Slight Improvement for Renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuruslayer

04-18-2011

I love Renekton and he is an awesome champ but I can't stand his base movement speed, he moves like a sloth across the battlefield, and typically melee champs need to chase down ranged with slows like ashe for example to prevent being kited to death. I almost always take cleanse while playing him because of this but it feels like a bandage over the problem, it would be excellent if they increased his base MS even by 10 points it would be a load of an improvement. Anyone agree?

Also just so people are aware, I've considered the fact that he is a meta and thus is supposed to be tankyDPS but if you compare his ability to chase down people to other champs in his class.

Nasus has a base Movement speed of 325 and one of the best slows in the game
Garen has a base Movement speed of 320 and can speed himself up with Decisive Strike
Renekton has a base Movement speed of 320 and can cover a range of 50-100 with slice and dice off cooldown.
Nunu has a base Movement speed of 315, but has a slow AND a haste ability.

2cows and a duck

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruslayer View Post
I love Renekton and he is an awesome champ but I can't stand his base movement speed, he moves like a sloth across the battlefield, and typically melee champs need to chase down ranged with slows like ashe for example to prevent being kited to death. I almost always take cleanse while playing him because of this but it feels like a bandage over the problem, it would be excellent if they increased his base MS even by 10 points it would be a load of an improvement. Anyone agree?
No. He is a big fat crocodile he should not be fast.

silvakshadower

04-18-2011

Dude he has a double dash. Coming froma player who uses renekton as his main make full use off his slice and dice. You can also get ghost and for items get an item like youmus ghostblade which has an active that increases movement imensly. If you use these correcty there is no reason for a base movement buff on renekton

Kuruslayer

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvakshadower View Post
Dude he has a double dash. Coming froma player who uses renekton as his main make full use off his slice and dice. You can also get ghost and for items get an item like youmus ghostblade which has an active that increases movement imensly. If you use these correcty there is no reason for a base movement buff on renekton
Thats the problem though, using a cooldown on an entirely combo based champion to close ground is fairly crippling, other characters like Nasus or Garen don't need to chain abilities to maximize damage output renekton does. Plus, its foolish to use youmuus active to chase, thats wasting such an amazing item ability to last hit a fleeing champ.

Mugz

04-18-2011

'I have options but I don't want to use them! Buff me instead so I don't have to!'

'Kay there bud.

silvakshadower

04-18-2011

Well I don't really see the problem of using youmus active to close ground as the cooldown is fairly short. I also find it that if you have items that reduce cd and maybe some cd runes you can get a stun every 5 seconds which is pretty fricken fantastic as it basically means clearing more ground and chopping off more hp. Although that's just my opinion maybe get cripple.

Kuruslayer

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muglette View Post
'I have options but I don't want to use them! Buff me instead so I don't have to!'

'Kay there bud.
I believe that I have already stated that I DO implement methods to get over the movement speed issue the problem is that its extremely crippling on a champ who had his natural scaling nerfed in the recent patch leaving me next to no methods of building him able to chase and do a respectable amount of damage at the same time. Before his ability scaling got reduced he was fine, because I could drop a heavy DPS item for something like Shyrelias right away for movement speed increasing, now building that item would be a problem because its a terrible item and he needs more offensive items to maintain his former ability to do sustained damage.

Mugz

04-18-2011

'They removed my ability to pick up no DPS items and still drop incredible amounts of damage! This is an outrage!'

'Kay there bud.

Kuruslayer

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muglette View Post
'They removed my ability to pick up no DPS items and still drop incredible amounts of damage! This is an outrage!'

'Kay there bud.
Dude, I'm not upset with the nerf, I'm just saying he is the quite literrally the only meta in the game unable to haste himself or slow down someone from a distance....5-10 BMS isn't asking for much considering, I'm not asking for a **** rework, so stop trolling my thread when I'm making a serious point.

silvakshadower

04-18-2011

Get exhaust period doneso. If your chasing and they pass a turret pop your ultimate and make a dash for them 90% of the time you will kill them. If your VERSING a ranged just get like a black cleaver or anything with a good amount of damage pop your w and that's like half there health. Give our take depending on build. But remember that your playing a champion that is a fricken crocodile so play quick and aggressive there's no need for a speed boost if you have a moldy good dash and an extremely powerful w