Sivir needs buffing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dragonbayne

04-18-2011

Since her Q nerf, anyone that picks her gets railed at because she has no damage, and can do nothing but push, backdoor and farm and die in teamfights. She has no CC at all and in a game nowadays where every new champ being shelled out has a stun, fear,snare,popup or knockback and that that leaves her with alot to be desired.

Its just plain sad to see a classic champ get passed over for the new kid on the block...i mean shes like the only champ that has no kind of cc in any ability or even her ultimate. For a champ thats supposed to be a warrior princess she runs from more fights than she participates in.

youboun

04-18-2011

I dunno, I agree, but I don't.

It's true, not having CC sucks, but I don't mind. If I don't mid, I leave that to my lane-mate. I do however think her ult is fine as it is, it's a great speed buff and it's helped me chase down many a fleeing Teemo.

However, I think Sivir is great in that she has good damage output, is ranged, and can hit multiple targets at once. Her Q decimates squishies early game if you aim it right, and her spell shield saves you from stuns and nukes if you use it right. Overall, she's a nice champ and I don't think she needs to be changed.

Thubgar

04-18-2011

give her ult passive attack damage, increase her range to 500, fix her passive so it actually works, and maybe let her ricochet apply on-hits and she'd be fine.

fixes her lack of damage, survivability, and with phage, her lack of cc. she'd finally act more like the dps carry she's supposed to be.

tmacandcheese

04-18-2011

I would LOVE to see the range increase and the Ricochet on-hit effects... though make it work like Luna from DotA. Seriously, some things could just get out of hand... (Tiamat Sivir ftw!!!)

Her range is pretty pathetic, and does need to be upped, that's a definite thing. Lifesteal should apply to all ricochet hits IMO. CC-like "Orb-effects" (As it's referred to in DotA) shoudln't do that, like a frozen mallet. She'd be WAY too valuable for a team fight IMO. Black Cleaver I'd be okay with. Just stuff like that.

Personally, Especially since the Q nerf, I don't actually get her Q. Call me a noob for it, I've had enough fun with game swhere I've literally gotten over 700 creep kills (granted, the game was an hour and 10 minutes... but still, that's a very high amount of creep kills) because I maxed out Ricochet first, spell shield 2nd, and didn't even touch my Q till I had to. Pushing is awesome, lane process in hilarious (TF: I shall activate a gold card, and approach you with it. This card plus my stacked deck shall chunk thy hp! ... Sivir: AHA! I retaliate to your harassment by pressing E, and continue casually auto attacking your creeps. Little do you know, you're still being hit! I reign victorious!) etc.

Btw, sorry for so much DotA talk in this, even though this is LoL. I'm pretty sure Sivir was at least loosely based on Luna, so I might as well bring her into the equation. And for those who don't know, "Orb-effects" are any sort of item that effects your auto attack to do some kind of extra effect. Some were also called Buff Placers. Lifesteal was an orb effect, as auto attacking gave you life. Slows were both Orbs and Buff placers, as it placed a debuff on them that strictly happened with your auto attack. Black cleaver would work the same way. Starks would be a Buff Placer only, as it's not specific to your auto attack, but to the auto attack of anybody nearby. (I think) Difference is in Dota, you could only have one orb and one buff placer =P