The best support..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

In your opinions, ladies and gents, who would be the best support at the time we're talking. Regardless of the summoner's abilities to control the champion You may take in count that a support is better for one situation and another would be better for another situation.

-Janna
-Taric
-Alistar
-Nidalee
-Sona
-Zilean
-Shen
-Morgana
-Lux
-Galio
-Kayle

(I skip Teemo, I don't even know why he's classed as a support... Someone knows the answer?)

Ez0 Prush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

That's a tough one (lol @ Teemo comment). I would have to vote....Janna. Global move speed. Knock up. Knock back. Slow. AoE Heal. Shield/+dmg (that you can put on turrets!!). The Goddess **** of Assists is amazing

Funny game recently. We had a Nasus paired with Janna/Nidalee pushing mid Inhibitor turret. Janna and Nidalee behind him, granting a shield, +50 dmg, attack speed, a huge heal, slows and knock ups. Not to mention his Wither and Lifesteal. No one could kill him lol. I just sat back and watched the comedy show as they died one by one. Too funny. Best part was when they went after Nidalee and Janna, they got Withered, knocked up, slowed and speared to death.

Die Nacht

04-18-2011

Taric. He can tank (with little items due to his W), aura-support and heal very fast (due to the CDR he gets from AAs).

Janna is an amazing pusher, however.

Tanglewalker

04-18-2011

I love Karma. Tons of burst/aoe dmg, has an aoe heal, a powerful shield, and an aoe(ish) snare/speed boost.

Ω Omega

04-18-2011

Mj295

04-18-2011

I would personally go with Janna and Karma.
Janna has a nice amount of CC, global speed boost, AoE heal and a shield/AD buff. This spells out nice support to me.

Karma, I feel, is kind of like the jack of all trades . She has an AoE heal that damages, a decent shield that damages and a slow...that damages and increases speed. She has everything all in one which is why I main her. Janna is kind of like her but the fact that her heal is an ult kinda turns me down a bit. :P

Shnowmon

04-18-2011

It really depends on your situation. Sona is best for supporting the entire team, but falls shorter supporting a single partner. Taric is a good all round support, with a short ranged stun, heals, shield, and teambuff ult. Gallio almost unmatched for initiations, flashing un with a super taunting ult that explodes is a great way to tip a team fight in your favor. Lux really only has her shield as defensive support, so she mainly sits at CC with one nuke support, much like Morgana. Soraka is almost unmatched for supporting one partner, but falls short in team fights late game, as she cannot heal everyone as effectively as Sona. Alistar is a CC beast and a tank, so you cant go wrong there. Zilean is more situational support, mainly he just spams bombs, but his ult is always nice to throw on your DPS if being focused. Nidalee has great heals for single people, but other than that late game she is reduced to chucking spears from the back in hopes of connecting with someone. Kayle has been nerfed into the ground, and is more useful built as a hybrid to do mixed damage. Her ult may save someone once and a while as well as her heal + speed boost, but I would say she sits at the bottom of latter for support choices. I have only played Karma and Shen once, so I cannot rightfully make a judgment on them.

Eugenides

04-18-2011

Zilean or Alistar

tmacandcheese

04-18-2011

I would have to say Teemo, Lux, and Janna (not in any paticular order.)

For me, it's all based on the games.

To my knowledge, Teemo is considered a support due to the way his ult is set up. Being against a jungler, you can ward the whole map and use a single wrong move of a jungler to your team's advantage. He's more of an offensive support, ya know? He also uses the placement of shrooms to his advantage, more leaving kiting opportunities for his teamates and potential initiation, due to a single step of the enemy team. I enjoy playing him as Mushroom Teemo, because it does enough damage and can be helpful to the team by a lot =P

Lux is so epic... Probably amongst my best heroes, and definitely a favorite of mine. She seems like such an offensive burst, and she is, but she helps the team SO much if done right. I always go 9/0/21 with instant CDR boots and morellos, 40% ASAP =P She has awesome group slows, a double snare, some shields, etc. The only thing is, those CC's do some epic damage too, at great range... and she has probably my favorite ult in the game <(^.^<)

Janna is already explained. Definitely the best full fledged suppport IMO. Watching a Janna single-handedly turn around a game due to good shields, awesome CC, and just overall winning is so epic. Every time I see a Janna on the team, I grab singed and ask to lane with her <(^.^<) It's just so unfair lmao

p.s. maybe not the best I guess, but my definite favorites to play

s7ranburgLar

04-18-2011

i've really been liking janna lately.
i've previously heard that she doesn't kill many kills, but i do quite well stats wise with her (6-12/0-6/15-25).
also, i love the support she gives to laning partners, or team fights. she has many situational skills which can be a deciding factor of the fight, and are quite satisfying to pull off.

Also, shen and galio are great support champions, but to a lesser exent. Though, they make up for it with their tankiness

Finally, the ability to support team fights by spearing fools and being a jungle cat is fun as Nidalee.