Unbalance between old and new champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semper Damnatus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

im sorry but with all these new champs out right now, im noticing more and more of these champs that can do just about anything, and they all seem to have similar aspets to other champs but better. starting with lee sin, hes isnt op ik, bur i mean hes got a perfect chase ability a power slow, and an 2 escape abilties. Brand, a stun, aoe ability that does crazy amounts of damage, also his stun can serve as an escape. but its the time of the stun 2 seconds, that a lot for something easy to land with, comparing to annies stun. and jarven, just like lee sin hes got a slow a chase and an escape plus a his ulti is like the greatest go fck yourself finishing move.

so my argument today is what happened to the uniqueness in every champ, to me riot is clearly making these other champs to replace these older ones with rather op characteristics, i just want these champs to be ment for something like the others, not everything.

these champs are not op, maybe jarven but, i still think theres some serious serious balancing issues, with the new and yes the old.

Riot stop making more champs for now and fix the ones you have now its getting stupid.

p.s. my opinion feel free to agree or disagree

NobleAmberDragon

04-18-2011

I disagree.

Lee Sin is pretty underpowered. Sure, he can dart around, but what damage does he deal? What survivability does he have? Someone who is skilled with Lee Sin plays fairly well. That same person can rofl-stomp with many other champions.

Brand has some incredible AoE capabilities. He does have a stun, you're right. But he has to hit you with a spell, and then hit with a slow-moving skillshot. He has no ability to get out of a gank, other than dealing damage, and nothing to save him after his cooldowns are spent. To be honest, seeing a Brand on the other team isn't near as scary as an Annie or (well-played) Lux.

Jarvan is overpowered, in my opinion. Not incredibly so, but he is great tanky-DPS. Is he the best? No.

Nocturne is very powerful, but isn't too difficult to counter. He can 1v1 almost anyone and easily win; congratulations, he is a strong assassin. He is too squishy to take on more than that (if the opposing team understands what nocturne is capable of).

The "power difference" between old and new champions just means Riot isn't making champions whose abilities don't synergize with each other (ignoring Lee Sin), and they understand the mechanics of their own game to give assassins their abilities, give tanky-dps their type of abilities, nukers their type of abilities, etc.

Private Riem

04-18-2011

Crit Sion makes me cry. I miss it.

Tvor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-18-2011

Old ranged DPS and mage > new ones
New tanky dps = old dps
New gimmick champ < all.

novaalltheway13

04-18-2011

Morg counters brand
Tryn counters nocturne
Xin counters jarvan. (Not to mention any leaper)

Play the correct old champs to beat the new ones. These are just 1 of each cat to name a few.

GlyphTsen

04-18-2011

Ashe says "hi." Would like to remind you of her existence as one of the best champions at all levels of play.

Amumu was feeling too depressed to comment.

Auricol

04-18-2011

I think the only reason why Brand's stun is 2 seconds is because it's a skill shot, which was the first stun to be a skill shot. I think it's justified. But Brand needs to be toned down a bit.

Other than that, I agree with you.

bobtheimpaler

04-18-2011

ok

Edit: hint i am almost always banned