Lee Sin's ult: an impractical but awesome slight rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordRandomness

04-18-2011

In a nutshell: kick someone into the air, then back into the ground for massive damage. Bet that got your attention

N.B: Please only downvote if you hate the general idea of it; if there are just aspects that aren't to your liking, post about those and I'll tweak.

First ability: Rocket Kick. Lee Sin unleashes a powerful upward kick, dealing 75/150/225 (+1.0 per bonus AD) physical damage and knocking the target into the air for 1 second and stunning them for 0.5 seconds on landing. For the next 1.5 seconds, Lee Sin can use Dragon's Rage.

Dragon's Rage: If the enemy hit by Rocket Kick is still airborne, Lee Sin leaps into the air to deliver a powerful roundhouse kick to the airborne target dealing 25/50/75 (+1.0 per bonus AD) physical damage and slamming them into the ground around 600 units away in the direction of the cursor. Enemies near the impact point are knocked airborne, and the target takes 90/180/270 true damage on impact. Lee Sin lands from this kick at the same time the enemy does.

If the enemy is not airborne, Lee Sin simply kicks them along the ground in the direction of the cursor for 1200 units, dealing 50/100/150 (+1.0 per bonus AD) physical damage and knocking up anyone hit by the rebounding enemy. The target takes an additional 25/50/75 true damage for every champion/obstacle they impact.

That's the gist of it. There'd be a few other details: upon using Rocket Kick, a 45 degree cone would appear opposite Lee Sin's position when he uses it. To clarify, this means you STILL HAVE TO KICK THEM AWAY FROM YOURSELF, and you can't kick to behind your position. This would be the range that Dragon's Rage could kick the enemy into, to prevent him just kicking them behind himself. Knockup radius on the aerial kick would be a little larger than Pulverize, and the delay in the enemy landing would be small so that their total time disabled is similar to what it is currently. Furthermore, travel time would be dependent on how far away you kick them, so if you just kick them directly below yourself, they recover almost immediately.

There's a few things this does:

- Allows for more precision knockups, making the ult more useful in general.
- Changes the knockup area, meaning you can catch enemies in different configurations
- Lets you keep the enemy in one place as you damage them with your ult if you so desire
- Provides a pseudo-escape if you can kill your assassination target by kicking them down into the enemy team
- Makes it more likely you'll get the knockup effect by moving some of the damage over to the impact.

However, it also means:

- You deal slightly less damage; this is to compensate for the presence of true damage. (NOTE - true damage is mostly thematic and could be removed and changed to physical damage instead)
- If you use it like the old dragon's rage, it does less damage and takes longer to perform the knockup (gotta wait a second for them to land)
- Forces you to stay in place for longer while comboing the target: this makes you more vulnerable to attack. You can just kick the target into the air and leave them, retaining its usefulness for escaping chases, but since about half the damage is on the dragon's rage kick, you will deal less damage.
- In general, it becomes a fair bit harder to use, but more rewarding if pulled off correctly. Basically it eliminates the need for flash-kicks or tempest/cripple or ghost to use your ult without knocking the enemy to safety (which was doable already, just used up flash).

tl;dr: Kick an enemy into the air, then roundhouse them back into the ground or wait for them to land and kick them normally. Sound like fun?

LordRandomness

04-18-2011

Okay, so the forums are moving way too fast and someone's decided to put in a random downvote. I'm all for criticism, but I can't tweak my suggestion unless people tell me WHY it sucks

Also, comments would be nice.

Canvasofgrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

You already stated it.

Rable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

I like the idea and i do agree that his current ult is hard to place, i usually just shoot and hope it hits some other people to. I think your idea would be better though if the kicks just sent them in a line like they do now. To the cursors location seems a ridiculous.

IS15b598b92de7640e3daa5

04-18-2011

why are people down-voting this lol.

Sure the numbers may be wonky but the thought of a le sin going matrix on some on is ***.

LordRandomness

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rable View Post
I like the idea and i do agree that his current ult is hard to place, i usually just shoot and hope it hits some other people to. I think your idea would be better though if the kicks just sent them in a line like they do now. To the cursors location seems a ridiculous.
Well, the point is that there's a small cone in front of the kick that you can send them to, so it's only a little better than a straight line. Main reason being that otherwise it's next to impossible to get anyone else with the aerial knockup. I'll mess around with it a bit more.

EDIT: Yeah, numbers were chosen to make it as close to the original in damage as possible. I may well have messed that up, but I was going for a complete idea. Feel free to suggest better ones!

LordRandomness

04-18-2011

Well, I just realized that the mouseover text I had previously would be stopping people from even wanting to look at this, so I've changed it to something more eye-catching. Also bump =/

LordRandomness

04-18-2011

Apparently it didn't work.

Also, this is staying bumped until it gets large quantities of negative feedback, so if you're gonna downvote, post about it.

LordRandomness

04-18-2011

Bump. >_>

LordRandomness

04-18-2011

Aaand again.