Galio's recent buffs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

luminaxe

04-18-2011

Recently one of my favorite champs was buffed, Galio. I've yet to play him to test him out, but just reading the listed buffs makes me wonder what direction RIOT wishes to take Galio. In the original spotlight, Phreak says that Galio is a tank/support/burst champion. The most recent buffs have been in the damage area, which leads me to believe RIOT wants to make him just another AP burst caster, but the issue is his ult doesn't work with that kit. His ult makes it necessary to build some form of resists to get in close to activate it, and take the damage.

RIOT i'd like to know what exactly are you plans with Galio? How do you plan to make his ult taunt better, because merc treads makes it far to easy to get out of. Will you increase his base stats to make him a better tank, or continue to make him another AP burst caster?

paynee89

04-18-2011

I second this, i bought him jus before he got nerfed 4 times in a row... as my first 6300ip champ i was disgruntled to say the least...

He needs a rework although i'm not sure what i'd do...

luminaxe

04-18-2011

They could make his kit work around his ult to make him more tank like. Or they redo his kit to be more support. OR they could over haul the ult and make it something else to go with support or tank.

I'd prefer him to be a viable tank, I think a base stat tweak would be nice and do quite a bit for him, but his ult being affected by merc treads is quite hurtful.

luminaxe

04-18-2011

Bump in hope for a red.

Ensign Drej

04-18-2011

Galio is still hugging a crutch because his ultimate is so easily defeated by Merc Treads, and since he has no hard distance closer.

He has a ways to go to reach the glory he once had, but damage was one of his issues, and it has been improved a bit.

It's a step in the right direction, but he needs more.

luminaxe

04-18-2011

I'd be happy if they left damage alone, and just made him tankier TBH, and maybe gave him a way into the fight beyond flash-ulting :/

luminaxe

04-18-2011

bump again, still hoping for a red to see.