Kayle feels really under powered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Doom MD

04-18-2011

Is this just me? I feel like Kayle is way to under powered and bad in this game. I feel like she needs a buff or atleast to be re worked.

Lafua

04-18-2011

How do you build her?

Masteries
Skills
Runes
Items

Axis the Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

She's apparently gonna get a rework, but we don't know when or if it's actually gonna happen.

GayGuyTaric

04-18-2011

yeah she is under power

they are reworking her

Doctor Doom MD

04-18-2011

Really? a rework would be awesome!

ChexGuy331

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

they're buffing her heal, making it so that E is the skill you should max first, changing her passive so that it's more support-oriented, and not doing anything to her ult.

Diamondragan

04-18-2011

She seems to be stretched all over the place...

Her abilities serve the roles of, in this order:

• Mage/DPS
  • Support
  • Mage/DPS
  • Support

Some of you might be saying: "Well, I'm pretty sure that just makes her a support mage."

...and that's true, kinda. I say kinda because she isn't full support, and she isn't full DPS. This means her role is like running around chasing players while, at the same time, healing the other guy tanking and praying to the Almighty that she isn't focused because there is not much room in her build for defense.

Support Mage DPS. Let's break that down a little.

Support:
  • AP Scale
  • Healing
  • Brief Invulnerability

Mage:
  • AP Scale
  • Magic Damage
  • Slow

DPS:
  • AD Scale
  • Needs Attack Speed
  • Requires minor to middle-tier ability to take damage

And while she's trying to fill all of these roles, she excels at zero, and loses potential if she focuses on just one aspect.

So she needs something like...
  • Sorc/Zerk Boots
  • Nashor's Tooth
  • Rylai's Crystal Scepter
  • Archangel's Staff/Manamune
  • Rod of Ages
  • Guardian Angel

And here's where we come to a big, to be frank, "Wtf?" moment. She needs it all, and she needs it bad. However, imagine how hard it is to manage things when you can't instabuild a full set and there isn't a whole lot of cheap on this list. There are also two choices, because you need to decide between more magic or more physical.

Most Kayles opt for magic and with a short range of 400 for her autoattack when using her E, that's not very useful unless you can outdps a raging Xin Zhao, Renekton, or any other mainly DPS champion. Kayle players know how short 2 seconds are when they are on a cc leash prolonging the inevitable because, guess what, DPS only helps if you're attacking.

Thus, her place resides at a dangerously close range to the action simultaneously trying to dole out heals, invincibility, and damage while trying not to die and having pretty mere defense against any attacker who specializes in the field.

+1 for giving Kayle a summary without ever having purchased her or playing more than once in an ARAM game on a free week?

Also, how bad is this summary? :/

Jimmie Rustled

04-18-2011

i just never understood why when they change a character, they never make a new or update champion spotlight. It kind of misleads you when you watch a champion spotlight on a character that has been changed more than 10 times.

If they rework kayle, oh man theyll have to make a new champion spotlight. I personally think she should be our female tank.

Azaer

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmydubz View Post
i just never understood why when they change a character, they never make a new or update champion spotlight. It kind of misleads you when you watch a champion spotlight on a character that has been changed more than 10 times.

If they rework kayle, oh man theyll have to make a new champion spotlight. I personally think she should be our female tank.
She doesn't need a comprehensive rework, to my knowledge she really isn't getting one. The "rework" is swapping out her passive for a new one, playing with E a little (no toggle, thats been said by Riot on multiple occasions to not work well), and a look at W's bonus stat (in Shurelia's words, "more clutch bonus"). I heard something about a Q buff, too.

She'll still be the same character, just some changes to her optimal build, and some small tweaks to her play-style.

Purona

04-18-2011

i dont want her passive changed