Xin Zhao help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunney5

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkas View Post
I'm going to make a Sorc boots + 5 Deathcap game on Xin

Whenever I use E, they will feel it

Good thing I never recommended that to the OP, and at least he caught the joke. But your prolly right, they would feel the charge then. Maybe even put on a RoA in there as well.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

I just played Xin with some adjusted items(added in a SotD; one less defensive item from normal build) and he still kicks a**.

Though two or three more seconds of W would be nice; squishies like Katarina/Ashe...etc. usually die before they get knocked up the 3rd time, without abortion.

Gunney5

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
I just played Xin with some adjusted items(added in a SotD; one less defensive item from normal build) and he still kicks a**.

Though two or three more seconds of W would be nice; squishies like Katarina/Ashe...etc. usually die before they get knocked up the 3rd time, without abortion.

Its fun to play with his builds! I just enjoy playing more support then OMGkiller. I leave that up to my squishier carries while I ensure their lifes while taking out their ranged as much as possible. Support the tank in his job (saving carries) while doing yours (Eating Veig is so much fun) is something I just started doing since Ive put some of my tanks away for awhile - in my normal group that is.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunney5 View Post
Its fun to play with his builds! I just enjoy playing more support then OMGkiller. I leave that up to my squishier carries while I ensure their lifes while taking out their ranged as much as possible. Support the tank in his job (saving carries) while doing yours (Eating Veig is so much fun) is something I just started doing since Ive put some of my tanks away for awhile - in my normal group that is.
Xin Zhao does that best when he charges in and hit ulti (with active on the SotD for maximum damage); enemy tank has to CC him instead of your squishies because Xin can CC their carry and kill them in within 5 seconds.

Defending his ally is not the best thing to do since Xin's hard CC is not instant; you probably want Jarvan instead(put the flag on your squishy for aspd and armor, and use the knockup against anyone.who tries to get to them) Jarvan's ulti is also very nice(meleed dps got into your carry's face? Ulti and let carry flash out) for many purposes.

LyraOrpheo

04-18-2011

ALWAYS BUILD THE FOLLOWING TWO ON XIN ZHAO

Mercury Treads. Enemy will direct CC at you due to being a front liner, it helps lots. Plus the MR is gud.
Youmuu's Ghostblade: It has everything Xin Zhao could want:
- Attack speed to proc talon and Battle Cry's active more
- Cooldown reduction which coupled with the previous means you can charge and pop them up more, also breaks between Battle Cry lasts less.
- Armor Penetration is one the only way you have to making your ult hurt more. Aside leveling it. Plus you're a physical attacker, it helps.
- Attack damage and Crit %, see 3nd sentence of above point.

Build the following items depending on the situation:
Randuin's Omen - Always.
Banshee's Veil when lots stuns and fed AP carry
Sword of the Divine- armor penetration active makes your ult hurt so much more. Plus attack speed on Xin is gud.
Black Cleaver- If you want more right click DPS
Wriggles Lantern- You can rush this one early if you want more survivability in lane
Bloodthirster- You should get this as a 6th item

For runes I like
Armor penetration reds
Armor or dodge quints
Magic resist and CDR mix
2 armor pen quint
1 hp quints

Masteries
16 Defensive (basically max the HP talent)
1 Utility (Improve ghost)
The rest in utility, make sure to get the 6 armor penetration talent.

Gunney5

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
Xin Zhao does that best when he charges in and hit ulti (with active on the SotD for maximum damage); enemy tank has to CC him instead of your squishies because Xin can CC their carry and kill them in within 5 seconds.

Defending his ally is not the best thing to do since Xin's hard CC is not instant; you probably want Jarvan instead(put the flag on your squishy for aspd and armor, and use the knockup against anyone.who tries to get to them) Jarvan's ulti is also very nice(meleed dps got into your carry's face? Ulti and let carry flash out) for many purposes.
Oh yeah, Jar is much much much better at saving teammates between the q,e combo or if his ult is up. I just end up being more "off-tanky" with some good sustained dps and if I see one of my carries is in trouble (mind you, Ive already done my job and took out at least one of theirs - main goal is take out their carry 1st, save ours 2nd), then Im going to try to save my Lux or MF (for example) if something else other than their tank is going for them. I do love me some Jarv though. Great for escaping Jung ganks ^_^

ClaymacK

04-19-2011

Lol ****, didn't expect so many posts. Thanks everyone for your suggestions, i will read through your posts and give try out your builds. Thanks again everyone