Xin Zhao help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClaymacK

04-18-2011

I was wondering if anyone could give me some xin help. Builds, runes, masteries, playstyle etc.

I use guardsman bobs setup:
wriggles
boots
yomuus
frozen mallet
banshees/atmas (depending on enemy team)

I also buy red or green elixirs with extra money

I run exhaust/ghost with a 4/16/10 masteries

Runewise, i just started buyin them so atm i have 3 arp marks and a health quint :P

As for playstyle i try and charge in second but usually end up initiatin because of god awful solo queue teams. I usually charge-3 talon strike-battle cry-yomuus-ult.

Tyvm in advance for any help

ClaymacK

04-18-2011

Bump

AtridOne

04-18-2011

Xin zhao is in a bad place right now, as they recently gave him a vicious thrashing that many consider unneccesary. This was roughly 6 days ago.

They've already announced that on the next patch (Roughly 8 days from now) they'll be buffing him back up in different areas.

You may want to sheathe Xin for a week because he's going to be drastically different to build in all likelihood come the patch.

ClaymacK

04-18-2011

Thank you for the reply, i know they nerfed him last patch (i'm not a noob ) but i still enjoy playin him. Honestly, i felt that nerf was justified because i have seen some xins anhilate entire teams single handedly. I dont feel he's all that weak, I've been doin relatively well with him but im tryna transition into ranked with him so i was lookin for ways to improve my play.

Gunney5

04-18-2011

Personally, I love xin and havent even felt much of a hit with the recent nerf. That being said, I dont build him a full blown killer, but I dont build him uber tank.

Runes - red, full arm pen / Blue, mix of atk spd and mana regen / Yellow, mix of atk spd and mana regen with 1-2 hp.

Quints - 1 arm pen, 1 akt spd, 1 hp.

Masteries 16/6/8 with imp. ex and ghost (also use for summ. spells.)

Build - rush HOG (incase you happen to get shutdown), merc treds, phage, BF > Blk clever, Neg. cloak, and the starter lifesteal for a Stark Fervor (cant remember name). From there, upgrade either the cloak 1st (blk clever always 1st for atk spd and damage) if you need the resist or go Starks for more atk spd and the -armor aura. Generally last thing I upgrade is either the phage, or replace the HoG with thorn if needed, or up to omens.

You your kinda tanky and have enough dps to kills the squishies (your job). As for the pick of mag resist, I honestly have been having fun with the abyssal secpter as it helps your charge (lol, still doesnt hurt much) but mostly for the higher resist than B.veil and the -mag resist aura. End result is tanky support DPS with both auras up.

EDIT: forgot on how to play. I play a bit more reserved depending on the champ, know their weaknesses and forms of CC (if any). Start with charge, then 3 talon then bat. cry. Level up cry and charge both to 4 (taking ult when possible) alternating between the two. Once 4, level up talon to lvl 2 then max out the others and talon last. Talon has a short CD and the bonus damage isnt worth compared to the constant cc with the charge up and talon up from bat cry. Keep your cc's up as much as possible, youll get the damage covered soon enough.

ClaymacK

04-18-2011

Thanks for your input

Hmmm...my main problem with all you said is the abyssal scepter lol. If i need more mr id just go with a force of nature. I think you mean vampiric scepter as the first component of starks. You still build the HoG even post nerf? I do like how quick you get the black cleaver though

As for runes, i find your choices...questionable :/ i have almost no mana problems with xin because all of his abilities have such insanely low mana costs. I feel like your runes are little too spread out, what i mean by that is that one health quint wont make as much of a difference as 3 attack speed or armor penetration quints.

Thanks for your help, ill try your build later in the week when i actually have time for a game and ill let you know

Dakkas

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunney5 View Post
Personally, I love xin and havent even felt much of a hit with the recent nerf. That being said, I dont build him a full blown killer, but I dont build him uber tank.

Runes - red, full arm pen / Blue, mix of atk spd and mana regen / Yellow, mix of atk spd and mana regen with 1-2 hp.

Quints - 1 arm pen, 1 akt spd, 1 hp.

Masteries 16/6/8 with imp. ex and ghost (also use for summ. spells.)

Build - rush HOG (incase you happen to get shutdown), merc treds, phage, BF > Blk clever, Neg. cloak, and the starter lifesteal for a Stark Fervor (cant remember name). From there, upgrade either the cloak 1st (blk clever always 1st for atk spd and damage) if you need the resist or go Starks for more atk spd and the -armor aura. Generally last thing I upgrade is either the phage, or replace the HoG with thorn if needed, or up to omens.

You your kinda tanky and have enough dps to kills the squishies (your job). As for the pick of mag resist, I honestly have been having fun with the abyssal secpter as it helps your charge (lol, still doesnt hurt much) but mostly for the higher resist than B.veil and the -mag resist aura. End result is tanky support DPS with both auras up.

EDIT: forgot on how to play. I play a bit more reserved depending on the champ, know their weaknesses and forms of CC (if any). Start with charge, then 3 talon then bat. cry. Level up cry and charge both to 4 (taking ult when possible) alternating between the two. Once 4, level up talon to lvl 2 then max out the others and talon last. Talon has a short CD and the bonus damage isnt worth compared to the constant cc with the charge up and talon up from bat cry. Keep your cc's up as much as possible, youll get the damage covered soon enough.
Never post about Xin again.

Never

Booterang

04-18-2011

Xin is in a really bad place at this moment. He is frankly quite useless as the result of some unnecessary nerfs. They plan to 'change' him a little, and so you should wait till next patch to see whats up.

Build I use currently (well, until the nerf) Was Boots 2, Yommu's ghostblade, Sword of the divine, Randuins Omen (Sunfire cape may be better now) Banshee's veil, and last whisper.

ClaymacK

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booterang View Post
Xin is in a really bad place at this moment. He is frankly quite useless as the result of some unnecessary nerfs. They plan to 'change' him a little, and so you should wait till next patch to see whats up.

Build I use currently (well, until the nerf) Was Boots 2, Yommu's ghostblade, Sword of the divine, Randuins Omen (Sunfire cape may be better now) Banshee's veil, and last whisper.
I definetly don't find him useless to any extent but he certainly isn't as good as he was pre nerf.

Seems like a solid build, and id definetly go with the sunfire over randuins though.
thanks for your help, i'll definetly give itn a try

Prometheius

04-18-2011

I use this set-up:

9/0/21

9 offense into Crit, Improved Exhaust, CDR, and 1 Ar Pen

Exhaust + Ghost

Runes:

HP Quints
Ar Pen Marks
Flat Armor Seals
MRes/Lvl Glyphs

Ideal Build: Ghost Blade, BVeil, Merc Treads, Randuin's, Stark's, BCleaver

End stats of around 200 AD, 1.8 Atk Spd, 150 of each defense, 2.8k~ HP, 29% CDR, and 37 Ar Pen before auras, actives, and steroids kick in.

Once those activate, I'm clocking 2.5 Atk Spd, 200 Defense, and 105 Ar Pen.

Then factor in elixirs.

Of course, that's an ideal scenario.

I tend to build in this order:

Doran's Blade/Shield
Boots 1
Brutalizer
Merc Treads
Ghost Blade
Sapphire Crystal
Negatron + Chain Mail (Order depends on who's kicking my ass)
BCleaver/Randuin's/Bveil/Stark's depending on what I need and what I can afford.

I prefer soloing mid as Xin if my Jungler's competent. Duoing with some hard CC if not.

Soloing mid is very interesting. Some champs, you can dominate, such as an Ashe Pre-6. Just jump in and TTS her when the minion count is low. Others, such as Brand, are a lot harder to fight because of their constant hard CC and burst damage threat. Usually, if you have a decent jungler, you just wait for them to bush camp then TTS to bait a flash. Back off and wait a bit, then do it again for a kill.

Success usually depends on how threatening you seem. Make yourself seem weak and scared, and you can dominate the enemy when they start taking risks to injure you. Just remember that his Charge is also an escape skill for skill shot evasion.

Side lane should be simple. Wait for your partner to CC something then jump in and TSS combo for a kill or heavy damage. Don't be afraid to actually jump in for a quick TTS if they've just blown their hard CCs and minions aren't around. Abuse bushes to scare people.