Mordekaiser: The Metal MeatGrinder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KeVoN xD

04-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntardHuntard View Post
Okay i totally dont agree with this build im sorry. I start with ---
Boots of Swiftness
Warmog's Armor
Leviathan
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Abyssal Scepter

But depending on the game and champions i also use these 3
Sunfire Cape
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Force of Nature

For me it all depends on the other team and my teams champions. If we have more then one tank then i'll go for
Warmog's Armor
Boots of Swiftness
Leviathan
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Abyssal Scepter
Guinsoo's Rageblade

This is kind of a Hybrid build for damage and tanking. Or if the other team has alot of AP then i'll obviously sub in the force of nature. Also i play very aggressive with Mordekaiser so i go Siphon of Destruction and Mace of Spades first. I dont get Creeping Death until 7 or later depending on the game. You can solo or lane with this build and it is very easy to farm just spam Siphon and Mace as much as possible and keep your shield up. Also try to use Siphon of Destruction on the Champions as much as possible and weaken them.
The spells i get in 5v5 are Flash and Ignite. Flash makes it an easy escape or kill whichever you need. I dont get exshast in 5v5 because there are plenty of other heroes that have it or have some kind of cc and slow. In 3v3 though i get Exhaust and Ignite. Ignite is essential on Morde because Ignite + Children of the Grave is almost an instant kill.
Also with this build i always get 4.5-5k hp.
GUINSOOS ON MORDE??????????????????? WTF

YOU SERIOUS?

Why dont you try Heat N serve guide, its a great guide for mode

http://forum.leaguecraft.com/showthread.php?tid=1209

vip1514

05-03-2010

I dont know if any1 wants to know how i do it but i'll share it anyways.

Starting with the abilitys:

lvl 1 -Siphon of Destruction
lvl 2 -Mace of Spades
lvl 3 -Mace of Spades
lvl 4 -Siphon of Destruction
lvl 5 -Creeping Death
lvl 6 - Ulti
lvl 7 and higher- Ulti has the priority, then go with Mace of Spades and Siphon of Destruction and try keeping them same rank as they both do a lot of dmg and are great AoE creeping abilitys

At start i buy Regrowth Pendan which is quite a good item for creeping at start. You dont have to run to base every time you lack on HP. You can allso buy Doran's Shield on start if you see realy strong enemys in the enemy team. I keep creeping as long as i can untill i run out of HP or out of my HP and shield advantage. I allawys start with combining Warmog's Armor which is prob the best item to start with and gives you a gr8 advantage in HP as well as in HP regen. I keep creeping untill i hit like 6 or higher, as long as i dont get pushed too far back by the enemys. I allways find it hillarious when some enemy heroe tryes to attack you when your HP is lower then theirs. Simply pop those 3 spells on you and hit him with the ulti, wich is allso great for escaping out of tight situations becouse of his life draining ability. Well, after Warmog's Armor i usually go for Boots of Swiftness which are great for chasing down defenceless enemys. After that, i go for Frozen Mallet, starting with Phage and later on with Giant's Belt. Allso a great item for slowing down running enemys and a source of high HP which is prob 1 of the most important stats for morde as he's a tank
In case the enemy team has lots of spellcasters i go for Force of Nature or Guardian Angel instead of Frozen Mallet.

Basicly focuse on your HP and magic resist and you'll be indestructible and with the help of your team you can easily win every fight you desire

well, this is just my way of doing it :P and it usually works great

AnalC

05-03-2010

Haunting Guise should be mandatory for all Mordekaisers

DreamyDays

05-03-2010

Haunting Guise is good, but not mandatory....

If you can fit it into your build, then by all means get it

But I feel that fitting Haunting Guise in my build is not too easy....

I usually end up dropping it unless I have a rather good early game, racking up gold....

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2010

I've had alot more experience with Mordekaiser now, and I've tried out alot of stuff, still might not be a master, but I still own 2 to 1 if I can afford equipment 90% of the time, and still do pretty well otherwise.

I stop carrying starks fervor and started trying to get B.F. Sword to bloodthirster as early as possible, the added attack damage contributes to Ace of Spades and allows him to push alot better. Starks Fervor is a god send, but the tank shouldn't be carrying it, you need the lifesteal more so if a teammate carries it you can get even more, if their not that bright than sucks, obviously they don't know how to contribute if their standing in the back wile you tank and their not smart enough to produce some auras for your to keep them covered.

Unlike most, I don't bother boosting his magic attack, which I always thought was dumb, I have never faced a magic morde who could even come close to a physical morde unless they were well fed and I didn't have any of my items.

Reason being, ace of spades grows alot faster with attack power, creeping death isn't really improved by ability power and can be used without pausing attacks, and his last 2 skills don't improve much with AP, so your basically relying on cooldown and magic pen to improve his spells, and it still woln't change much.

I still don't know a few things, like I don't know if damage returned from thornmail is charging my shields, what I do know is that having a strong attack contributes to lifesteal and shield storage, and being able to put out magic and physical damage at the same time shreds foes and makes it harder to buy defense against.

If the opponent has alot of physical attack I go mostly with bloodthirster, thornmail and warmonger. The combination ensures that almost any 1 on 1 within reason (excluding some opponent was entirely overfed) will not be able to face you... at all. I will continue on to get triforce or force of nature depending on what kind of weaknesses I need to fill, more damage, or magic resist.

I almost always get mercury treads, it saves me the trouble of getting cleanse, and works better for continous snares. Morde is a tank, if he can't last thru some snares when their cut in half than your failing your team.

If the opponent is mostly magical I will usually go straight for force of nature and other magic resist, and for normal armor I will get sunfire cloak since thornmail isn't going to return damage vs casters. I may also consider Abyssal Scepter if both my team and opponent team has alot of spell casters to increase our magic output and defend at the same time.

The most significant thing I have to note tho is that I never by rylas. Id rather have triforce and be able to do more damage in combination of ways, chase better, and slow on attack than barely improve my magic damage and slow with spells. If our team has an extreme lack of snares and we really need some AoE slow, than I may consider it, but I almost never get around to it since it is never a priority item.

There are alot of variations, primarily how you defend yourself mush change alot depending on what the opponent is using, you may need to get aegis of legion and guardian angel if their using a strong combination of damage, goes good with thornmail, or stress one or the other.

I'd really like to test morde builds some time though, so if you want to play some practice matches to see if you can beat my morde and try out different builds let me know, same name in game.

phantomash

03-06-2011

frozen mallet reduces movement speed 40% for like 2.5 secs. Sunfire does not add to his shiled, only his abilities do, it says this if you read his passive while in game. Sunfire is a good idea for morde especially if you are tanking, because when you tank you tend to be near enemies, and morde does not have much damage if you are truly tanking him. sunfire is very nice for chasing down low life opponents because you can be jsut out of range for an auto attack, and still damage them per second. Obvioulsy sunfire isnt as good if the other team has lots of ranged.

zxlkcf

03-06-2011

This thread is just housing ******ed Morde guides.