[GUIDE] MORDEKAISER!- Even Blade will fear you

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

02-27-2010

The origins of your demise
Its unclear how Mordekaiser came to be. Its possible that one night Helen Vogt while drunk donned a Viking helmet while she was in bed with Sam Totman causing him to spawn; Or as his biography describes he came out of nowhere and something something something. Regardless, he's here, he's German, and he's frightening enough to make even the might Mundo run away in fear that he might get bashed with a mace.

Lets get started Dawg

What we're building here: We're building a DPS lifesteal tank of ultimate destiny. We are not touching those puny mage items. Why are we not touching those puny mage items despite his "Amazing AP stack"? Well to steal from the mighty Condon as he described Singed: Your weapon is a mace larger than Teemo and you wear a giant suit of armor, why the **** are you giving him a wand?

Listen, I know lately making every last hero in the league an AP hero seems to be the ongoing trend, but not Mordekaiser. You can have Card master, you can have the clown, hell you can have Teemo for all I care, but leave my giant suit of armor alone. He doesn't need your puny mage items of ultimate squish, he needs manly man items, and lots of it.

Mmkay, so before we get all excited about how we're going to play this mean sunofa***** we need to cover how he's going to handle in any situation. I'm not going to give you a direct item build as every fight is different, but I will give you general builds depending on what you're fighting. (These items will not be listed in which order you should buy, rather which I remember first.) Each situation is going to demand different items, adapt to that.Builds:

Oh dear lord, mages everywhere:

Mercury Treads
Malady
Force of Nature/Banshee's veil (never both)
Frozen Mallet (to slow them when they run)
Infinity Edge
Wits end
Why? The merc treads and item #3 will put you at a decent enough MR that enemies won't be able to get past your shield, even with a burst. On top of that if you get the force of nature your health is secure, and banshee's veil will help you dodge stuns. The malady exists for lifesteal/attack speed and the Wits end will help you when those pesky little mages finally get chased down. Combine it with the health and slow from frozen mallet and puny veigar is nomming on the spike from your mace.

DPS man, **** **** ****.

Ninja Tabai
Malady
Warmog/Frozen Mallet
Sword of the Divine
Infinity Edge
Thornmail/Blood thirster (depending on how brave you are).
Ninja tabai is for armor and dodge, malady for early life steal and attack speed, warmog so you outtank the enemy, sword of the divine because on top of ungodly attack speed you'll also be hitting for an extra 100 damage every 2 seconds, infinity edge for pure damage, and the thornmail to cause them pain while they try to cause you pain (Yo dawg, I heard you like to cause pain, so we gave you a thornmail so you can cause pain while you're causing pain), alternatively a blood thirster will deal damage and give you even more life steal.

More tanks? *grins*

Boots of Swiftness
Malady
Warmog's armor
Madred's blood razor
Infinity edge
Phantom Dancer/executioner's calling.
The boots are so you can chase/run, the malady once again for early life steal, the warmog for health so you outhealth them, the madred for DPS and for that thing all the tanks hate (tons of uninhibitted damage), the infinity once again for indescribable pain and damage, and then phantom if you want epic crits, executioner's if you want more life steal.

These three builds are "Ultimate" items. So far I've only been able to complete the middle build, but complete any of these builds and you'll be able to fight three opponents while pushing a tower, I promise you. Keep in mind you can add and remove items from any build and replace them with items from another build or just replace them for a different situation. If there's a veigar with 4k HP (I've seen it before) Get the malady, wits end, and madred's. Veigar will be dead thiiiiiiiis quickly .

Masteries:
I like offense masteries simply because he is an offensive tank. Much like Warwick he's a tank but will not have as much HP and armor as the other tanks so he'll rely on his life steal like a crutch. Defensive work as well, but you'd have to be some AP sucka to try to give this guy Utility masteries past the first tier. I won't tell you what to do (don't go AP), but I will give you an idea of what you'd like.

Summoner abilities that work:

Exhaust: Its just universally good. It slows, it makes them miss, and it terrifies that poor Warwick who in the three seconds he's exhausted loses 80 percent of his HP then dies to your ult after he runs.
Ghost: Sometimes you'll need to run from a four man gank or beat down a hero who runs faster than you. Ghost makes that possible.
Ignite: As if getting a 4 skill skill burst wasn't bad enough, getting lit on fire will make them hate life.
Clarity: Lol, Jk.
Rally: I haven't tried it yet, but given the fact that most of my fights have included me standing still as I beat the piss out of three heroes I'd recommend it. Tell me how it works, mmkay?
Heal: I actually hate potions, clarity, and heal on any champion. To me they're noob things meant for people who can't dodge their opponents well enough to not take damage. Still, it'll really help early game.

Don't use these abilities:
Clarity: If I have to explain this one I swear to God....
Fortify: You farm minions well enough without it, and defending towers isn't really your thing, you use your mace to break them. Getting fortify with Morde is like a nazi eating unleveaned bread. There's just something horribly wrong with it.
Flash: Flash is the noob's ghost. Maybe 8 patches ago i could understand you using it, but these days its about as useful as an AP taric (or any Taric for that matter).
Promote: Oh wait, they took that skill out.

Runes:
About two months ago I gave myself a full 20% crit chance page in hopes that the appeal of a 500 damage critical stacked with a 250 damage gold stun would catch on and cause people to abandon the concept of an AP card master, I was horribly wrong, but its still a cool rune page. Honestly, we're making a DPS life steal tank. Your runes will flow around dealing tons of damage or having tons of health. Health page and health regen will work well early game, crit chance will work well the entire game (especially when your attack speed is 1.7... trust me).

So umm, why DPS life-steal Tank of ultimate doom?
1: Because I HATE to see a perfectly good champion go AP. Once again: Giant mace of ultimate destiny and desecration.
2: Your mere presence will teriffying even the bravest heroes. Have you seen his skins? You put that red/black skin on Mordekaiser and no one will want to fight you early game. You are terrifying. You laugh in the face of the MFing Cho'gath (even though the MFing cho'gath is awesome), you play golf with any tiny DPS character who tries to scratch your armor, you munch on that shaco who tries to decieve you. You DO NOT walk around with a ****ing wand!
3: Your farm will get you the gold you need to buy half of Europe. No.... seriously. Play Mordekaiser in a practice game and don't even buy items. Watch in amusement as your skills will destroy even a 40 minion minion wave without any boosts. Its no secret damage based items are more expensive than the pope's wardrobe, but Mordekaiser makes those items possible.

Skills Skills Skills, sooo many good Skills
MordeKaiser is one of the few heroes who I can honestly say has NO useless skills. Even though Creeping death kinda sucks, it still serves it purpose (Watch what happens when you pop it a second before warwick ults you). These are the skills you will buy:
Mace of Spades
Siphon of Destruction
MoS
SoD
MoS
Children of the Grave
MoS
SoD
MoS
SoD
CotG
SoD
Creeping Death
CD
CD
CotG
CD
CD
CD, even though it is awesome is last simply because it won't farm like the other skills. Sure its funny to put it on a minion and watch him shred through a group of other minions, but so is an AP teemo, and they are both equally useless.

Which Lane Should I Take?

About a month ago I said: Holy red monkey ass, I don't think any champion will be as terrifying as Cho'gath in middle. Well, I take those words back. Your sheer ability to farm and push a lane will make you great against one hero. To top it off your shield guarantees no Ashe will be able to put substantial enough damage on you to get you to leave your lane until mid game starts (at which point you'll have accumulated somewhere around 2.2k gold.... easily). Sure bottom or top might be nice but MORDEKAISER HAS NO SLOWS/STUNS/BLINDS/ETC.... No seriously, the side lanes are great for double stuns to farm hero kills. Middle lane is where you go to push and bring down a tower first, which is WHAT HE DOES!

So What am I doing mid Game?
You are farming, farming and doing more farming. You will kill any hero who gets in your lane and move to profitable areas to farm (even if that means stealing golem buff from ryze). You will be eating gold and spending it, because come middle game you will be unstoppable.

Late game: Uber 1337 R4p3 t1m3.
Time to kill. Go push a lane by yourself and have three heroes futily try and scratch your armor. Laugh so hard it hurts as Annie and her bear tibbers feed your soul army, Headbutt Alistar until his head is sore and he surrenders, shove an AP morde's wand straight up his pooper and send him back to Zilean (of which you killed, then used his ghost to kill him again after he blew his ult). You are unstoppable. You may do it slowly, but ultimately you will lead your team to victory.

Extra pointers:

Oh Snap, we're losing:

Mordekaiser shines whether he is underleveled x10 or if his team is winning. If you're losing and you're underleveled make sure your team knows you will be the carry and wait until a creep wave is coming for you. Even if its being backed by a hero, blast the creep wave until its dead and run back to base. You can farm creeps and you will. You will score more gold farming creeps than Yi does killing heroes.

I wanna be an Assassin
Mordekaiser is not an assassin, if you have any illusions about two tons of armor being fast enough or having enough slow/stun skills to assassinate someone you are an idiot, go back to playing Nunu or something (he'll have the slows for you to turn him into an assassin). You will be initiating and even if you win its probable that your K/D ratio won't be the best in the game. Your job is to constantly push. You may not kill that Ashe who thought a DPS hero could beat you, but when she runs you'll still take her tower. By the time you're in their base they won't be able to stop you anyway, especially if you have a team-mate or two with you.

Rectal Necrosis

02-28-2010

Updated with miscellaneous ****, more misc **** later. but the guide is completed as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have anything against AP characters, moreso when you take someone with a .2 AP stack and try to make them AP *coughmundocough*.

KhaoticImp

02-28-2010

Over all a solid guide. I agree with you on the skill order, it depends on the enemy comp if I pick up creeping death earlier or not, but for the most part even though its a nice skill MoS and Siphon are better.

pubstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2010

I've been building Dorans Shield=>Boots=>Starks=>Upgrade Boots=>Black Cleaver and then Trinity if the game is still going. It works wonders for me...

Shatterlight

02-28-2010

I have fought against two Mordekaisers so far. The first, my team fed like hell and he raped us. The second, I was put in midlane against as Fiddlesticks. My Dark Wind, quite possibly the most powerful level 1 nuke...didn't even touch his health. His magic shield was completely insane. He tore down my creep waves in seconds and didn't take any damage doing it. When my Drain was up to a respectable level, I brought him down to 80 HP...but when he came back using Teleport, he took the lane back over again and had items this time. Untouchable once again.

So before I go buy this insanely crazy OP champion - how the hell do you COUNTER him? He seems to do mad magic AND physical damage. He soloed half my team, and only died when I Crowstorm + Terrify + had entire team focusfiring him, and STILL killed at least one of us. Not to mention what he did to towers. So, how the hell do you fight him? What do I need to look out for playing as him?

KhaoticImp

03-01-2010

The very moment you see him in your lane harass him. He uses health for all his spells and having the shield up is his only saving grace early. Get in some auto attacks and really crack down on his shield to keep it low. Between him spamming his spells and your harassment you can force him to blue pill back early. The mistake a lot of people make against me while playing him is they run and tower hug while I tank their next wave of minions just outside their towers range.

Rectal Necrosis

03-01-2010

Actually, you need a mage AND a DPS character to truly solo him. He's like any tank, ignore him and tear his team-mates to itty bitty pieaces. Only problem is, with my DPS build he can keep you from killing him. In all honesty the best thing against him is A LOT of range.

EpicTurtles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post
I have fought against two Mordekaisers so far. The first, my team fed like hell and he raped us. The second, I was put in midlane against as Fiddlesticks. My Dark Wind, quite possibly the most powerful level 1 nuke...didn't even touch his health. His magic shield was completely insane. He tore down my creep waves in seconds and didn't take any damage doing it. When my Drain was up to a respectable level, I brought him down to 80 HP...but when he came back using Teleport, he took the lane back over again and had items this time. Untouchable once again.

So before I go buy this insanely crazy OP champion - how the hell do you COUNTER him? He seems to do mad magic AND physical damage. He soloed half my team, and only died when I Crowstorm + Terrify + had entire team focusfiring him, and STILL killed at least one of us. Not to mention what he did to towers. So, how the hell do you fight him? What do I need to look out for playing as him?
Hey I remember that fight, was awesome. You can't counter me without your whole team once i get trinity force, sorry.

Handbananna

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post

He is not even remotely close to be "omg crazy op", basically mord is the easiest champion in the entire game to run away from because aside from summoner spells and a frost hammer (which requires melee range) he has no way to catch ANYONE, and no way to RUN from anyone. He can farm creeps and push lanes great, but he's very easy to gank especially without enemy creeps nearby for him to fuel his shield up to full with (unless you fed him hero kills and let him get a bunch of crazy super high attack damage to make mace of spades refill it quicker).

Seriously why is it that every god**** idiot in EVERY game out there nowadays screams "OMG OP" whenever anything new appears that they don't know how to deal with right away. It's these dumbass reactions that have been the cause for more negative changes in not just LoL but many other games now for a long time, and all we can hope for is the dev teams aren't stupid enough to make knee jerk changes in reaction to the cries (although some are very stupid).

Jeffa

03-01-2010

the question I have is about the health regen. You say you hate potions and heal on a character and you go for your boots first. Isn't there an exception with morde because even if you dodge everything they throw at you you're still losing life using your abilities