Janna + Sona extreme lane push

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gnathat

04-18-2011

Recently, I've been playing with a couple of friends who have (in an attempt to troll) stumbled upon possibly the best lane pushing combination in the game. This combination is, of course, Janna and Sona. They regularly draw first blood and/or keep their opposing champs in the lane so low in health that they can't even defend the tower against the ruthless poking, and on average the first tower goes down in about 6 minutes, and unless serious steps are taken, the second falls in short order. Furthermore, once the game transitions to teamfighting, having both of them on a team allows us to kite the other team entirely at our will. If they charge us, Sona ults. If **** gets scary, Janna ults. Constant heals, movespeed buffs, etc. etc. Has anyone else experienced (for or against) this combo in a game? And if so, did you feel it was as dominating as I described?

Leonixxiii

04-18-2011

Soraka + Kass will mess them up... Double silence, and good damage, they will be hard pressed to keep up heals when they cant cast... also Ive used Leblanc to zip in there and destroy one pretty easily.

Prometheius

04-18-2011

Really? You mean an easily evaded skill shot and a skill that does low damage is taking out people in laning? Must be fighting idiots.

In team fights, that combo's strong as long as the enemy doesn't get QSS or focus Sona first.

Calamity Gundam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

Seems that a number of characters have awesome lane presence when combined. Probably the main thing that determines victories. Sadly in unranked you never know who you are going to be up against :/

Gnathat

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
Really? You mean an easily evaded skill shot and a skill that does low damage is taking out people in laning? Must be fighting idiots.

In team fights, that combo's strong as long as the enemy doesn't get QSS or focus Sona first.

It's not about individual spells, it's about the combination of several high-utility support abilities and the proper utilization of them.

ExiledTyrant

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnathat View Post
Recently, I've been playing with a couple of friends who have (in an attempt to troll) stumbled upon possibly the best lane pushing combination in the game. This combination is, of course, Janna and Sona. They regularly draw first blood and/or keep their opposing champs in the lane so low in health that they can't even defend the tower against the ruthless poking, and on average the first tower goes down in about 6 minutes, and unless serious steps are taken, the second falls in short order. Furthermore, once the game transitions to teamfighting, having both of them on a team allows us to kite the other team entirely at our will. If they charge us, Sona ults. If **** gets scary, Janna ults. Constant heals, movespeed buffs, etc. etc. Has anyone else experienced (for or against) this combo in a game? And if so, did you feel it was as dominating as I described?
Ah yes (Jana + Sona) ruthless poking I approve OP I approve

Axis the Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

You've never seen a pre-nerf Sion + Taric lane, have you?

Prometheius

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnathat View Post
It's not about individual spells, it's about the combination of several high-utility support abilities and the proper utilization of them.
You mean what every combo has if they properly picked?

Xin + Taric vs your combo. Dodge tornado then wait for sona to harass. Stun _> Knock-up -> Severe damage.

Sona now can't harass unless she wants to get owned.

Our Hero Niko

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post

250 is low damage?

LR Vago

04-18-2011

come on, best laning i have saw its just a combo of teemo rammus
simply your rammus drag back a meaningless meele champ (AKA: yi) and teemo shots 3 or 4 darts the poision do the rest