(Champion idea) The puppet Master

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demando

04-18-2011

first off. my english sucks a bit so excuse all my grammical & spelling mistakes.
Ok so im a naruto fan and for all of you who watch it you seen kinkuro (Gaara's brother) ability to control his puppet. so i was thinking how it would be cool if there was a champion that does that. There are 3 Champs that have this ability (Mord, Annie & Malz) but i was thnking of an ability (ult) that will control an enemy champion for a few seconds so once the ult is cast on him he will show as if he was in our team and in few secs (if he was not killed by his own team) he will be changed back to his own self and can control himself again. as for the other abilities (Q, W, E, And the passive) i have not put in much thought in that and i wanna hear what you guys think about it and what can his other abilities be?
once again, sorry for my bad english :s xD

KamaitachiTrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Huntsman

04-18-2011

I believe what you're saying is your champion uses his ultimate, leaps into an opposing champions body and wears its flesh and can use its abilities... and on top of that, the champion essentially switches sides temporarily while you inhabit his body, correct?

If that's the case, its interesting, but it seems a little bit too powerful. Your team gains whatever opposing hero you possessed, which means you just immediately (temporarily) made the fight a 5 vs 4 with your opponents having the 4. This is almost like having an ally out of the game from a leave, but worse.

The reason it is so overpowered is you can choose anyone, including if the opponents have a very fed member, or only one well-built tank, or an annoying healer, you can effectively make the game 5 v 4 temporarily, and shut out one of their star players. It seems like Mordekaiser's ultimate already does something somewhat similar but to a less overpowered degree.

Demando

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerewolfTrey View Post
I believe what you're saying is your champion uses his ultimate, leaps into an opposing champions body and wears its flesh and can use its abilities... and on top of that, the champion essentially switches sides temporarily while you inhabit his body, correct?

If that's the case, its interesting, but it seems a little bit too powerful. Your team gains whatever opposing hero you possessed, which means you just immediately (temporarily) made the fight a 5 vs 4 with your opponents having the 4. This is almost like having an ally out of the game from a leave, but worse.

The reason it is so overpowered is you can choose anyone, including if the opponents have a very fed member, or only one well-built tank, or an annoying healer, you can effectively make the game 5 v 4 temporarily, and shut out one of their star players. It seems like Mordekaiser's ultimate already does something somewhat similar but to a less overpowered degree.
you explained it well, it does sound a bit OP but if it was just for a few sec's it won't be that powerfull (lets say like 5 secs pr something)

KamaitachiTrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Huntsman

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demando View Post
you explained it well, it does sound a bit OP but if it was just for a few sec's it won't be that powerfull (lets say like 5 secs pr something)
Even if it was a matter of 3 seconds (Which is hardly time to do anything) any and all AoE's that champions allies were casting are now buffeting him painfully (which may be fine for when the effect ends) but you still turned it into a 4 v 5 with one simple spell, and being able to choose any foe (including their strongest most fed members) means that it can easily devastate a team by taking away their most valuable members. Not to mention you can use a long cool-down ultimate on his own allies, crippling his champion and also crippling the former allies he uses it on.

Why don't you just make an ability that allows a champion to be effected by his teammates attacks for a limited time? It wouldn't be puppet-master, but it'd give benefits of any AoE teams shutting down their allies, any stray shots hurting their allies, and so on.

Or, if you're set on this mind control idea, why not temporarily make them like a pet, instead of taking them over, and give it a channel time? That way, if you control a foe, they can stun you and free their ally, and still give you a few seconds to attack his friends and take hits from his former allies (temporarily).

P.S. I'm not saying its a horrible idea, it would just be hard to implement into the real game if it ever were, it instantly, even temporarily, turns a game into a 4 v 5 the way you have it now, and a 4 v 5 (especially when you're taking over one of their strongest members) can immediately cripple a team.

-Trey

Demando

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerewolfTrey View Post
Even if it was a matter of 3 seconds (Which is hardly time to do anything) any and all AoE's that champions allies were casting are now buffeting him painfully (which may be fine for when the effect ends) but you still turned it into a 4 v 5 with one simple spell, and being able to choose any foe (including their strongest most fed members) means that it can easily devastate a team by taking away their most valuable members. Not to mention you can use a long cool-down ultimate on his own allies, crippling his champion and also crippling the former allies he uses it on.

Why don't you just make an ability that allows a champion to be effected by his teammates attacks for a limited time? It wouldn't be puppet-master, but it'd give benefits of any AoE teams shutting down their allies, any stray shots hurting their allies, and so on.

Or, if you're set on this mind control idea, why not temporarily make them like a pet, instead of taking them over, and give it a channel time? That way, if you control a foe, they can stun you and free their ally, and still give you a few seconds to attack his friends and take hits from his former allies (temporarily).

P.S. I'm not saying its a horrible idea, it would just be hard to implement into the real game if it ever were, it instantly, even temporarily, turns a game into a 4 v 5 the way you have it now, and a 4 v 5 (especially when you're taking over one of their strongest members) can immediately cripple a team.

-Trey
i see what your saying and now that i think of it, this might be the most OP ult in team fights. and i like the idea of controling a champ while the user is chaneling and if he was killed or stunned the champion he is controlling will be freed. and while chaneling the user can not move or use any other ability and mana will be drained every second and once hes out of mana the champion will automaticly be freed and the chaneling will end and ult will be on CD.