Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters 520 .

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venomesque

05-16-2011

Quote:
Bane Wraith:
I'd love to Bump this and keep it in the spotlight.. and maybe suggest that the original post may be edited as well, with a reflected-upon Example of the exact that this would be implemented, and the ratios at which certain items would sell.

Riot has countless ways that it could make some money off LoL; Lottery features, by example, or a "skin chest" that has a supremely low chance of granting a skin that not even normal RP can buy... Or maybe they could follow along with the "narcissism pays" trend, and sell new skins for the PvP.net client itself... Hell, with the exception of Boosts, almost everything RP can buy (that IP can't ) is either narcissism or collection based. And I love that; Keeping the game clean and even.

For this reason, however I personally feel the "selling" system should be restricted to IP-bought runes, champions, etc. Else, things like Champion bundles would cease to exist, and Riot may truly feel pressured into throwing anything they can at us, to earn a buck in a way that'll keep their customers from simply Exchanging for something else, instead of Purchasing more. I don't want to see the main page plagued with more "New Sales!" than it already is.

Anyways, bumped.

The original post has already been edited and considering the progression of this discussion on this idea, it could be edited again. And I think I agree that Riot does have ways to bring in money, and this one idea is not going to make or break Riot's profit. If they do manage to put this idea in the store and put in the IP-back, Riot can still find other ways to make their profit go up.

Venomesque

05-17-2011

We still need more input and fresh ideas, that or a lot more people taking the poll.

One question though, would people be willing to accept the possibility of not getting IP back for "selling" a champion?

Beatus

05-18-2011

Quote:
Venomesque:
We still need more input and fresh ideas, that or a lot more people taking the poll.

One question though, would people be willing to accept the possibility of not getting IP back for "selling" a champion?

What would be the point of "selling" a champ, if not to get the IP?

Venomesque

05-19-2011

The point is simple. You either get a little IP back or you don't. The term 'sell' is much softer than 'delete' even if you don't get anything back.

Bane Wraith

05-20-2011

Don't think that'd be Too bad really, but in all earnest, it's still a good Motivation to get some IP back from those champions you mistakingly purchased (with IP...). Lower level players won't see much use, but mid-level will have the opportunity to invest in the Higher costing champs whilst still exploring the cheaper, and high level players could always use the little investment towards that next 10k IP runepage..

Also, I'm shamelessly bumping this.

Venomesque

05-20-2011

Anyone (or everyone) could run into this problem. Even if you're a lower level, you still have the ability to get some of the cheaper champions to start you off on. With that it's 50/50, you either like them or you don't. And by cheaper I mean 450, 1350 costing champs. Even when you're at a lower level, you're still exposed to the problem of having to deal with champions you do or don't like, ultimately much lower levels benefit more from the weekly rotation, but that doesn't mean they'll try out every champion in Lol before they get to the point where they're already starting to earn IP and using it on champions they like or don't like.

Venomesque

05-22-2011

Wow I've been slipping, second page. XD
We need to get some input on this. I mean it's awesome that we can talk this out, find the problems and work them out, but it's going to take a little more than this.

Bane Wraith

05-22-2011

I've got a question for you:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=766265 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=766265)

I tried to invent a thread like That, so that threads like This Don't get too buried, and can be reviewed by newcomers that get a similar idea but don't know if it exists as a thread yet...

...*breathe*

Not a single person has commented so far...... are Stickies really that unwanted, in these forums?

Venomesque

05-23-2011

That's pretty cool, because when people look at it they see all the other pages that are decent and good ideas. But in terms of why anyone has comment besides the one other guy, I couldn't tell you. Maybe because you've already covered some of the basic idea threads that maybe not a lot have other ideas. OR, it's more of a list thread that doesn't provoke thought, only other suggestions not currently listed. Threads that provoke thought, provide some insight will usually have some feedback going, but unfortunately even some really really good threads out there don't get the attention they deserve.

Screaming Tower

05-23-2011

For the failed Anivia user.. who bought it because " AN ICE FENIX.. HOW COOL IS THAT???" and had 0 skill with it..

Ladies and gents.. that's me.. xD