Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Haha, it appears I'm not the only one with that problem. Great minds think alike.

The only problem with the idea is that even if we get IP back, and we may not even get anything back, it may just start off as simply saying, 'sell your champs here' and it's more like giving them away rather than actually 'selling', the IP we'd be getting back is mini-mini.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-30-2011

Lore-wise: As a summoner i think you make a pact with people and creatures that join the League of Legends, now as a summoner, you control them as champions and fight on the fields of justice, i think it seems very reasonable to switch champions and enter a pact with another, and since you can use only 1 champion per session, it would be like saying you have 1 champion to summoner pact only. So if that contract were to be broken and renewed with another, it would be equivalent to selling a champion in the store and buying a new one to play with.

That's how i viewed this thread once i read it... lol.

Does anyone else agree?

And if you don't get it, it simply means that i am for "being able to sell Champions in the store".

Venomesque

04-30-2011

Hahaha, lore wise. I never thought of it that way.

Very intriguing point of view. I like it.

Venomesque

05-01-2011

I can only do so much. I can put a poll up, I can keep this thread going, I can only debate, discuss, agree, and disagree on this matter. But I can't make it happen. Normally, someone who hasn't received any input from Riot for this long, while the thread is continuously going, they'd probably think to themselves, 'Is this honestly a waste of time?' The longer this thread remains, the more people who put in their vote in the poll, and discuss their thoughts, it just shows what people think about the matter. And quite honestly, though more people view than vote and say anything, the percentage of people who are pro-sell is quite overwhelming. Imagine if the number of people who viewed all voted too. Imagine the numbers then.

Bandannafied

05-02-2011

I'm for selling champs back.I mean, who here does not have at least ONE purchase regret?
Everyone here has bought a champ that they though would be awesome, probably played about 15 games with... then dumped.
What a waste!
I mean it's such a waste of time if that happens 3150 ip takes a good chunk of time to acquire, and if you waste it, you might as well have just been watching lawlcats on youtube instead of playing LoL.

Venomesque

05-02-2011

I'm sure a great majority of players has at least one they regret. I know I do, I have a handful and I never use them. So to me it's like, 'what's the point in keeping them or even having them in my large pile of champions?' They just stare at me. I don't like them staring back at me. I don't want them anymore.

ElBoob

05-03-2011

Only champ I would REALLY want to sell back is Karma. I read her abilities and found that overall her kit is just way to clunky for my taste.

Highlord Jeebus

05-03-2011

I think one of the big reasons they'd probably avoid the issue or would hesitate to have it instituted is that when refunding a hero purchased with RP, it turns into a complicated solution.

You could give back RP to purchase elsewhere, really losing them little and keeping your business (I'm guessing if you like the game and got RP once, there's a good chance of getting more), or by giving you IP, which would actually be putting a monetary value on them (seeing as how you can buy champs with RP, sell them for IP then buy runes, or whatever). I guess the other problem as well could be coding, determining if your champion was bought with RP, IP, or as part of a bundle, and how all of this extra data would be stored for every champion for thousands (or millions?) of players.

I'm not trying to nay say exactly, just throwing other things into the mix to see what people think. I personally support this idea because I have a lot of champions whom I wouldn't mind trading for some others to keep things fresh.

Venomesque

05-03-2011

Yes I agree the coding would be relatively a challenging task to tackle because you have to take into account just everything, as you mentioned, the bundles, how it was bought and how RP would convert into IP, how much IP in terms of percentage they'd actually be willing to give back to us

DirtyxSecret

05-04-2011

i can say that though im too low of level for this to really affect me directly maybe if i play the game a lot longer and purchase champs that i think are cool i know ill probably run into a point where ill think that champ is s***ty and wished i never bought it instead bought something else