Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

There is a difference between arguing and debating. My mindset was more on debate.

Maybe Riot will get the same RP bought, maybe not. Considering how much champions cost (6300, 4800, 3150, etc), you'd have to sell a lot of champions just to get one new champion, if that. Like I said, the less IP we get back, the more it does force us and maintain that force to buy RP for multiple things. If I seriously have to compromise and sell a champion only to get 1 thing of IP back, fine. Whatever. I can deal with that.

I'm also not saying that through the change of adopting this new idea will not change the profit of Riot. It may go down by a small fraction, it may surprisingly go up. But it would be foolish to say that the rate of profit for Riot will remain constant.

Villiroth

04-26-2011

Arguing, debating, its semantics. Riot would lose a good chunk of RP purchases if this went in.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

It really depends on how they themselves would go about it.

NightmareAllure

04-27-2011

i think its a pretty good idea but i can see how it can be a problem too
idk i hope it goes through but i wont be hurt if it didnt
ill be cheerin for ya!

Venomesque

04-27-2011

Thanks NightmareAllure, but it's a long shot. Just a matter of getting the word out, ideas and solutions discussed, and following through.

Villiroth

04-28-2011

The hard part about this idea is finding a nice middle ground between making it viable to sell you champs/skins/runes and Riot not losing money on RP. Any solution that makes selling viable will noticeably affect Riots RP sells and any solution that keeps Riots RP sales anywhere near the current will make selling not viable.

So you either cost the company that provides this game a lot of money or you sell off champs/skins/runes for so little that its a ridiculous idea.

Venomesque

04-28-2011

To be quite honest, since it's an absolutely new concept in terms of L o L game play, one that could be modified in the future, for starters I'm willing to go for the option that we get back so little that it's ridiculous. Foolish, possibly. And that just very well may be the middle ground. If so, then alright.

WitchunterZ

04-28-2011

I voted yes. Just have useless champs which i want my ip back from

Venomesque

04-28-2011

Thank you, it is much appreciated. : )

AndersonConagher

Recruiter

04-28-2011

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I have like 5 tanks. Then I realized I can't get a single kill with tanks.

Now I'm stuck with tanks everywhere.

let me sell these tanks agdnasgsaga

Just today I came up with this idea because I bought Twisted Fate and turned out to fail with him. I was like 'Why can't we sell champions? I'd like to get some IP back for this champion I dislike.'

Benefits:
More leeway for trying things out
Don't need to constantly play games to get a champion you might despise.

Cons:
Nostalgia
IP only.

Worth it to me.