Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

It's a free game, but there's also a L o L game you can buy that has more extra features than the free game. I don't think they're so money thirsty that their boobs itch, but like all companies, they don't like losing money. No company does, so I'd agree that is the way things are. However, in order to make customers happy, both parties make compromises that benefit both sides.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

Also there was an idea I came across to allow Riot change up bot skins in bot matches whether they be custom or co-op vs bot. This would help give players the chance to see what different skins look like in action. The only downfall to that is that I see the same bots for ages. How does this tie to my idea? If Riot does the skin change up for bot matches, players will be more compelled to buy their skins for the champions. And possibly a champion they may or may not have, sell what champions they don't want to get what little fraction of IP Riot allows us, to put forth on a champion someone may not have to buy the skin they saw in a bot match.

Though this was said way in the beginning, this idea benefits more on people who do all random. Though that seems like a stretch, they do exist.

Taligo

04-26-2011

This really needs some feedback from the staff at riot. I totally support the idea of selling back skins,runes,and/or champions back to the store for RP/IP. I'm sure there are many players who have spent as much $$$ as me (over $200) and would like to get rid of some skins to get the newer exciting skins.

Villiroth

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomesque View Post
It's a free game, but there's also a L o L game you can buy that has more extra features than the free game.
What?

Venomesque

04-26-2011

I know right Taligo? However I think the idea is a little intimidating because depending on how it can be taken, it can have some affect on them financially, but that's not what I'm going for. I'm going for that ONE option that benefits everyone. As I've said many a time.

You didn't know Villiroth? Riot has a Collector's Edition for PC (obviously), that is basically the paid version of L o L that offers extra features, like having 20 champions on rotation instead of 10. I don't know if they're still doing it since everyone uses the free downloadable version. But here's a link:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...or%27s_Edition

Villiroth

04-26-2011

Thats hardly "more features" and where did you get the info about 20 free champs on rotation instead of 10? Its comes with 20 champs yes.

And its not a "paid version" all it is is 20 champs and a couple runes and some RP. They arent getting anything special.

Venomesque

04-26-2011

Eh, maybe I read something wrong. I could have sworn I read it somewhere in that site.

But yes, ultimately it's a paid version that is very similar to purchasing a bundle, the only special thing you get out of the Collector's Edition is you are awarded $10 of RP and you get extra Tier 3 runes even if you are not lvl 20+. Not too special. But to say L o L is completely free, is just a couple degrees off from the absolute truth, since there are many different ways they build profit.

Villiroth

04-26-2011

It is completely free. You arent required to spend a dime of real life money to play this game, hence free.

The only "content" you need to spend real cash on to unlock is skins and you dont need those to enjoy this FREE game. Its not like many other "free" games where you HAVE to spend money to unlock areas of the world map or have access to certain gear and skills.

Venomesque

04-26-2011

I'm not arguing the fact that if one chooses to not spend any money on it whatsoever then it's not free, because it is. But that's not the point I'm trying to make. This isn't a debate on whether or not the game is free or not. The matter is, Riot makes profit, because a large majority of players that play put their money into different things. If this is true, then allowing us to sell champions for a small fraction of IP back shouldn't hurt their financial standings.

Villiroth

04-26-2011

It would because then fewer people would have to spend less RP to get a the new champ on release day.

Im done trying to argue this, you seem to think that the same amount of RP will get bought regardless which is a horribly flawed idea.