Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GiggleDemadon

04-19-2011

It could be very nice to sell old champs for some IP back. I think many players would sell old champs to build up IP for newer ones, which could help keep people circulating in the game, because they will be getting rid of champions that they may want in the future, so they are able to work towards getting that champion again. It could also be encouraging for people that are repelled by the thought that their only way of getting IP for the latest champs is to play a lot of matches so they just give up and don't feel like playing, but if they can sell some old champs to help that difference, they may be more persuaded to play the matches left that they need.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2011

A good point, and it is true you basically earn IP by playing matches. Sure you can get a boost, but ultimately, that's how you earn IP.

I stopped playing L o L for months because I eventually got bored with doing matches with people that don't have anything constructive to say, they always tear you down to boost their own ego. So by adding another way to gain back IP, it would allow people to use the IP for the future champions. And we all know how everyone is when a new champ comes to L o L, everyone gets excited, everyone wants the champ. If we are allowed to sell our unused champs, more people are willing to get newer champs to try out. And if summoners really like their new champs, it raises the likelihood of people buying skins.

A very good point indeed.

Villiroth

04-19-2011

Cant say I like this idea, what are you going to do when you decide to switch up your play style? or your 'fave 5' get nerfed into the ground?

Free week is there for a reason, so you can try out champs before you buy them. If you bought them, then good you have them forever now.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2011

Again, I understand the free week rotation. I know why it's there. But there are numerous reasons why people have extra champions. Like my bundle for an example, I wasn't going to complain since it wasn't my money, but I never use them and could use the extra IP I'd get back to put towards a champion I would want, and if it was put on the rotation, then I try them out.

Let it be known that I myself do actually use the champion rotation. I do, and it helps me out to determine okay, is this champion right for me, and I still find I have champions I never ever use. But like you mentioned, people may switch their play style, so the champions they had before may not be right for them anymore.

Venomesque

04-20-2011

Honestly the way I feel about it, it's one of those ideas that even if it did go through, which would be nice, and people don't agree with it, then it shouldn't affect how you personally play the game.

Whether you use that option or not, is fine by me. Regardless. But it would greatly benefit people like me, who need more IP and have too many unused champions.

Villiroth

04-20-2011

No it wouldnt affect the game directly, but instead of me(just an example) buying RP to get that new champ I could just sell off a couple of the ones I've deemed useless to my play style.

Less money for Riot = less money to go to servers = more qq threads from some of the very people that support this idea.

Hey Aqualung

04-20-2011

heres how they can do it

-champs bought with IP can resell for around 1/3rd the amount spent. 1350 would net you 450, 6300 would net you around 2100 ip
-champs bought with RP can resell for around 1/3rd the amount spent, with a cap at 325 per champion.
-no refunds on skins
-no refunds on champions from the champion or digital bundles

so basically you can trade in 3 old for 1 new

Venomesque

04-20-2011

That's pretty much about what I had blue printed in my head, to just have a champion going for 'retail' IP price of 1350, 6300, whatever the case and get less than half to 1/3 back. Though with RP, they may not go for it, so instead even if a champion is bought from RP, whatever that champion costs with IP, you get 1/3 of IP back.

I was pushing my limits with skin, since I know very well it'll never happen, but I can dream.

The only thing that would be nice if the idea goes through, is to simply make it straight and easy, to sell a champion individually rather than make a bunch of rules of all these. So say you did get a bundle, you have all these champions. You don't use say a third of them, or half, to make this idea just be easy to understand and do, is to sell a champion individually whether they were bought individually or not.

It's an idea where economically and maybe mathematically it can have some complexities, but it being such a new idea, to make all these rules from the start might make the whole idea complicated to tackle.

Venomesque

04-21-2011

Also Villiroth, maybe there are ways that may or may not have Riot get as much money. But the idea itself doesn't affect how we use our money for RP. People buy RP for skins, boosts, and the like. Maybe by taking out the factor of buying RP for a champion will have affect, but say if we have the sell option, and we get back 1/3, we use the IP not just for champions. There are other things that require IP, like Tier 3 runes. So the IP we get back will allow us not only to help us for new champions, but also put forth into runes and hopefully make us better players, or at least work towards to become better players.

But that is why we need to discuss this idea in ways that will benefit not only Riot, but the people who play the game.

Villiroth

04-21-2011

I understand why you want it, but anyway you can get a "refund" on a champ you dont like or dont play anymore hurts Riot.

Dispite the reduced IP gains its still pretty easy to farm up a rune page too.

12345612 ... 19