Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhilSushi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but selling champs for IP would allow people to buy runes with real money, and there's a reason you can't get runes with RP >_>

Devare

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSushi View Post
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but selling champs for IP would allow people to buy runes with real money, and there's a reason you can't get runes with RP >_>
How does selling a champ for IP equate to buying runes with USD??? As for the reason you can't get runes with RP atm, I think it's just the fact that they don't know how or don't have the resources.... (we'll go with the 2nd thought as that seems to be the usual answer.) They could easily make 10 runes cost 100-200 rp...

Elias Songstorm

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTarutaru View Post
As a side note I'd love the ability to pay IP/RP to rent skins / champs from the store for X amount of time or games.
Perhaps a function in the tutorial section before gameplay is to test all champions. It enters you into a solo custom game against tutorial level bots where you can test any champion. That way, you don't get the joy of playing with or against people, it's just crummy bots, but you still get an idea of what that champion is like. You can even have the beginner tutorial going the whole time to discourage people from playing it too often.

I think the problem with having a storage function is it doesn't fix the problem of buying a champion you think will be cool and then not fitting to their play style. For example, I have a friend who bought Ryze as his first champion, but didn't do so well, and he had to keep playing with Ryze (or a free champ that changed every week) until he had 6300 IP to buy Corki. That's a long time to own someone you never play because you're not very good with them.

Sailor Twift

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloth View Post
How does selling a champ for IP equate to buying runes with USD??? As for the reason you can't get runes with RP atm, I think it's just the fact that they don't know how or don't have the resources.... (we'll go with the 2nd thought as that seems to be the usual answer.) They could easily make 10 runes cost 100-200 rp...
god i just dont know where to start with this

maybe this is fitting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2011

The only problem I see with the free week champion rotation is that you never know which champions will be chosen, it's also partially randomized - some champions are random, but the other champions are chosen based on percentage of something or popularity, something along those lines. So it could take what, maybe a month before you actually see the champion you want? Who knows maybe you're lucky and you see it the next week. People are impatient, that's the reality of it. People want that instant gratification, and people want things now, want things happening now. Wait approximately a month to try ONE champion at least? Though the fact that there is a free week champion rotation is a popular argument, it's actually not as strong as one may think considering the variables that are put into the free week champion rotation.

Villiroth

08-01-2011

Either way, wait for free week or blow your FREE ingame currency on the champ you want like I do. Then if you dont like him/her/it just bench them and play them in co-op or something for shiggles.

I mean, do you really plan on playing this game and only buying a couple champs? Why not just buy the champ if your too impatient to wait and add it to your roster?

I find it rather refreshing to take a break from normals and ranked with my usual 2 or 3 champs and playing ARAM's or co-op and picking from one of the 50 others I dont play regularly. Seems like it would REALLY boring if you just bought your couple regular champs and that was it.

I dont know, maybe I was just brain washed by the old school pokemon cartoons and have contracted a "gotta catch 'em all" mentality.

Venomesque

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiroth View Post
Either way, wait for free week or blow your FREE ingame currency on the champ you want like I do. Then if you dont like him/her/it just bench them and play them in co-op or something for shiggles.

I mean, do you really plan on playing this game and only buying a couple champs? Why not just buy the champ if your too impatient to wait and add it to your roster?

I find it rather refreshing to take a break from normals and ranked with my usual 2 or 3 champs and playing ARAM's or co-op and picking from one of the 50 others I dont play regularly. Seems like it would REALLY boring if you just bought your couple regular champs and that was it.

I dont know, maybe I was just brain washed by the old school pokemon cartoons and have contracted a "gotta catch 'em all" mentality.
Capitalizing the word 'free' doesn't make this that more revolutionary, it's actually.. quite obvious, we know it's free. Putting the storage idea in doesn't do anything in terms of finances or gameplay, it just clears the clutter for those that hate certain champions; people who just don't care don't have to deal with it (much like those people who tell other people to just deal with it and if someone doesn't like a champion then don't play him/her/it), and it doesn't change Riot's finances at all. There's no selling, no IP issues. I honestly don't see the problem in even that. Every person has different reasons to go for this idea, or want to sell a champion, it doesn't have to be as boring as you're predicting it to be.

Personally, I don't have the 'gotta catch 'em all' mentality. My mentality is why even bother with champions that don't work for you? What good are they sitting there not being used? The storage idea (which I am in favor of) allows players to bring back champions they may want to try out again, should their gameplay style change. Wasn't that a counter-argument to my original idea near the beginning of this forum post? Riot doesn't get the little extra money from people who'd rather just buy champions, but it also doesn't dent it either. It would be as if it was always there.

ultimatesjk

08-02-2011

I don't care about selling champs, but sometimes I get a lot of IP and want to buy a good rune for my book. It replaces a lesser rune, and then I wish I could sell that lesser rune to get some IP back. doesn't have to even be a full refund, just partial!

Venomesque

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatesjk View Post
I don't care about selling champs, but sometimes I get a lot of IP and want to buy a good rune for my book. It replaces a lesser rune, and then I wish I could sell that lesser rune to get some IP back. doesn't have to even be a full refund, just partial!
Then I suggest debating or working on a forum post that focuses on selling runes, since this is about champions. However, if you have an idea that encompasses champions AND runes that is beneficial for everyone, then please by all means, contribute. And yes, that would certainly be ideal because I do also believe we should have a sell option for our runes as well, don't get me wrong.

Not to bash on you personally, (this is actually for everyone) but over the course of this post, there will be a person randomly show up and simply focus on selling runes. That's not the focus of this forum post, there are forums that are actually for that, suggest, and debate that idea. However, this about champions - so let it be about our champions.

Elias Songstorm

08-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyweapon View Post
What if you had a storage section? Maybe a Retire function that could put old runes, champions "in storage," effectively hiding them from view? That way later if you want to play them again, you could effectively bring them out of that storage.
I think the storage function was meant for runes, too.