Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devare

Senior Member

07-30-2011

keep bumping this!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadeeFan

Senior Member

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomesque View Post
I think the League of Legends Store, there should be a sell option for champs.

I have too many champs now that I no longer use, some have skins, some don't. I don't like having all these champs that I no longer use, that I no longer like anymore and don't care for.

The reason why I suggest this is because I've heard just about every counterpoint to this idea. One point that seems to stand out is that people can buy champions just to sell them off for IP. I thought about this and went, "wouldn't that put more money into Riot's pocket?" I can't see how this would put a dent in Riot's profits, if anything, it may even put more in.

  • Champions bought with RP only allow a very small fraction of IP back (If people need more IP, they will buy more things to sell them for IP, which will put more money in Riot's pockets).
  • Champions bought with IP can get the same very small fraction of IP.
  • Deletion for champions is an option instead of getting anything back if Riot feels it would be best. (Instead of selling for any IP at all)
  • Champions with skins and are deleted, will lose the skin too. Skins will have to be re-purchased once erased.

Also, we need more people taking the poll. I can assure you it's all anonymous, but please just take a quick second to share your verdict of this idea.
Itd work better if Champions bought with RP can only be sold back for RP, about 3/4 as much?

Champions bought with IP can only be sold back for IP, about 1/2 as much?

That way you cannot buy power. (In example : I buy some champs with RP, sell them for IP, then buy runes with it without having to do something like win games/play games like a boost makes you do.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rafsta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

07-30-2011

No, its funner "going back to" old champions and trying new things out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morair

Senior Member

07-31-2011

Simply put an 1 week refund option solves this smoothly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drkirby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyweapon View Post
What if you had a storage section? Maybe a Retire function that could put old runes, champions "in storage," effectively hiding them from view? That way later if you want to play them again, you could effectively bring them out of that storage.
I'd take this, especially if I can also put free champs in it. Some people I just really don't want to play.

There would need to be some button to push to make hidden champs show up on champion select though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hey Aqualung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyweapon View Post
What if you had a storage section? Maybe a Retire function that could put old runes, champions "in storage," effectively hiding them from view? That way later if you want to play them again, you could effectively bring them out of that storage.
runes are waaaaaay too expensive. id rather see some of that ip back if im not using them anymore


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spicy McChicken

Senior Member

07-31-2011

This would be useful for Runes, but not really for champions. The idea of removing a champ from your list isnt a good one. It's been thought of and declined because the problem is: Once you have it, what happens when a ****-ton of people DEMAND RP FOR THE CHAMP THEY PURCHASED WITH RP WAAAARBLARGHL. No, that wont be fun.

Tl;dr: Make this option for runes certainly, but champs is a "bleh-ish" idea due to a lot of possible problems and community issues. Also: the argument of "for ARAM/ADAM'ers" is sadly invalid, as thats about 4-5% of the LoL playerbase. :/ sorry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Villiroth

Senior Member

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morair View Post
Simply put an 1 week refund option solves this smoothly.
Or, you could wait for the champ you want free week to come around. I know, amazing isnt it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morair

Senior Member

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiroth View Post
Or, you could wait for the champ you want free week to come around. I know, amazing isnt it?
Or RIOT can actually promote like they did say... oh 9 months ago and put on sale there old champions that hardly get used. I don't know for say... basic economics? You must be new here.

Sorry that came off a bit sardonic. Let me attempt this again constructivly. If RIOT doesn't do something to improve there packages and want people to buy RPs by the truckload again they will loose to the upcoming titles we are well aware of. They need to promote everything. And by everything I mean even the IP/XP boost.

That and get rid of Adobe Air, **** isn't fixed 2 years later? Come on RIOT take the hit and break your contract with Adobe FFS.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=980961


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Villiroth

Senior Member

08-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morair View Post
Or RIOT can actually promote like they did say... oh 9 months ago and put on sale there old champions that hardly get used. I don't know for say... basic economics? You must be new here.

Sorry that came off a bit sardonic. Let me attempt this again constructivly. If RIOT doesn't do something to improve there packages and want people to buy RPs by the truckload again they will loose to the upcoming titles we are well aware of. They need to promote everything. And by everything I mean even the IP/XP boost.

That and get rid of Adobe Air, **** isn't fixed 2 years later? Come on RIOT take the hit and break your contract with Adobe FFS.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=980961
They did lower the price on a couple champs, cant remember which ones off the top of my head and it has been awhile since they've done it. I agree with the need for new packages and possibly even resurrecting older champ/skin packages. It would be hard for Riot to promote the IP/XP boosts too much without falling back on their stance against buying power, in my opinion atleast.

And yes, we're all aware that Air is a terrible platform to run this sort of application on. Its resource heavy, laggy and inefficient.

Either way, what does either of those points have to do with selling champs you bought and found out you didn't like? It doesn't, which means my point of "wait until free week" still stands strong. Thats why they have free week after all, so you can test the champ without wasting your weeks of saved up IP or blowing RL cash on someone that doesnt fit your play style.