Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2011

Hence why there are two options for champions. Of course it allows Riot to choose, because though it would be nice for the skin bought to remain even after a champion is sold or deleted, but it's sort of a 'sub idea'. Why would Riot go through an idea that is completely against their interests? The best way to allow an idea to go through, especially one like this, is to compromise, what is everyone willing to do and not willing to do? How would we go about it? Again, if it's completely against their interests, and we're the only ones who have to gain in this, then it would be absolutely pointless to even push this idea. However, since I am not willing to waste my time on this, especially after the time and effort I have put into this, I am willing to compromise so both parties gain.

I'm an incredibly patient person, and I think someone in Riot is testing my limits.

Pickle in a Bag

06-16-2011

I personally think instead of selling champs they could just make it so that if you do like tutorial, you can select any of the current champs for free (or for a small cost per use for champs not already purchased) that way people can go in and test out champs till they find one or more champs they feel they are good with. and if a small fee is made when you play them each time (like 75-100ip per non owned champ use) then they can't just sit there and play practice till they have the right champ, they would have to go out and play real games or ai games to earn ip to be able to test more champs.

basically:
Practice mode -> fee to test non owned champ.

this way you don't have to buy a champ or wait for a free week to try a champ.

EDIT: or if they wanted to, they could make it so that if you bought a, for example, 1350 champ and didn't like them, you can change it out for another 1350 champ, you lose the first champ you bought but you own the new champ you traded out for. same goes for 450, 3150, 4800, and 6300.

that way you're not stuck with a champ you bought that you didn't like, you can go and try other champs out, but you don't get to change a champ out for less ip

one of the down points to selling champs is this:

if your account gets hacked, they can just sell all your champs, then buy and sell champs till you have no ip or champs. which would kinda suck, so being able to switch them out for another champ of equal cost would rule out this small flaw.

Bane Wraith

06-16-2011

There are separate threads for virtually every single one of those propositions, Pickle. ^_^

Rent-a-champ
Practice mode
And there are, or were, several threads to suggest a "buyback" feature... but I'm having trouble narrowing one down that contains what I had in mind; a Limited time to transfer the IP/RP you used to a different purchase....

You might want to make a thread yourself regarding the latter.

Truthfully, I never thought about the Hack and Abuse scenario... But, then again, Selling can come with a time limit to, well, Buy back the sold item at no cost =P ( or rather, the same amount refunded )

Pickle in a Bag

06-16-2011

Yeah, imma start a new thread with my suggestions, mainly with the champ trade idea.

and alot of people oversee the hack and abuse scenario, cause as of right now, all they can really do it just hack your account and combine all your runes and give you less of an advantage in lvl 30 games, but you can just play games and buy the runes back or just buy the runes back if you have enough IP already.

Meserion

06-16-2011

most champion aren't too expensive the sell option would jip riot out of sales with new champions.

maybe what could be done is the champion is sell able until you play a match with them in case that person mistakenly buys a champion

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

There are a lot of good ideas for those who don't yet have the problem of having champions they no longer use at all. And a lot of the ideas that were brought up are really good ideas. However a majority of the people feel that we should be able to sell/delete our champions. Hacks are unfortunate no matter how you slice it.

Venomesque

06-20-2011

Whoo, second page. It's what happens when the owner of a forum post goes partying for two whole days.

rEkcAh

06-20-2011

suggested this over a year ago, will most likely not happen but yes i always have trouble with buying a new champion especially since most of the new ones are 4800 or 6300 and finding out they dont work very well with my playstyle or are boring.For example if i bought karma for 6300 and resell it back for 20% of the original ip, being 1260 ip. You can go to 15 or even 10% on higher costing ip just in case it might be abused. Also my idea is to have it as champion credits so people will not abuse it to buy runes.

Venomesque

06-22-2011

That's kind of adding a whole new aspect to the game. Would it even be considered?

SAAWKS

Recruiter

06-23-2011

They should also add a Rune Selling Option. I'm definitely not the only one with useless runes that never get used & wished I never of bought them.

The rune combiner isn't really anything special & it isn't very rewarding. If I need a rune I don't combine my runes, I buy the one I specifically need. If Riot decides to add in that option, they should make it so that runes are sold not to other players but the game itself, refunding 50% of what you originally paid for.

The 50% refunding is to police people so they're not blindly buying runes knowing they can get 100% of their money back. It also serves to make people think more decisively about their rune buying without penalizing them with "nonrefundable" runes.