Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Math Test

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2011

I suggested something like this, however I'd propose something a bit more streamline with more limitations.

• Champions bought with RP cannot be returned for IP and would have a limit on return time for reduced RP return.
  • Champions bought with IP can be returned any time for a flat reduced fee per champion-cost bracket.
  • Other items bought with IP (runes, for example) can also be sold back for reduced IP.

These would be the simplest rules. Why restrict IP from beging gained through RP? It essentially puts Runes, a key component in gameplay as you hit high levels for sale to those with the biggest pockets, something Riot has clearly avoided on purpose in order to keep the playing field fair and balanced between all players. This is why people refuse to have IP given when RP was used for purchase.

Options for champion sell-back would include:
  • Instant sell-back of skins if you have any, or...
  • Skins stay on the account unless separately sold back.

Option two would be a choice in case you wanted to buy a champion back later.

Just some suggestions which may have been discussed, in a neater format.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2011

The buyback might be a good idea. I could re-edit the original post so that it's broken down even more clearly. I know for a fact that there is a solution out there, it's just a matter of figuring out the formula for it, as well as including/excluding RP and IP.

I have already accepted the reality of not getting anything back whether one buys a champion with RP or IP. "Deleting" a champion neither touches nor dents Riot's profits, but it also doesn't give them even more money.

So I'd agree that Champions bought with RP will more than likely not get anything back - with that said, champions bought with IP, it encourages players to play more, however, people will less likely want to buy champions with RP.

So with that in mind, what will likely happen is the concept of "deleting" or erasing a champion from your inventory of champions.

I have always been hesitant with skins, because they cost RP regardless of what you do. I like the instant sell-back of skins because a lot of the times, the skins we see doesn't always give us an idea what the champion will look like with that skin in-game.

What would be really awesome is if we were allowed to keep the skins in the game memory, even if we delete a champion, because say we want that champion back for some reason, we keep the skin. However, it would be in Riot's interest to delete the skin memory, because if we delete a champion that has a skin, we have to buy that skin again for that champion - Riot gains profit.

Bane Wraith

06-04-2011

Ahh, Hang in there bud. ^_^

The thread itself is Labeled "Sell option" so, Even if you've accepted the concept of Deleting... It would be nice to have Both present in the OP. ^_^ And, if you're feeling hesitant with something like skins.. Include it in the OP as well, as something Suggested... Just make the OP a little bit better formated for the New readers. Personally, it never even occurred to me that selling a Champion might get rid of the Skins, too... So, it'd be nice to include all these bits, arguments and ideas in the OP to raise awareness ^_^

EDIT: You know, despite its constant use, I could never figure out if people meant "OP" as "Original Post" or "Original Poster".. <_<

Venomesque

06-04-2011

Yeah I really do need to reorganize and edit the post. It's just a matter of getting all the facts together and then organizing it from there.

Salient0ne

06-06-2011

Champs, and runes too.

Venomesque

06-06-2011

Yes, both would be very useful.

Bane Wraith

06-06-2011

I wish at least One red comment could be arsed to Address this thread... then at least we'd know Why it's so very, very ignored

Venomesque

06-06-2011

I know right? I really do need to re-edit the original post. It's just a matter of having the time to gather all the new information and breaking it down to a MUCH easier layout so it's clear for EVERYONE.

Venomesque

06-09-2011

Yay, original post edited until more detail and more ideas are going to be considered

Venomesque

06-10-2011

You can't avoid me forever! >: D