Do you think the L o L store should allow us to sell Champions?

Yes! 327 62.88%
No! 119 22.88%
-Shrugs- 74 14.23%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

L o L Suggestion: 'Sell Option'

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2011

[Note: Original post has been edited due to progression of debate, discussion, and additional suggestions.]

I think the League of Legends Store, there should be a sell option for champs.

I have too many champs now that I no longer use, some have skins, some don't. I don't like having all these champs that I no longer use, that I no longer like anymore and don't care for.

The reason why I suggest this is because I've heard just about every counterpoint to this idea. One point that seems to stand out is that people can buy champions just to sell them off for IP. I thought about this and went, "wouldn't that put more money into Riot's pocket?" I can't see how this would put a dent in Riot's profits, if anything, it may even put more in.

• Champions bought with RP, do not get RP or IP back.
  • Champions bought with IP can get a small fraction of IP. (The percentage of IP that is refunded is decided by Riot)
  • Deletion of champions is an option instead of selling to get any IP back if Riot feels it would be best.
  • Champions with skins that are deleted, will lose the additional skin too. Skins will have to be re-purchased once deleted.
  • There has also been the additional suggestion of a 'storage unit' for champions. (Store unwanted champions out to clear the clutter of all the champions you do use and keep the skins!)

Also, we need more people taking the poll. I can assure you it's all anonymous, but please just take a quick second to share your verdict of this idea. By saying yes, you agree that Riot should put in a sell option, delete option, or storage option for L o L.

Xenophobed

04-18-2011

/Signed.. Useful for those who play All Random All Middle custom games or any type random..

higher % chance they get the champion they want rather than.. That crappy champ we wasted ip on and got stuck with in a Random match

Beatus

04-18-2011

Not gonna happen. Riot will NEVER do anything that will decrease their profit.

Venomesque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

That's the thing, it doesn't have to decrease their profit. Of course if they do anything like that, they will only do it for IP, and not RP. But remember, they used to have it (way back when) where you were able to earn RP as well as buy them.

CenaSucks

04-18-2011

Seriously, we really need to support this. I'm sure there are tons of people like me who've bought 20+ champs all with IP and only use 5 or so of them. I'd love to sell a bunch to get a new 6300 IP Champion but instead they remain untouched in my collection.

I voted Yes and Upvoted the post, we really need to support this feature. Even if Riot would apply this to RP and give a half RP or so refund, they're not really losing anything. Even so, a refund of half the IP you paid on a champion would be a huge help to players.

Some would argue that doing so would make people buy less RP, but think about it. It would mean unlocking more champs via IP which would mean people would probably buy more skins. What's the problem?

Firion1033

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenaSucks View Post
Seriously, we really need to support this. I'm sure there are tons of people like me who've bought 20+ champs all with IP and only use 5 or so of them. I'd love to sell a bunch to get a new 6300 IP Champion but instead they remain untouched in my collection.

I voted Yes and Upvoted the post, we really need to support this feature. Even if Riot would apply this to RP and give a half RP or so refund, they're not really losing anything. Even so, a refund of half the IP you paid on a champion would be a huge help to players.

Some would argue that doing so would make people buy less RP, but think about it. It would mean unlocking more champs via IP which would mean people would probably buy more skins. What's the problem?
economically, this makes sense, i personally thikn it should 3/4 of WHAT YOU SPENT, meaning whether it ip or rp you get what you spent. not to mention if it was a ratio of what you spent, you wouldnt be able to cheat and get extra rp by buying at sales and selling back

Venomesque

04-18-2011

Exactly, Firion. If you get less IP (or RP) back than what you purchased with, it really isn't any form of cheating because you put in more than you take back.

And I totally agree with CenaSucks. I have a lot of champions, because someone out of the kindness of their heart wanted to use their money to buy me a bundle. (Long story). And I only use, one, maybe two out of the entire bundle, not including the champions I bought myself using IP.

Venomesque

04-18-2011

Bottom line is we need to spread the word and get the idea out, or it'll just be a hidden file in a mountain of other posts and forums.

And not even just the word about the concept itself, but ideas to make this concept better not only for us Summoners but also to help Riot. As we well know, they don't want to lose money, we don't want our unused champions, so discussing that middle ground might give it a chance to make it work.

I already have my list of champions to "sell".

hampsterblade

04-19-2011

I don't know. I just tend to buy characters that I like after I play them for free one week, so not many I want to sell.

Venomesque

04-19-2011

And that's cool. Many would argue about the champion rotation. Which has some validity to it, but as more and more champions emerge, I find myself reading about a champion inside and out, their abilities, their tips, the stats, etc. and you're always wondering when that champion will go on rotation, sometimes, it takes months for that one champion to finally be on the champ rotation. And it could be agreed on that you can study that champ and read about them, know everything there is to know, and there's nothing like actually playing that champ.

A lot of people either are impatient, or maybe there's something conflicting, like that champion is on sale but not on the rotation. Maybe you bought a bundle to get a majority of the champions, but not all of them.

1234511 ... 19