How-To Request: Rough Lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iplaywithblocks

04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrbhaunoch View Post
^this
I don't believe she (he?) was pushing the lane. Seems like it was a Cho who knew how to last hit.

I think a happy medium here that may have at least been a bandaid once or twice would be to buy a green ward and put it somewhere along the river, probably near the exit from their jungle nearest top. This way you could see when Eve as coming up. Often Eve only puts one point into her stealth to focus on damage, so she won't stealth until the last minute. You get advance notice of her approach and you can back off.

And the rest of the time you can farm. Cho is a monster to lane against but you should be able to farm around him/his abilities if you have a little advance warning of Eve's approach. The 75 gold would be paid for with just a few creep kills.

That, then, and what was said above. Trust your build, not what other people QQ about. Thicken that skin and go with your gut. Be confident in your decisions, because you know your playstyle better than anyone else on your team.

And don't hesitate to let people know you're in trouble. Ping your position, tell them you're having trouble, inform them that Eve and Cho are tag-teaming you and you're taking the worst of it. If nobody can hep you and you're not playing dumb, then that's not your fault and there's nothing you could have done. Communicate, ward, and do your best.

TurtleWorld

04-19-2011

Buy Doran's blade. Don't push lane. Buy pink wards.

Over 9000 DPS

04-19-2011

Sounds like Rammus's fault. I've lost games like this before too. If the jungler doesn't gank top lane against a tanky DPS champion it can be too easy for them to snowball.

CuddleBunni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA Monkey View Post
The doran's blade is to assist in last hitting as it gives you a touch more attack and makes it easier. The mild lifesteal is to recoop mild harass at best. You dont buy the blade mainly for the lifesteal. HP + more damage

vamp scepter means you are pushing your lane. (you are autoattcking to heal = pushing)

you needing a vamp scepter to fill up between ganks means you are pushing your lane. (they see an opportunity)

Take home note: Stop. Pushing. Your. Lane.

If you are only firing a bullet for the last hit on cs and an occasional harass on your opponent... trist is very very hard to gank.
Just to clear a few things up: Just saying I had Vamp Scepter does not mean I was pushing the lane. I was still only last hitting. 12% of the 55 damage I do = 6-7hp per minion kill, fairly negligible, but it helps. 3% of the 65 damage with Doran's is a whopping 1-2 hp per minion kill. I suppose looking at it this way, the difference is hardly worth giving up 100 HP when comparing the two items, but the HP Regen that Emblem of Valor gives was looking a bit more tasty at the time. The only time I attacked a minion with above 20-30 hp was when Cho would use a skill or the splash damage from Vorpal Spikes, and I only attacked as much as I needed to secure the kill from my tower whether I needed to use W or E to do it.

One thing I disagree with in this post is that the +10 attack in Doran's Assists in last hitting. Sure having more attack means I can kill the minions from a higher percentage, but if I want the lane to push the absolute least, I want their minions to throw every possible attack before I silence them. If I wait till 20-30 hp to last hit, while the other person only waits till 40-50, even if it is only by a short distance, their creeps will push farther. Even after I buy my B.F. Sword, I prefer to wait until the last moment to kill a creep. I don't miss very often, I average 100 cs within the 12-14 minute mark most of the time, which I think is pretty good.

In other news, I think that placing a green ward some distance down the river would have been the optimal choice in this situation, I know that when I play Eve I don't stealth until I am closer to the lane, unless I know where the wards are. Thanks for all of your help everyone, I appreciate it!

DA

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddleBunni View Post
Just to clear a few things up: Just saying I had Vamp Scepter does not mean I was pushing the lane. I was still only last hitting. 12% of the 55 damage I do = 6-7hp per minion kill, fairly negligible, but it helps. 3% of the 65 damage with Doran's is a whopping 1-2 hp per minion kill. I suppose looking at it this way, the difference is hardly worth giving up 100 HP when comparing the two items, but the HP Regen that Emblem of Valor gives was looking a bit more tasty at the time. The only time I attacked a minion with above 20-30 hp was when Cho would use a skill or the splash damage from Vorpal Spikes, and I only attacked as much as I needed to secure the kill from my tower whether I needed to use W or E to do it.

One thing I disagree with in this post is that the +10 attack in Doran's Assists in last hitting. Sure having more attack means I can kill the minions from a higher percentage, but if I want the lane to push the absolute least, I want their minions to throw every possible attack before I silence them. If I wait till 20-30 hp to last hit, while the other person only waits till 40-50, even if it is only by a short distance, their creeps will push farther. Even after I buy my B.F. Sword, I prefer to wait until the last moment to kill a creep. I don't miss very often, I average 100 cs within the 12-14 minute mark most of the time, which I think is pretty good.

In other news, I think that placing a green ward some distance down the river would have been the optimal choice in this situation, I know that when I play Eve I don't stealth until I am closer to the lane, unless I know where the wards are. Thanks for all of your help everyone, I appreciate it!
Cho is a tougher lane regardless due to his HP, especially if he starts with regen. He still has to get close to farm which means your mild harass + exploding CS will annoying as hell.

For the second paragraph, the idea is correct that you state... you have the right path, but its not exact. You have to remember that the minions last cast/attack is not always the same. Its dependent on how much damage its taking, whether there is a tank minion shooting it, etc. The blade just gives you a slightly larger window to work with to ensure you don't miss cs as a carry. it will make/break you match.

I still firmly stand by you being overextended. Trist is seriously hard to gank on an unpushed lane. Way too much escape. To kill a decent Trist, you need to have the lane pushed and enough stun/burst to kill her before she can do anything.

gallantgreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Cho has a Banshee's Veil, team tells you to counter with Bloodrazor when you have no magic pen...

There are times when you shouldn't listen to your team. Go with the IE, it works better with the lifesteal you already have anyway.