Lich Bane Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCheaterPants

04-17-2011

Quote:
Lich Bane

+350 Mana +80 Ability Power +30 Magic Resist +7% Movement Speed UNIQUE Passive: 100% chance when an ability is used that your next physical attack deals an additional 100% of your Ability Power in damage. This effect has a 2 second cooldown.
Who all is this good for? Most of the people I see who use it(Akali, Katarina, etc) don't even have have mana.

Wouldn't it be more practicle for this to give 350 hp instead of 350 mana?

Sneaky Thing

04-17-2011

AP Jax rocks with Lich Bane. Get a Hextech Gunblade, Rabadon's, and this and you murder 1v1.

Kassadin is great for it, too, giving him extra mobility on top of his ulti flash, and some rockin damage if you space out his abilities with an attack or two.

AP Tanks like Cho'gath, Alistair, and Blitzcrank can also put it to great use.

Point is, just because you never see it doesn't mean it isn't good. It just means people don't use it. It's like Stacking Tiamat's on Critplank.

CrusaderAntonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2011

Basically, it's good on anyone who usually gets a lot of AP and has the potential to land a few auto attacks between spells. The mana is nice, but like you pointed out, Lich Bane isn't restricted to mana users.

AntiTcb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2011

Mana is a dirt cheap stat, so the wasted mana by using this on a champion such as Akali isn't much of a loss.

Amorak

04-17-2011

karthus does pretty good damage with it if you spam his q

Minahs Day

04-17-2011

Lich Bane is good on all melee mages, Akali and Kat use it because they're melee, no matter how much mana they use.

If I get Lich Bane on people other than Nunu, Cho, Eve, Sion, Akali, Kat, I get it because my team can't push for ****.

BlueThingamajig

04-17-2011

Lich Bane is an item for those with spammable spells, and possibly for certain AP Nukers.

It works well with characters like Akali, Karthus, AP Gangplank, AP MF, AP Ezreal, Sion, AP Eve (Get Trinity if you are going AD Eve, Ez), etc.

It also can work with characters like Veigar, Lux, or Leblanc, who typically get an auto-attack in in the middle of the combo.

Sofear

04-17-2011

ok, this is my main item on kat. because so many times i get so much spell pen/ ap . that i shunpo onto someone and then auto atatck for 500+ is pretty nice combo. then a bouncing blades or even killer instincts always load up the proc well. shhhhhhh

poinyears

Senior Recruiter

08-18-2011

For my main mage i use kennen and by the time late game come around kennen with a lich bane is op. you throw you q to add a mark use surge and follow up with one basic hit. depending on how much ap you have you could hit up to around 1.5k to 2k dmg every 2 seconds

Meserion

08-18-2011

try lichbane on sup'ed up and hyper fed veigar (900+ ap) xD you'll 2 shot towers :P