AD Ezreal Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroxite View Post
Oh and...an AD Ez build without sheen? What?
Hehe, get used to seeing it lol, I don't get Sheen on Ezreal until I finish building a Blood Thirster and Last Whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttinOnYou View Post
First off, I am very thankful that all of you have posted on my guide.
Silent Reaper: I have read through your post and it brings me back to the games i played before this guide. I used to run last whisper as if it was the most core item in my build but the attack speed from black cleaver was extremely beneficial because recently all my games have been played against armor heavy tanks like Malphite/Morde.. etc.
My build is extremely strange and I'm probably going to change it in the near future based off ranked game play, but unfortunately my solo ranked has plummeted due to the lack of co-ordination of my teammates.

I will be sure to try out all the suggestions from everyones post and sorry I can not reply to all of them at once.

Once again, thanks for posting on my guide
Thanks for the very polite reply, I'm very impressed. I think you have a great idea at what your going at with the Black Cleaver, but I, in my personally opinion, find that in order for items such as Black Cleaver, Armor Pen Runes and everything to work efficiently you need a very high amount of it in order for it to reach it's "maximum" potential e.g. Making the target have ~0 armor when you hit them.
For example, if you buy let's say buy Black Cleaver and have Armor pen Runes, you're looking at around 30 (runes + masteries) + 12*3 = 66 Armor Pen. Which is pretty strong.
Against an average tank which has lets say 200 armor OR more, your leaving them at around ~135 Armor and almost full damage to squishies.
With Last Whisper However, you are taking away 40% of their armor, meaning 200 armor --> 120 armor. Although the difference isn't huge remember that 1) You can replace your armor pen runes for something like Flat Damage or Critical Strike, and 2) It costs much less money and is cost efficient.
As for Attack Speed, an extra Zeal is pretty amazing on Ezreal since it gives him just about everything he needs.

If you ever want to play with me, add me
I'm right now at ~1550 Elo and can show you how some high level games are like.

Pyroxite

04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Reaper View Post
For example, if you buy let's say buy Black Cleaver and have Armor pen Runes, you're looking at around 30 (runes + masteries) + 12*3 = 66 Armor Pen. Which is pretty strong.
Against an average tank which has lets say 200 armor OR more, your leaving them at around ~135 Armor and almost full damage to squishies.
With Last Whisper However, you are taking away 40% of their armor, meaning 200 armor --> 120 armor. Although the difference isn't huge remember that 1) You can replace your armor pen runes for something like Flat Damage or Critical Strike, and 2) It costs much less money and is cost efficient.
If you're targeting the enemy carries, however, the math changes. The heimer build I use, for example, maxes out at around 110 armor at level 18 (Zhonya's Hourglass and normal stats). 40% of that is 44 armor, whereas the black cleaver alone stacks up to 45 armor pen after only three hits, besides it's otherwise superior stats.

Another important factor is the early levels. If you run Armor pen marks and quints (and the normal ad masteries), you start the game with 31 armor pen. That almost entirely negates the armor that most carries start out with, which means you're packing serious punch even at level one.

Last whisper is very much an end game item, one of the last you should be picking up, because it only outweighs flat armor pen against extremely armored opponents, like end game tanks.

Silent Reaper

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroxite View Post
Another important factor is the early levels. If you run Armor pen marks and quints (and the normal ad masteries), you start the game with 31 armor pen. That almost entirely negates the armor that most carries start out with, which means you're packing serious punch even at level one.

Last whisper is very much an end game item, one of the last you should be picking up, because it only outweighs flat armor pen against extremely armored opponents, like end game tanks.
Yes, I do agree BUT (yes, what what in the butt)
Flat Damage Runes early game are increadibly OP, let you deal more damage to most targets early game *AND* they make last hitting a breeze. While using Armor Pen Runes are nice, I usually can only get maybe 60-80 minion kills after 20 minutes, however with Flat Damage Runes, It's increadibly easy to last hit and I'm actually able to get around 120-140 minion kills at the 20 minute mark which makes a HUGE difference. By that time when armor pen runes pay off, I'll have already outfarmed the enemy team vastly and have half my item build done.

Cockatiel

04-20-2011

Another Ez die-hard here!
I like what nuttin had to say although just like everyone else I have my two cents :-P
go for first blood becuase Ez's burst damage at level 2 in unbelievable.
My runes:
8.3physical dmg, 18 armor pen, 2.8 mana regen.

And the first thing i buy is a health pot and a long sword. I can proudly say i have killed just about every champion at level 2 or 3.
With flash and ignite, get a skill shot or two off, wait for the right moment flash in use your ignite and exhuast shoot your mystic (and if your level 3 hit them with essence flux) = 400g.
Now most people will max out mystic and i agree but after level 3 i will. The 20% reduction in auto attack speed could mean the difference between you being first blood and you having 400g extra.

So what now, you have first blood then what? My build i perfer i get boots of mobility (preference) wiggles then speed dagger and the green agility pot. By level 10 ive pushed mid back far enough they wont dare come past river, so i leave my lane and get dragon, gank bot, get buffs, etc.

Anyhow im diverging. Boots > wiggles > black cleaver > phage > sheen > trinity > Bviel then w.e (usually phantom dancer). So why no health items? well Ez does have a built in flash, if you dont get hit you dont take dmg ;-P
Why the phage before sheen? Kiting. <---
You dont need health when your opponet cant catch you. And after a few hits from mystic they just give up and run away.
Works for me

OutlawStarx2

04-21-2011

First off your items do NOT compliment each other, you have IE and no other Crit items what so ever, and FoN and absolutely no Health items. Yes each item you have are very good items even on ez however the only good consistency you have is a lot of AS and that's good in the games where you have the luxury to auto attack, where if you're good it's most games.

Here are some suggestions you might want to try.

Trinity Force
It's a surprisingly good item on ezreal, plus it compliments almost any item you give him, including IE (you gain crit chance). The boost effect of trinity directly effect "Q", meaning you can cast "Q" and it will hit for 1.5x its total value without needing to cast another spell before hand. Also it gives movement speed, Health, AS, MP, AD, and AP. The parts are cheap so it's not like you'll be hoarding gold forever not getting anything.

MR glyphs
i fine the fact that his "Q" lowers CDs of all other spells enough CDR for ez personally. its a preference but you might want to try it out.

Brutilizer/blade of averace= Ghostblade
Damage, crit, A pen, and CDR a good all round item for Ez, also ghost blade's active is great for killing or running away. a great item to combine with IE. While BC is probaly a better item in general, it compliments IE much better and with the crit of Trinity you'll have enough to make IE's passive even more worth while.

(personally i get the parts for Ghost blade, and wait until i'm on my last item to merge the 2)

Banshee's Vale
Some one said it before and i agree, it's a better item than FoN for survivability. Stopping 1 stun could pretty much save your life, and for a champ of Ezreal's health it's a much better item than FoN.

Stark
A good item in general, i get it if no one on my team has it, other wise i get BT. I make Life steal my last item in m games so i generally win or lose before this time. However when i do get that far i follow that rule

Random info

SO if you have IE+Trinity+Ghost blade= you'll have 55% crit chance. this means every other regular hit you do does 250% damage. so if you're lvl 18 and you only have these 3 items every other hit would do about 500-600 damage (armor guestimated) your regular AD is about 250. with your full build your AD is about 300-325 (i'm guessing again) and your crits are done 1/4 of the time (not applied on "Q") and each one of them is about 650-750. when you consider that you crit twice as much it is pretty much a decrease in DPS.

and mandred's passive isn't that great IMO. i mean 4% of 4k (average tank HP) is 16 magic damage per hit, and it's decreased by their MR. and you have no M pen. While it's a great item as a whole it's not for ez.

OutlawStarx2

04-21-2011

random bump