Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD Ezreal Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NuttinOnYou

Recruiter

04-17-2011

Hello, and welcome to my personal guide on how to play Attack Damage Ezreal. Note that while reading this guide, it is my personal preference on how to play this character. Situational items may change depending on the team your playing against, but for the most part I will be showcasing my "core" build.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/018/4/4/lol__ezreal_v_4_by_myyyth-d37gncs.jpg"]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/018/4/4/lol__ezreal_v_4_by_myyyth-d37gncs.jpg"]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/018/4/4/lol__ezreal_v_4_by_myyyth-d37gncs.jpg (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/018/4/4/lol__ezreal_v_4_by_myyyth-d37gncs.jpg)

To start off with, I will briefly explain what you should do during what part of the game:

Early: Try to last hit as often as possible, and around level 6 encourage your team to push your opponents back to their towers. This is extremely effective because a little harassment will leave the enemy team with low health, allowing you to use your ultimate for a free kill. This also has another bonus to it seeing as that you do not have to leave your lane. (Winnning. Duh.)

Mid: This is where the fun starts. Around 30 minutes in you should have a few kills and some decent farm. Kills should become frequent and your team should be ganking as often as possible.

Late: This is your prime, your bread and butter. 40-50 Minutes in is considered late game and is also when AD Ezreal starts to shine. You should have all your gear and having teamfights often. This will enable your team to rack up kills (and maybe get yourself a few).

Skillbuild:
Prioritize your Q (Mystic Shot)
Level R (Ultimate) whenever possible
My personal preference after maxing my Q is to max my E (For cool down purposes)
After that has been completed. Level your essence flux to max.

Click the link below to see my "core" item build and some previous games.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...ntEzScores.png (http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk91/Quickels/RecentEzScores.png)

Items shown: Bloodrazor, Berserker Greaves, Black Cleaver, Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster, and Force Of Nature

At first glance, this build seems a bit... odd?
Yes, I know this, but it is extremely effective.

Being AD Ezreal, most people rely on their Q to do most of their damage, which is true is most cases. As for my build, auto attacking alongside your Q will enable you to reach max potential.
As most teams have a tank, razors and black cleaver will simply shread their armour plus add a few extra magical damage.
The Infinity Edge is a must get item due to its recent buff of 25% crit chance. Also 80 attack damage goes well with your Q.
Bloodthister gives Ezreal and extra 100 attack damage seeing as that you don't die and continue to farm throughout the hole game.
Finally, Force Of Nature. This is the most awkward item in my build by far, but is extremely effective. Being so squishy as a hard carry you need magic resist for the slightest amount of damage. Force Of Nature also gives you a movement buff which is great for chasing down opponents, but also allows a little health regeneration.

Runes (All tier 3):

Health Quints
Armour Penetration Marks
Mana Per Level Seals
Cooldown Glyphs

Masteries:

Typical 9-0-21
Most people run the opposite of the 21-0-9 or other various mastery setups, but I personally find the 9-0-21 more effective.
why? Base movement speed increase, decrease on cooldowns, and natural health/mana regen.

Summoner Spells:
Ignite and Flash

Ignite is great for solo'ing mid because it is around an extra 200+ damage and also a team oriented spell to keep healing for the enemy at a minimum.

Flash is just another blink. Double blink will allow you to tower dive an escape quickly or even correct yourself when you use your E improperly. I know I will accumulate a lot
of grief for this but it has saved me many times (also helped me kill a Warwick that tower dove)

If there are any questions, statements, or concerns with my guide please let me know. Its not as detailed as I wanted it to be but i am constructing this on such a small time frame
First guide btw :P Thanks

NuttinOnYou

Recruiter

04-17-2011

To play with me and see the Ezreal action, add me In-Game: NuttinOnYou

Silent Reaper

04-17-2011

Although your item build does seem pretty interesting there are a few things of concern to me, while Force of Nature is a a great item to get for magic resist, wouldn't it be much easier to get something such as a Banshee's to negate that first stun which gets you killed? Additionally you're build does not include a single Health Item. While the extra armor/magic resist from items is very beneficial, it's efficiency is very low due to the lack of health. Additionally your build does not include Frozen Mallet which allows you to slow down opponents by 15% which in teamfights and ganks is increadibly powerful. Furthermore, Madreds is not an anti tank item, rather an anti health item. In the event of playing against a champion with alot of health such as Vladimir this could be useful, but in most cases a Last Whisper can shred armor much, much more effectively and be useful than madreds.

Also, Last Whisper can effectively replace the need for Black Cleaver AND Armor penetration runes and get runes that are more effective such as Critical Chance or Flat Damage Runes.

Lastly this is more of a personal preference and all, but is it neccessary to get CDR and Mana Regen Runes when you can easily instead obtain the blue buff after the first blue pill at level +6?

HarbingerOfPain

04-17-2011

AP ez can do anything you can do better!!! (if he has lichbane...and if he doesnt he's not doing it right!)

Silent Reaper

04-17-2011

Both Ap and AD Ezreal are good and both have thier strengths and Weakness. Please stop with all this nonsense of Ap or AD is better -.-

Pyroxite

04-17-2011

I'm happy to see other Ez enthusiasts around, he's a great champ and fun to play. I don't think you're making the best possible use of him though. I think if you play a couple ranked games with him you'll probably progress in your Ez playstyle more quickly, but that's up to you.

Force of nature doesn't compare to BVeil, which is cheaper, gives you health and mana, and of course the shield is game changing. FoN is for tanks, bveil is for everyone.

Your guide and your items (and your screenshot, for that matter) point to your games being too long. Probably because they're all unranked. Ezreal is amazing early and mid game, but your guide emphasizes how good he is around 40-50 minutes. The majority of games are decided one way or the other within 20-25 minutes, and only rarely do I play games that last past 50 minutes.

I'd also suggest showing the item progression in your guide more, i.e. what do you buy first, second, etc. before building into the expensive items you have listed there. If you rush straight into the Bloodrazor, I can guarantee you're playing Ez wrong.

Oh and...an AD Ez build without sheen? What?

TheGundamGuy

04-17-2011

I say take out the FoN and replace it with a trinity force and it's good

Kikhan

04-18-2011

Overall you need to be more flexible with your build.

FoN is only good if you have HP up to at least the 3k range; a third of its use is the regen based off HP amount.

BV is way better for Ez as a single survivability item.

Berserker boots are bad Ez does not get to purely auto attack alot. Also mobility is his strength so movement boots or merc treads are a must.

Mix in Frozen Mallet and Trin force into your builds. Both provide a lot of flexibillity depending on your opponents and how your game is going. Froznl Mallet if the game is going bad Trin Force if it is going well.

Choose 2 of the BF sword items not all 3. All 3 are nice but, it reduces the utility of other items that could provide better use in most games. Different opponents means different choices of which 2.

Also you might want to be more flexible with leveling W over E skill wise. Especially if your current lane opponents are attack speed or auto attacking Champions. E is only useful basically once per engagement even if it is leveled fully. I level them depending on the game but, dont focus maxing one or the other solely after R/Q of course.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-18-2011

1. normal games are a terrible testament to viability/skill. not saying youre bad, but i've carried teams with crit swain and AP tryndamere. the improved coordination and teamwork in ranked games makes a world of difference, not to mention people actually try.
2. if you wanna just autoattack, play ashe. ezreal is a bursty ranged carry. a trinity force proc'd Q is comparable to gangplank's parrley in damage. don't neglect sheen for ez.

NuttinOnYou

Recruiter

04-19-2011

First off, I am very thankful that all of you have posted on my guide.
Silent Reaper: I have read through your post and it brings me back to the games i played before this guide. I used to run last whisper as if it was the most core item in my build but the attack speed from black cleaver was extremely beneficial because recently all my games have been played against armor heavy tanks like Malphite/Morde.. etc.
My build is extremely strange and I'm probably going to change it in the near future based off ranked game play, but unfortunately my solo ranked has plummeted due to the lack of co-ordination of my teammates.

I will be sure to try out all the suggestions from everyones post and sorry I can not reply to all of them at once.

Once again, thanks for posting on my guide