Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Help Needed] Lvl 1 Golem Jungle Amumu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADCisMyReligion

04-17-2011

How do you kill blue golem at lvl 1 as Jungle Amumu? Even with leash, cloth 5, and smite I got executed. Do you need to kill the small minions first? I'm a great Amumu laner and a very good jungler on other characters but with Amumu I get executed. Help?

unR Mohrisbetter

04-17-2011

runes + masteries

armor seals and 21 in defense tree for masteries. Then just cry on that dude.

Greyfeld

04-17-2011

First off, take Despair as your level 1 skill.

Make sure you're running AR Seals. The extra armor helps immensely on that early jungle.

If you're still struggling, go at least 17 points into the Defense Mastery tree for extra AR, Health, and damage reduction against minions.

With this setup, I have no problem killing the blue golem, solo, by popping a red potion, and smiting it when it gets low.

ADCisMyReligion

04-17-2011

I am running Armor seals, but I was getting tantrum level 1 not despair, was that my problem?

songzgy

04-17-2011

you go tears first because it does % of max life, which is a crapload on the big golem. And go with runes, eg. MrP red, Armor/dodge yellow, AP/CdR blue, hp quint.

Greyfeld

04-17-2011

I don't know about the other runes, since I don't really have any solid rune pages for any specific champs, but the AR yellows are a definitely necessity, but I'm not so sure MrP is really needed. Afterall, Amumu's passive reduces his target's MR every time he lands an auto attack. I've also found AP runes decidedly lackluster.

Though I think MP5 blues would go a long way. Afterall, Amumu can burn through his mana pool really quickly, even during the late game, and you can't always guarantee you'll have the blue buff as a crutch to keep your mana up.

But yeah, to the OP's question, take Despair first. Tantrum is a nice skill (and should be what you take at level 2 to supplement your DPS in the jungle), but if you want to take down blue at level 1, you need to get those tears flowing.

Call Mee Maybee

04-19-2011

Uh ya get despair first and golem is no big thang (you shouldnt even get lower than 3 bars)