[Champion Concept] Prisoner 243, the Nameless Chainbearer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelancholyReaper

04-17-2011

VERSION 5

** I have make some more radical changes in the hopes of making a character with simplistic moves and a tanky synergy. Critique as you see fit. **

Prisoner 243, the Nameless Chainbearer

Lore: She was a prisoner in Zaun for a while, but managed to escape when an experiment that fused her soul with the chains that bound her turned out to be a success. After escaping her captors, she sought refuge with the League; they agree, but only under the stipulation that she participate in the games. Prisoner 243 agreed, and now fights in the hopes of understanding what she has become.

Role: Tank, Melee, Pusher

Health: 8/10
Attack: 4/10
Spells: 7/10
Difficulty: 410

Resource: Mana

Stats:

Damage: 52(+3.25 per level)
Health: 420(+84.5 per level)
Mana: 235(+43.5 per level)
Move Speed: 310 units
Armour: 16(+3.8 per level)
MR: 30(+0.8 per level)
Health Regen: 1.4(+0.17 per level)
Mana Regen: 1.35(+0.115 per level)

Abilities:

Passive: Interlocked Defenses -243 adds 30% of her bonus Armour to her MR, and 30% of her bonus MR to her Armour.

Q: Ferrowhip - 243 whips the target with her chains, dealing physical damage and suppresing the damage of it's next ability(ies) made within the next 4 seconds. Whenever a spell is cast nearby, Ferrowhip's cooldown is reduced by 1 second. [Cast time: 0.5 seconds, Target: Selected]
Empowered: Ferrowhip strikes all targets within a 500/550/600 unit range.

Cooldown: 15 seconds
Nearby: within 1000 units
Range: 550 units
Damage: 75/125/175/225/275 (+ 1:0.6 MR) damage
Damage Reduction: 10/14/18/22/24%
Abilities Suppressed: 1/2/2/3/3
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana

W: Constriction - 243 wraps the target in chains and crushes it, dealing physical damage and rooting it for the duration. [Cast time: 0.5 seconds, Target:Selected]
Empowered: 243 suppresses the victim's life forces, additionally reducing its defenses by 35/50/75% for 4 seconds.

Cooldown: 16/15.5/15/14.5/14 seconds
Damage: 80/140/200/260/320 (+ 1:0.75 AP) damage
Duration: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds
Cost: 110 mana

E: Chain Attack - 243 attaches her chains to her target and pulls herself to them, drop kicking and them upon arrival. Whenever Prisoner 243 kills a target with Chain Attack, the cooldown is immediately refreshed. [Cast Time: 0.5 seconds, Target: Selection]
Empowered: Chain Attack's drop kick is energised, slowing the victim and those nearby by 30/50/70% for 2 seconds upon arrival.

Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds
Nearby: within 200/235/270 units
Range: 500 units
Damage: 90/130/170/210/250 (+ 1:0.75 bonus AD)
Cost: 75/85/95/105/115 mana

R (Ultimate): Iron Ouroboros - Passive: 243 coalesces energy within her chains, improving her defenses (additional Armour and MR).
Active: 243 releases her built-up energy, causing her to enter an empowered state. During this state, her abilities have improved effects and the passive defensive bonus from Iron Ouroboros is granted to all nearby allies. The passive bonus is lost while the active portion is on cooldown.

Armour/MR boost: 30/50/70
Empower Duration: 5 seconds
Empower Aura: 475 units
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Cost: 125/150/175 mana

Appearance: Prisoner 243 is a young woman, clad in a commoner's outfit. She has chains wrapped around her body and uses them in a whiplike fashion when she attacks. Her abilities allow the chains to take on more supernatural roles, such as increased range and magic conduits.

I changed her appearance, so I'll draw a new picture and put it up here. Ignore that other one I put up.

I have absolutely no idea what the character would sound like, but a chain of prison-related puns will probably ensue.

Gameplay:

I've drastically changed the character again, so I'm pulling the lazy card and doing it later. Again.

Conclusion: Also the Lazy Card. I'll do it later.

Change Log (New! )
- Version 1 Prisoner 243 was a glass cannon, not the tank she was intended to be. Reworked all moves.
- Version 2 was still too much of a bruiser. Reworked base mechanics.
- Version 3 was just bad, and should feel bad. Followed by beginning with Version 1 and making minor modifications to the moves.
- Version 4 was honestly okay, but I can't really leave "well enough" alone; I changed up everything again to feel more tank-like.

Comments are always appreciated, and I'm working on a new picture to better represent her.

HomerJayeSimpson

04-17-2011

i like. interesting and different way to tank. not sure how viable it would be in game, but the whole prisoner theme is pretty cool..

MelancholyReaper

04-17-2011

I fear that rather than a "tank" archetype, this is more under a "bruiser" or "what-the-****-is this" archetype. I'm still messing with the mechanics, and will update this whenever I remember to.

BostonStapler

04-17-2011

the idea is interesting enough, but this isnt super tanky its more of a bruiser.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2011

This champion concept is made of win. I'd love to supply some feedback on the abilities to improve the concept further, but I really can't think of anything useful to add. I'd love to play this champion if implemented. Finally, I can have a female champion to play among all my monsters and males XD.

Rentaromon

04-17-2011

not so much of a tanker as a damage dealer, only the passive halfs surviveability. everything else is damage dealers.

in fact aside for the passive this is a glass cannon. the greatest weakness i see is a melee character who can survive your burst damage so they dont need to run will be real deadly to u. kind of like the natasha heavy of tf2, if they can take you you are screwed, if they cant they are screwed.

overall a real interesting idea, but needs big changes if u want it to be a tank.

MelancholyReaper

04-17-2011

Thank you guys for your input!

I concur with the general consensus that this character setup sounds more like a bruiser, as opposed to a tank as I intended. However, the movement control seems to be popular, so I'll stick with that idea and refine it.

I'm going to completely revamp the moves, basically making her a chainstorm, rather than casting one.

This is the official end of the V1 comments!

MelancholyReaper

04-17-2011

Aight, I updated the hero to be more tanky. Lets the criticisms fly!

MelancholyReaper

04-18-2011

I'm not a very good artist, but I attempted to draw a picture of Prisoner 234. Now you can imagine her with greater ease, flying around and smacking everyone with that wreath of chains floating behind her.

MelancholyReaper

04-18-2011

Bump again, I've made a big change to her ult.