How to: Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tank Ocean

04-22-2011

bump

Fluffyburrito

04-22-2011

No one is going to think your guide is good no matter how many times you bump it. You've gotten a lot of constructive criticism and have yet to adapt.

Smellis

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsack View Post
Stopped reading when you took ignite over exhaust.
Ignite is pretty good for garen. Helps secure kills and snowball a lot easier.

Everything else about this "guide" is pretty much wrong though.

Fluffyburrito

04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellis View Post
Ignite is pretty good for garen. Helps secure kills and snowball a lot easier.

Everything else about this "guide" is pretty much wrong though.
If you're close enough to ignite, you're close enough to exhaust. Q alone will make up the damage for ignite. Then you can get 3/4th of an E off, doing a lot more damage than ignite could overall.

Shutting down someone will self healing like mundo is going to be worth it, but securing kills shouldn't be your #1 reason. Exhaust is better for that in every regard and shuts down the AD carry.

Zaouron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2011

I've been running CDR garen recently. So far it's been fairly OP.

I go offensive masteries with ghost/exhaust. Start with boots and 3 pots. Then i go as follows:

giants belt
cdr boots
brutalizer
finish sunfire
finish ghostblade

I run ArP runes for reds/quints. Crit chance runes in yellow (testing these right now). And enough CDR runes so with masteries, runes, and items i get to 40% cdr. I fill out blue with crit chance runes for now. Will probably swap them for MR runes once i get the IP for them.

With the above build you have a 2.5 sec silence on a 4.8 cd. your 3 sec spin is on a 6 sec cd. you can drop your ult every 56(i think) sec.

Note, i do NOT run tank garen. I find tank garen to be completely useless. Sure, he's hard as hell to kill, but he's absolutely no threat to the enemy (his ult being the exception, but then he's just KS'n the carries). He just ends up being ignored. Garen makes a good secondary tankish champ.

I find the above build really helps garen stay relevant through to end game (my games typically last 35-45 min.)

Garfunkleer

04-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayster View Post
People think that Garen has been nerfed too hard and hes completely useless
Stopped reading at this point.