How to: Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tank Ocean

04-16-2011

You can find the full post Here

Tank Ocean

04-16-2011

Bump

Call Mee Maybee

04-19-2011

Stopped reading when you took ignite over exhaust.

Ionic Breeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsack View Post
It is situational, sometimes ignite is better for someone who heals a lot (Vlad, Mundo). But most of the time, exhaust is better at least for Garen's case, because an exhausted opponent coupled with his Spin ability + boots of swiftness will make him a force to reckon with, at least in early game.

Tank Ocean

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsack View Post
Garen with swiftness and the buff from Q should have no trouble with people running away, or catching up to people

Tank Ocean

04-20-2011

bump

blakphyre

Recruiter

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayster View Post
Garen with swiftness and the buff from Q should have no trouble with people running away, or catching up to people
While I'm not disagreeing with you, how can you justify getting run speed quints and ghost for the opposite reason you justify not taking exhaust?

King of Hearts11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Why would you get IE on Garen, when Ghostblade gives more damage on all his skills. Don't say the 50% crit damage on IE makes a difference on his spin, because it doesn't.

Ginka Zanmai

04-21-2011

So, I somehow convinced myself to read your entire post before criticizing anything. I don't know what Elo you are from, or how your average games last 60+ mins to let you farm all those items. Unless you do really well and get fed massively, you'll probably finish games around boots 2, 1 damage item, and 1 armor item.

Your post doesn't include a core item build and seems a bit all over the place. Also I can't believe you put : Late game sell IE if you want, since you can't do damage anyways. I must introduce you to an item called Last Whisper. It does wonders on people with armor.

Save ignite for the AP bursters. Outside of netting you kills in the first 10 mins of the game, or a lucky ignite mid game, there is almost no reason not to take exhaust.

Tank Ocean

04-21-2011

bump