Brand

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WetCurryFart

04-16-2011

Masteries / runes / items

Im just not sure what to use on him, I usually use - Sorc shows, Roa, Rylias, rabadons. Im just not sure of the last 2 items or if my items are even good on brand. ( I usually do fairly well, I'm just looking for some input )

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

After experimentation, I typically go with an early Fiendish Codex into Sorc Shoes, finishing Morello's to then move into a Rylais. Rabadons after that, then whatever I need for the game if it goes on that long. I used to make an early Catalyst to help with his mana consumption, but the CDR of Morello's, earlier AP, and regeneration have proven more useful to landing the early kills he needs to press his burst advantage. Plus, with flat CDR blues and the typical 9/0/21 mastery setup, you'll be at 35% CDR with Morello's alone.

Rylais is almost invaluable on Brand. His only CC requires that you combo two spells, one of which can be blocked by anything. The slow on Rylais helps you land not only a Q stun, but makes it easier to land Pillars and targets of your ultimate will be slown down, allowing for potentially more bounces. In addition to this, he has no natural escape skills so the extra HP and slow can let you get out of situations if your summoner escapes are down.

Currently I just use my basic mage page, which consists of Flat AP Quints, MPen Marks, Mana Regen per Lvl Seals, and Flat CDR Glyphs. Masteries are the typical 9/0/21 like I said earlier.

IS1c97d24ab794843f3ceb1

04-16-2011

Well I seem to be doing rather well with Brand and finding him massively enjoyable.

Masteries I go 9/0/21 with Flash and Ghost.

Runes I take MPen marks, AP seals and 3 MPen glyphs and the rest AP a long with AP quints. (This is the layout I currently use, although I'm certain that there is probably a better setup. Just need to find it.)

Items.

I start with a dorans ring and then I rush a tears, I get Sorc boots. Next I get a Rylai's followed by a rabbadons or a voidstaff if they have built any MR. Next get the voidstaff or rabadons, whichever you didn't build. Now I finish the Archangel and the final item depends on how the game is playing out. If you want more AP get another Archangel or some spellvamp get WoTA, you get the idea. Last item is preference.

I find this build to be effective even with the lack of survivability due to being able to stay far back with Brand.

Abilities I max Q first then W and finally E but taking a point in each up to level 3. Obviously get ulti when you can.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Cynas

04-16-2011

I posted a guide earlier that echoes most of what is being said here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...30#post7973830

Narvuntien

04-16-2011

hmm thanks..

just bought him I am finding catalyst most useful.. I don't have Mana runes.. so I have been using clairity... but perhaps the codex with be more useful than Catalyst.