Morgana and zilian

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ti 84 Plus

02-27-2010

just attack with physical on morg :<

Yashamaru Shigo

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuthian View Post
HUR DUR, IT'S HARD TO MOVE A FEW STEPS SIDEWAYS TO AVOID ROOT.
Oh lordie lordie.
You assume the person controlling morgana is just going to blindly fire root at you whenever you come in distance and not time it at all or with skill as well as thinking the projectile can be dodged simply by side stepping, all of the time. You sir are an idiot.

Axxle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-27-2010

hahaha. Have you even played Morgana? EVERYONE knows ur trying to root them, and will do almost anything to keep minions between you. Yes its true, people who are skilled will still root/soil you, but even then its not an instadeath. Morgana is slow and hard to control, and her shield doesn't help against physical attacks at all. Her auto attack is all but useless. She NEEDS to hit u with the root and soil to do almost anything. Anyone who knows how to dodge at all can easily counter. Morg is not OP, just a different playstyle.

Amarath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by togarda View Post
No, it does not make her "immune". Morgana is like the only champion I play and I've been up against several zileans. If you try to put a bomb on morgana when her shiled is UP, then you fail. She cannot have any debuffs or negative effects put on her during this time and the bomb counts as one.

If she shields after the bomb is put the bomb will sooner or later explode and it WILL EAT HER SHIELD. I've been hit for 19 dmg or so countless times because of a low shield rank (it is my lowest leveled skill... ulti>dark binding>tormented soil>black shield unless they're REALLY cc heavy.) And during the CD you can just rewind and put another bomb on her.

And even if she puts on the shield afterwards the bomb will damage thosse around her/the target. It only shields ONE person and does NOT remove the AoE, making them still run away from the fight for a while.

And to the guy saying she's OP...wtf? that's all I have to say. She's in the middle of the middle... try to fight a fiddle (wtf uncontrollable movements while he's draining your life and you're silenced!?)

Tl;dr version: the bomb will eat her shield, I have proof. And also Morgana's not OP -.-

All of this does not address the fact that a MAGIC DAMAGE ABILITY does 0 magic damage to morgana shield AS IT SHOULD.

IE, slows, roots etc,back shield eats and stays up, all amagic abilitiest that do damage are aborbed by the shield and if > than shield hp kills shield. Ziliean's MAGIC DAMAGE BOMBS do 0 damage to her shield , UNLIKE EVERY OTHER MAGIC DAMAGE ABILITY.

Zilean already has a strong counter in poppy and a few others already mentioned. However, Black shiled or more to the point zilean can do nothing to my shield at all when i play morgana. All that is required is a bit of code for zilean's bombs or her shield to rectify this obvious error.

PS i agree with everyone about the root thing and morgana not being op, but end game thats a non issue as in 5v5 group fight landing ur root is super easy (unless ur bad).

F3nr1s

02-27-2010

Ill get this out of the way before i make my comment: I do main morgana and she is my favorite champion

HOWEVER

Morgana is not an OP champion. At all. When it comes to Zilean versus Morgana specifically, she does counter him pretty hard however as most morgana players do I only put one rank in shield until late game (unless magic or cc is hardcore). What this means is that it only absorbs most amounts of the bombs until late game at which point your bombs rape my face until i level shield again. If you really want to argue how bout we talk Karthus ult versus Morgana. "Oh noes ur gonna die cause im karthus *****!" "Well my shield just absorbed all of that and ryze's snare GG". Get over it. You probably played against a good morgana that countered all your bombs. How about instead of popping them on champions that arent being effected by them you make the intelligent move: farm the **** minions instead of wasting mana on apparently non-effective bombs.

Morgana is a great support mage and a decent dps mage. She cannot usually carry a team as other mages can, most notably karthus, nor is she especially effective during teamfights (any intelligent team would either spread or kill morgana immediately when she fires an ulti off). Her snare is a large duration disable because it is a SKILL SHOT not a noob "**** yea I can click your champion!" disable which is why it has a longer duration.

Oh yea and for all those raging for morgana opness, guess what? Banshee-****ing-veil. Unless she spends the money on a deathsfire grasp, her entire combo is ruined (unless you waste an ult?).

/end rant

Craixis

02-27-2010

Zilean can plant 5 time bombs in 10 seconds, can morg's black shield stop that?
I thought not... I play him CD and I pop her shields all the time, its not difficult, I mean, rewind does get pretty low on its cooldown, and you should be able to spam it pretty easy.

Amarath

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3nr1s View Post
Ill get this out of the way before i make my comment: I do main morgana and she is my favorite champion

HOWEVER

Morgana is not an OP champion. At all. When it comes to Zilean versus Morgana specifically, she does counter him pretty hard however as most morgana players do I only put one rank in shield until late game (unless magic or cc is hardcore). What this means is that it only absorbs most amounts of the bombs until late game at which point your bombs rape my face until i level shield again. If you really want to argue how bout we talk Karthus ult versus Morgana. "Oh noes ur gonna die cause im karthus *****!" "Well my shield just absorbed all of that and ryze's snare GG". Get over it. You probably played against a good morgana that countered all your bombs. How about instead of popping them on champions that arent being effected by them you make the intelligent move: farm the **** minions instead of wasting mana on apparently non-effective bombs.

/end rant
What i don't think you know what you are talking about lvl 1 shield can eat 100 bombs w/o taking damage , as black shield makes the target 100% immune to bombs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
Zilean can plant 5 time bombs in 10 seconds, can morg's black shield stop that?
I thought not... I play him CD and I pop her shields all the time, its not difficult, I mean, rewind does get pretty low on its cooldown, and you should be able to spam it pretty easy.
YES IT CAN that is the point, her shield makes those bombs poof (they don't explode they simply are gone).
if you could place 20 bombs in 10 secs she would take 0 damage as they would all poof into nothingness.

You obviously have no clue what your saying , maybe your friend break the shield for you and then you hit her with double bombs but it is impossible for zileans bombs to break morgana's shield.

Once agian for the QQ's who just wANT TO CRY "MORGANA'S NOT OP" I am not saying she is op just that the mechanics of her shield have unattended consequences for zilean that were not planned for and should be looked at.

Craixis

02-27-2010

Aye, but her shield only last 5 seconds... duh
Meaning half your shots are getting in, and the cooldown on that shield is much longer then the bomb spam of a good Zilean (and if you planted the bomb before the shield, it doesn't stop the damage). You should be able to stay away from Morg long enough for that shield to disperse and then bomb her to death... even with the shield up, you can bomb minions near here to blow the shield and have even more time to bomb her...
Her shield works the way its intended, you're just not using Zilean to his full potential to counter her (try double bombing yourself in melee range, kills her shield)

Fennec

Recruiter

02-27-2010

Zilean has advantages and disadvantages to how his Timebomb works is one of the disadvantages. His Bombs still Deal AoE dmg its not like you can't switch targets to something else and still hit the sheilded target. Wait... thats cheating!...

togarda

02-27-2010

this is JUST what I was saying, the bombs do NOT do 0 dmg to her shield. If you put then on WHILE her shield is up then they won't come one at all since they are a negative effect but if they explode and she put the shield on after the bomb was put on she WILL TAKE DAMAGE IF her shield blocking is lower than the time-bomb damage. I've seen my shield explode, me taking 19 dmg and everyone around me taking like 120 or something. Her shield does not make her immune.

I just think that you are leveling black shield to fast/zilean is leveling time bomb too slowly. And no matter how many bombs you try to put on her while she's shielded it doesn't work.

(I would also like to add that her shield COMPLETELY blocks warwicks ultimate. I once put it on to have a warwick ulti me a millisecond later...he jumped into thin air and started clawing at things...this is a bit strange xD)