What order to get items in on AP Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patyrn

02-26-2010

I can't seem to figure out my ideal order, and I'm wondering what you guys do.

These are the items I consider excellent choices on AP Jax:

Guinsoos
Rylai's
Lichbane
Soulstealer
Nashor's Tooth

They all contribute well to his DPS and survivability.

My problem is what order to get them in? I'm leaning towards Rylai's first because the slow gives you some great team utility and makes you great at chasing. It also gives the most HP out of any of them.

xahhfink6

02-26-2010

So many times I thoght that rylais might be the best first choice, but it really doesn't help him as much as you'd like, especially when you can just get golem (as a note I havent tried rylais first since the buff, but I always used to play AP jax...) but what I find as useful is Sheen first, and immediately get Mejais, then Ginsoo's, then upgrade to lichbanes... if it goes any longer rylais is definetely the next most important...

overall I'm not a big fan of nashors, although it may be more viable now that he has the HP to stay in battle longer.

Quick Sand

02-26-2010

Depends on where your preferences are at. Personally I think some of those items you put up cannot be paired together because they don't scale very well with late game buying.

I would suggest (or's denote get one only and forget about the other options):

First: Sheen, Mejai's, or Guinsoo's
Second: Tabi
Third: Rylai's
Fourth: Nashor's, Lichbane, or Guinsoo's
Fifth: Whatever is left - if you ever get here.

Mejai's is simply not worth it unless you get it early imo. Also, Rylai's is an awesome item but very hard to farm for with weak intermediate items unlike Lichbane and its component Sheen

Decklan

02-26-2010

I've been playing AP jax for a long time, pre buff and post buff especially, and let me tell you this, Nashors Tooth is NOT worth it's price on Jax. You don't really need cooldown you need a lot of ability power to help out your HP and Damage, and you really need to do burst damage over Damage over time.

Patyrn

02-26-2010

Quote:
I've been playing AP jax for a long time, pre buff and post buff especially, and let me tell you this, Nashors Tooth is NOT worth it's price on Jax. You don't really need cooldown you need a lot of ability power to help out your HP and Damage, and you really need to do burst damage over Damage over time.
What would you get instead?

SunKyu

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patyrn View Post
What would you get instead?
Lich Bane.
Lich Bane.
Lich Bane.
Lich Bane.

Or Guinsoos's.

Or If you're feeling beastly, try getting a Zhonya's ring c:
Or maybe an Abyssal Scepter if your team is magic-heavy.

Decklan

02-27-2010

Personally?
Amp Tome, 1 HP pot
Ninja Tabi
Convert Amp Tome to Meji's
Guinsoo's
Zhonya's

This will give you around 3.1k HP at level 14 with (as long as you been helping in team fights for assists and kills to stack up meji's) 380+ ability power. Lich Bane early is not worth it, get it late game instead. Summoner skills are Ghost and Flash. Cleanse is not needed anymore on Jax as your survivability since the patch is very high. Flash and Leap give you two escape skills, or if you like, two initiation skills. Ghost is more useful than exhaust as you really WANT autoattacks to hit you so you can proc dodge. If they miss outright due to exhaust, your dodge won't proc.

IMO, just play it by ear. The core items are Mejais, Guinsoo's and Ninja Tabi. After that depending on the game, I've gotten anything from Rylais to Banshees Veil.

Patyrn

02-27-2010

Quote:
Lich Bane.
Lich Bane.
Lich Bane.
Lich Bane.

Or Guinsoos's.
Those are on my list. I mean what would you get instead assuming you already have those.

SunKyu

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patyrn View Post
Those are on my list. I mean what would you get instead assuming you already have those.
You had me quoted for 30 minutes?
I edited my post. :/