[Champion Suggestion] Ashlyn, The Frozen Queen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NevosoInverno

04-16-2011

For the CACSC

Inspiration – I love playing Ashe, she is interesting and I was checking out her lore, and decided (along with the massive uproar for new tanks and a female tank) that this would make perfect sense to fill the void. Plus, I love this style of character, and putting that to a tank style would be interesting.

And I present:

Ashlyn, The Frozen Queen

Lore – She is the Queen of another tribe that was a descendant of the Three Sisters, and sworn arch enemy of Ashe, the Frost Archer. She encompasses the same mentality for frost, although she has gone further lengths than any known being to become one with ice. She sits upon the high throne, ruling her people with a vengeance that not many can understand. She is envious of her neighboring tribes in Freljord, as they have taken up much of the livable land. Her people and Her subjects are forced into the high mountains where the frozen ground makes for impossible living conditions.

Although she sits on the high throne, she is still the first into any battle which threatens her tribe. It is not out of compassion for her people but her greed over her land. Through years of fighting and countless battles she has become a dead nerve and seems to shake off anything that is thrown at her. More so, her thirst for more is causing her to force the war machine into high gear and march on the low lands to claim more land.

Roles – Mitigation tank

Stats -
Health - 475 (+74 per level)
Mana – 250 (+37.5 per level)
HP Regen - 3.8 (+.4 per level)
Damage - 52 (+2.3 per level)
Attack Range – Melee, unless stated otherwise
Armor - 34 (+3.6 per level)
Magic Res - 36 (+2.5 per level)
Attack Speed - .715 (+1.5% per level)
Move Speed - 300

Abilities:

Frozen to the Core (Passive)

Ashlyn takes less damage from all sources. In addition she empowers herself and her allies to gain additional armor and magic resistance.

-Damage reduction: 1.5 / 3 / 5 (level 1 / 8 / 16)
-Resistance Aura: 3 / 6 / 10% increased armor/magic resist (level 1 / 8 / 16)
-Resistance Aura Range: 25 / 40 / 55 units (level 1 / 8 / 16)

Frozen Slash (Q)

Ashlyn slashes outward with her frozen blade, hitting all enemies in front of her in melee range. All units hit have their damage reduced and are forced to attack her.

- Skill Type: General attack
- Range: Melee (50 units?)
- Strike Damage: 15 / 35 / 60 / 90 / 120 (+1 AD)
- Debuff: Damage done reduced by 1 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 5%
- Debuff Duration: 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 Seconds (Taunt as well)
- Mana Cost: 50 / 50/ 50 / 60 / 65
- Cooldown: 10 seconds

NOTES:
This attack is a cleave attack. It just hits everything in the 180 degree arc in front of Ashlyn reducing their damage done for short time.

Frozen Path (W)

Ashlyn strikes her sword into the ground, sending out a path of ice in front of her, blasting enemies, slowing them and empowering her while on the ice.

- Skill Type: Directional attack (ala Olof’s hatchet throw, shen’s dash)
- Range: 300 units
- Damage: 25 / 40 / 65 / 95 / 130 (+.5 AD)
- Speed Reduction: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30%
- Duration: 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds (Path and slow on targets)
- Empowerment: 5 / 7.5 / 10 / 15 / 20% Speed increase if Ashlyn runs along the path
- Mana Cost: 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 110
- Cooldown: 12 seconds

NOTES:
This works slightly like Nocturns path, although it only goes where the blast goes. It does not track on a person it hits. Even though the path persists for a few seconds, no one running on top of it will get slowed after the initial blast.

Unbreakable Ice (E)

Ashlyn’s armor empowers her. She can focus on the armor to make it almost it hard for even the sharpest of blades to penetrate, or she can be assured that it will protect her.

Toggle off: The thought that her armor is perfect allows her to regain extra mana, and increasing her speed.
- Mana Regen: 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 Mana per 5 seconds
- Speed Increase: 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 3 / 4%

Toggle on: She focus on her armor, increasing its potency at the cost of severe concentration. She also is slowed by the concentration.
- Mana Cost: 20 / 27 / 35 / 45 / 56 mana per second
- Speed Reduction: 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10%
- Armor increase: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 30% More armor and Magic resist

Notes:
-The buff from the Toggled on effect stacks linearly with her passive, not multiplicatively. For example if she had 500 armor and used the last level of her passive and toggled this effect on she would gain 40% More armor/magic resist, not a stacking benefit. This gives her the lower benefit, but stops it from being unreal. (Maths: 40%(500) = 700, 30%(10%(500)) = 715
-This ability is automatically toggled off when She uses her Ultimate.

Artic Winds (Ultimate (R))

Ashlyn calls forth the full extent of her powers, bringing the artic blizzard to the battlefield. She engulfs an area with blizzard that empowers her armor and slows all enemies in the area.

- Skill Type: Area of effect based on target’s position when cast
- Range: Radius is 175 units (I believe that would be slightly smaller than nunu’s. If not, roughly 80% the size of nunu’s AoE)
- Duration: 4 / 5 / 7 seconds
- Enemy Speed reduction: 30 / 35 / 45% While within the circle.
- Enemy Attack Speed Reduction: 10 / 15 / 20 % While within the circle
- Armor bonus: 7 / 10 / 12% to Armor and Magic Resistance (Friendly units receive half the benefit)
- Damage Reduction: 3 / 6 / 10% Damage reduction (Friendly units receive half the benefit)
- Mana Cost: 145
- Cooldown: 140 / 125 / 110 seconds

NOTES:
- The Bonuses stack the same way as explained with the “E” ability with her passive.
- Using her Ultimate toggles her “E” ability off for the duration the Ultimate lasts.
- The benefits / effects work only within the AoE of the Ultimate.

Ability Synergies/Tactics:
Ashlyn is a heavy control tank. No silences or stuns, just a truck load of snares and the ability to reduce damage coming in greatly. She has an AoE taunt so that it can be great and troubling at the same time, as it can pull too much onto her. She has very good combos to use based on the situation. Her Frozen Path ability allows her to run from enemies or catch them. She can retreat quite well if she toggles on her Unbreakable ice, which reduces her speed, but then use the Frozen Path to regain that speed and keep the bonus to her armor. Her greatest ability is to reduce damage coming in, using her Frozen Path to charge head first into battle and then she can immediately lay down her Ultimate. This allows her to essentially charge into a battle and encase the opposing team in a Blizzard, allowing her team to pounce or at the same time save melee that might have gotten in over their head. For her, its all about building up her armor and magic resist to increase those bonuses as much as possible.

Recommended Items:
Aegis of the Legion: This item works perfectly with her abilities and her passive.
Sunfire Cape: Due to Ashlyn’s horrendous damage output, this helps nicely.
Warden’s Mail: Great for the control nature of Ashlyn
Force of Nature: Helps with the stacking of her resistances
Mercury’s Treads: Again, speed boost and the magic resist
Wits End: Can help with the lower damage of Ashlyn, and has Magic Resist
Warmog’s Armor: This helps greatly with armor and health since Ashlyn has a low health pool.

On a side note, Thorn mail would be a horrible item for Ashlyn. She is all about reducing the incoming damage, so it wouldn’t work well with her abilities.

Quotes:
On Ultimate Use: “Ha! As if you could handle the mountains!”
“Your hearts will be frozen sooner or later”
“Do you understand the term: Dead Cold?”
“Hahaha, Was that cold?”

Oh look, Concept art by yours truly. And its bad, because I spent roughly 5 minutes sketching it.

NevosoInverno

04-16-2011

No thoughts/suggestions/comments ?

:-(

Gash Manko

04-16-2011

A queen,Ashe+Caitlyn=Ashlyn!,using cold

Huh

Where have I heard this before?

Also her Ulti,Anivia ulti?!

NevosoInverno

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpos View Post
A queen,Ashe+Caitlyn=Ashlyn!,using cold

Huh

Where have I heard this before?
Not where I got the name, but now I see the quick connection. And if you read the lore... you'd have understood the frost aspect. Constructive responses would be appreciated...

Gash Manko

04-16-2011

Sorry dude,I just can't support it.Its just not

ORIGINAL

It just feels like a bunch of other heroes put together ><

NevosoInverno

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpos View Post
Sorry dude,I just can't support it.Its just not

ORIGINAL

It just feels like a bunch of other heroes put together ><

You don't think the concept is in the least bit original for tanking style? I mean the moves arn't going to be 100% original, but I couldn't find a tank that works the way I intend her to work. Use of slows to control the target, and high damage reduction. No stuns, no knock in the airs, no silences, no immunities, etc.

AugustoTDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

REALLY like the idea.
It would be nice having a female tank besides Taric.

Comrade00

04-18-2011

"Q" sounds funny i would like to see that skill in action and the speed should be like 310 atleast, 300 is way to slow for a tank