[Champion Suggestion] Serpentus, Will of the River

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yahtz

04-16-2011

Here is a hero concept I've been fooling around with, numbers can be changed. Feel free to comment on anything that seems to need adjustments.

Serpentus, Will of the River

Role: Mage, Bruiser, Melee

Background: Serpentus is the genius loci of the Serpentine River (the river that runs through Summoner’s Rift), that was brought into being through the countless matches taking place in Summoner’s Rift.

Serpentus is a melee battle caster that specializes in disrupting battles and playing the role of initiator.

Stats:
Health: 425 (+90)
Health Regen: 7.15 (+0.75)
Mana: 230 (+36)
Mana Regen: 6.5 (+0.5)
Damage: 51.5 (+3.4)
Armor: 15 (+2.5)
Attack Speed: 0.62 (+1.6)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.35)
Range: 125
Movement Speed: 310

Quote:
Q - Ebb:
Serpentus releases a wave which will expand outwards dealing ((40/70/100/130/160) + (0.5 per ability power point)) magic damage, knocking back enemy units in its path and gains the ability to use Flow for 6 seconds.

Q - Flow:
Serpentus pulls Ebb's wave back to him dealing ((40/70/100/130/160) + (0.5 per ability power point)) magic damage and knocking back enemy units in its path.

Cooldown: 12 seconds
Mana Cost: 40/45/50/55/60
Spell Range: 350
* The knock back is very minor and does not interrupt channeled spells.
* Casting Flow costs mana.
*When casting Ebb Serpentus' model shrinks and when Flow returns or the wave ends Serpentus grows.
* A stationary unit hit by both parts of Ebb and Flow will not move anywhere (Flow pushes the unit forwards and Ebb pulls it back.)
Notes:
Serpentus' first move. An AOE dealing damage an minor damage. Casting Flow allows him to pull the wave back to where Serpentus currently is meaning Flow's knock back brings enemies CLOSER to Serpentus while Ebb knocks them away.
Quote:
W - Drown:
Serpentus disperses itself into the body of a target unit, silencing the target and dealing (70/120/170/220/270 + (1.0 per ability power point)) magic damage over time for the 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Mana Cost: 85 Mana
Spell Range: 700
* Serpentus becomes invulnerable while Drown is active.
* When Drown ends Serpentus will reappear next to the targeted unit.
* While Drown is active can only cast Mark.
Notes:
I wanted Serpentus to have a unique way to be durable, but at a cost. With Drown doing the job. Drown allows him to become much beefer (by simply not being able to be targeted) while limiting his damage (unable to cast any spells or autoattack) while still offering some team utility (silencing the Drowning target).
Reason behind the damage:
Malzahar's Malefic Visions deals (80/140/200/260/320) (+(0.8 per ability power point)) over 4 seconds with a cooldown of 15/13/11/9/7 seconds.
Damage is in line with Malzahar's Malefic Visions, slightly weaker flat damage, but higher scaling to prevent tanks that stack no ability power being able to get easy kills.
The cooldown seems a tad high because I wanted to avoid Drown spamming to become unkillable.
Also combining with Mark & Reform allows Serpentus to double cast Drown.

Quote:
E - Mark:
Serpentus marks its current health and position and enables Reform for 5 seconds.
Cooldown: 90/80/70/60/50
Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 Mana
Quote:
E - Reform:
Serpentus has 5 seconds to disperse and reform at the Marked location, reverting its health to the Marked values.
* If Mark is cast while Serpentus is either Drowning or Consuming, casting Reform will reapply Drown or Consume.
I felt that this was a tricky skill to decide how long it in between Mark and Reform and how long the cooldown should be. I decided the best way to try to balance this was using a decent mana cost combined with a hefty cooldown. Assuming at level 2 a Serpentus attempts to harass with a Drown-Reform-Drown it will cost 250 mana, which he will have about 250-300 mana at that point. An entire health bar for a minor harassment which will end up with him on the enemy tower.

Quote:
R - Consume:
Serpentus consumes an enemy champion, dealing (300/510/720 + (0.6 per ability power point)) magic damage over time, and keeping the enemy hero inside Serpentus’ body for 2/3/4 seconds.
Cooldown: 150/130/110
Mana Cost: 150 Mana
Spell Range: 500
* Consumed champion can still attack and cast spells.
* Consume reduces Serpentus' movement speed.
* Consume cannot be cleansed out of.
* Can’t cast Drown while Consuming.
* While being consumed the Consumed champion can only target Serpentus.
* Any damage Serpentus takes (except from the Consumed) is dealt to the Consumed as true damage, increases each level. (20%/40%/60%)
* When Consuming an enemy champion, Serpentus grows in size.
* Any damage Consumed takes (except from Serpentus) is dealt to Serpentus as true damage, decreases each level (100%/80%/60%).
Notes:
While some might say Consume seems overpowered take this into consideration. Any damage taken by the Consumed target (except from Serpentus) is dealt as true damage to Serpentus. Meaning if he consumed a hero with 2,000 health and brings that hero to his team to kill, Serpentus will missing at least 2,000 health at the end of the fight if his team manages to kill the Consumed hero and vice versa.
Quote:
Passive - Amorphous Recovery:
Serpentus will regenerate 20% percent of recently taken damage over 7 seconds after not receiving damage for 3 seconds. Can stack with itself.
Notes:
Once Amorphous Recovery kicks in the buff will stay on, even if attacked.

Quote:

Quote:
Upon selection:

Summoner's Rift will be mine... before the end.

Movement/attacking:

I'll drown them all...
Why have I surfaced?

By ebb... and flow...

Taunt
<>
Joke
<>
Will be adding more information as soon as I find time.

blah28722

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

Does ebb & flow interrupt channeling spells? He can keep a caster/dps that relies on spells disabled for a full 10 seconds already!

He can also mark, consume, reform, drown, and E&F for a near-guaranteed kill (plus long disable). Doing so costs him no mana, as mark would restore nearly all of it!

His long cooldowns also means that he'll be extremely weak in lane. The lack of a farming ability on a champion that's expected to build AP and mana is a serious issue.

Yahtz

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah28722 View Post
Does ebb & flow interrupt channeling spells? He can keep a caster/dps that relies on spells disabled for a full 10 seconds already!
Wasn't planning on Ebb and Flow interrupting Channeling Spells. (Stating that Ebb and Flow won't interrupt channeled spells.)

Quote:
He can also mark, consume, reform, drown, and E&F for a near-guaranteed kill (plus long disable). Doing so costs him no mana, as mark would restore nearly all of it!
... Actually you're right, going to have to nerf Mark and Reform. (Removed the mana aspect of Mark and Reform)

Quote:
His long cooldowns also means that he'll be extremely weak in lane. The lack of a farming ability on a champion that's expected to build AP and mana is a serious issue.
I was planning on Ebb and Flow being his main farming abilities. Might tweak that cool down a tad. (Reduced cooldown to 13 from 15)

SuperSlothBear

04-16-2011

What does he look like?

check out mine? pilate pristiophoridea, the scholarly sawshark

blah28722

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

Also, with an 80 second cooldown and only a 5 second CD reduction per level (a problem within itself), I don't see a reason to levelling Mark.

My skilling order would probably be R>Q>W>E, with QEQW as the start.

W's scaling leaves something to be desired, as it's three seconds since level 1. Same with R.

He basically has four one point wonders. Q is only taken because it's his farm skill. I would add some progression to his abilities. (2/2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8/3 on W,3/3.5/4 on ult,60/80/100% true dmg on ult, 30/27/24/1/18 second CD on W)

Yahtz

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERSEPOLAR View Post
What does he look like?
Right now I kinda of imagined him looking like a Water Elemental from Warcraft 3, a shape that is vaguely humanoid and composed of water.

(Link to the Water Elemental from Warcraft 3: http://classic.battle.net/war3/image...terelement.gif)

But that being said, I am completely open to any ideas and suggestions to what exactly Serpentus would look like (currently focusing on trying to get his champion abilities as balanced as I can.)

Quote:
Also, with an 80 second cooldown and only a 5 second CD reduction per level (a problem within itself), I don't see a reason to levelling Mark.
I'm going to agree with you on that, But I'm trying to find a way to improve the skill without making it become overpowered.

Quote:
My skilling order would probably be R>Q>W>E, with QEQW as the start.
Gonna agree with you on that.

Quote:
Q is only taken because it's his farm skill.
Also his only AoE damage ability.

Quote:
I would add some progression to his abilities.
Going to add some now that you mentioned it.

(Changed Drown's duration from 3/3/3/3/3 to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.)
(Changed Mark and Reform's cooldown from 80/75/70/65/60 seconds to 90/80/60/50 seconds.)
(Changed Consume's duration from 4/4/4 to 2/3/4)
(Changed damage taken by Serpentus from Consumed champion being hurt from 100%/100%/100% to 100%/80%/60%)
(Changed damage taken by Consumed Champion from Serpentus being hurt from 100%/100%/100% to 20%/40%/60%)

Yahtz

04-17-2011

bump

Rentaromon

04-17-2011

i like the first power. i like the 2nd power. the 3rd can be game breaking, especially when combined with the ultimate. the ultimate seems annoying, not only will enemys kill their teammate but your teamates will kill u!!!!

aside from the ultimate i like it.

Yahtz

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentaromon View Post
the ultimate seems annoying, not only will enemys kill their teammate but your teamates will kill u!!!!
Ya I added the teammates dealing damage to Serpentus to prevent him from constantly reaching out and grabbing someone and dragging them to his team (similar to how people taunt-drag their enemies to their deaths.)

SuperSlothBear

04-19-2011

Yeah so back to the design(its what i like). I like the water elemental look, but only if he has like fish swimming around in his body and the such. He should also increase and decrease in size in time with the effects of ebb and flow