Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sion Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VortexMagus

02-27-2010

Quote:
Judah the Lion:
DPS Sion is better than AP after mid game by at least two fold, but if you do go AP, I'd pick up RoA, Berserk boots, Guinsoo's (you're probably 14ish here, and you're going to want to transition into more of a damage element due to how poorly AP scales late game, yet your abilities set you up for DPS well enough regardless), I.E., maybe a def. item, and the game won't go past that.

Hybrid AP is the only viable AP build that can survive late game, but it still has a lot of steam left at 18 compared to flat AP.

its no wonder your AP sion sucks twice as hard as your dps sion, if you're running a build like that.

AP works extremely well on sion. After sheen, run mejai -> lich bane -> other ap items if you're going ap, and don't expect to tank at all, cause you won't be able to.

DPS sion can tank much better, but is extremely mediocre until late game, compared with ap sion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VasudeVa

02-27-2010

Quote:
VortexMagus:
its no wonder your AP sion sucks twice as hard as your dps sion, if you're running a build like that.

AP works extremely well on sion. After sheen, run mejai -> lich bane -> other ap items if you're going ap, and don't expect to tank at all, cause you won't be able to.

DPS sion can tank much better, but is extremely mediocre until late game, compared with ap sion.

I have to disagree. AD Sion is viable from level 1 onwards. 1 point in Gaze is all you need to dominate your lane with its 2 second stun, and Level 2 Enrage is basically a free BF sword. Anyone with a BF sword will dominate early on provided that he is not an idiot. Then leveling caress allows you to ignore the damage of 1 or 2 nukes.

Later on when you have better items, you can even Solo Baron. Even with subpar items, you can still take on Baron with one or two DPS by your side since your ult will heal all of you and then you kill Baron with Full HP.

I have no idea why people prefer AP sion to AD sion when Enrage is borderline OP early game. That and his ulti is just too good. Why make it useless by stacking AP and increasing damage of Death's Caress and Gaze when these two skills are subpar compared to the awesomeness of Enrage and his Ult.

Also, getting a Mejais puts big red bullseye on your ass and you can say goodbye to any damage dealt by Caress.

So, why go AP?