armor or magic resistance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoopaTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-26-2010

once a game starts, I can never figure out if I should build towards armor or magic resistance :/

or should i just go with armor (for a tank, for example) regardless?

any help with identifying which heroes use magic and which use physical damage?

are attack skills considered magic or physical (even if it's idk, malphite's ground pound or something)?

yea pretty dumb question I guess.. sorry :/

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-26-2010

magic resistance, abilities normally kill u not, autoattacks.

Orionis

02-26-2010

most abilities dish out magic damage so if you're dying to nukers most then go magic resist, or auto attackers most then go more armour

Copybass

Recruiter

02-26-2010

Obviously it would depend. What's on the opposing team? Lots of spellcasters = Magic Resistance and a Banshee's Veil. Lots of Physical DPSers = Armor, probably including either Thornmail/Guardian Angel. If you're Rammus, Armor would be the main choice, but if you were say Alistar, the focus would be completely elsewhere, on HP.

Andromansis

02-26-2010

Yar, look at their team comp.

I was playing as Mordekaiser yesterday and had their entire team dump their ultimates on me.
I survived and almost made it from their second turret to my first turret in the lane.
Almost.
I had a force of nature and mercury's treads, and thats it for magic resist.