Share your Nasus builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malphismia

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
Early Sheen is for farming Q faster because you can Q last-hit while the minion is at higher hp(just farm slightly to one hit kill ranged minion from full with Sheen) which means more Q last hit since you can always have Q on cd and last hit everything.

Bonus mana is also useful.
Yeah I thought about it. Sheen vs. Brutalizer because they're near the same cost range.

Brutalizer gives AD/ArPen, plus CDR for more Qs. I don't usually need help last-hitting with Q, because spirit fire brings all the creeps close to last-hit health. Just depends on if you're building Youmuu's or Trinity Force first.

S B

04-18-2011

I've been playing some Nasus lately, and I fully intended on buying him after his rotation is up. One big question I have is, when do you go for the Triforce after Sheen? Like I'll usually go Mercs/Sheen/Aegis, then I'll start building tanky (GA/Sunfire/BV). So how do you know when to stop building tanky to finish the Triforce?

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
I've been playing some Nasus lately, and I fully intended on buying him after his rotation is up. One big question I have is, when do you go for the Triforce after Sheen? Like I'll usually go Mercs/Sheen/Aegis, then I'll start building tanky (GA/Sunfire/BV). So how do you know when to stop building tanky to finish the Triforce?
When you start leaving teamfights with over 30% hp and all enemies dead, you can start finishing the triforce.

Though if people get away too often a phage is possible since it also gives hp.

S B

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
When you start leaving teamfights with over 30% hp and all enemies dead, you can start finishing the triforce.

Though if people get away too often a phage is possible since it also gives hp.
Sounds good, and I've noticed a lot of people prefer FoN over Banshees on Nasus. Is it really that much better for him over Banshees?

Fluffyburrito

04-18-2011

My build is also pretty standard, with just a few minor tweaks. I prefer going 1v2 or 2v2 lanes, because honestly Nasus has a lot of trouble in a 1v1 situation against ranged harassment.

I start with boots X 3. I tried doran's, regrowth, etc. but I just found this to be the best start for me personally. Plenty of health pots for the harassment you'll probably take, and the boots let you farm Q a LOT easier without having to spam E so much. (Hit and run last hit tactics.)

If I'm 1v2 I'll get one level of Q and the rest E to keep the creeps off my tower and provide openings for Q farming. I almost never use W unless I want to avoid a gank or help with one. (It costs a ton of mana) 2v2 I'll mostly prioritize Q to help with harassing. If my ally and I both suck at harassing I'll stick with E to provide farming openings.

I farm up a sheen (to help with farming and let myself provide a lot more damage in teamfights) and then mercs. Then I farm up Aegis and the rest depends, but usually it's:

Boots X 3 health pots
Sheen
Mercs
Sunfire or FoN depending on what enemy is fed
Brutalizer
Trinity Force finish
FoN or Sunfire
Ghostblade
Guardian Angel

Exulen

04-18-2011

I tend to build Nasus as an AD nuke. I rush sheen and build trinity, dodge or cc reduc boots, then a mix of bloodthirster, black cleaver, and infinity edge depending on what I need against the enemy team. all the while building up q. I normally am able to get q to 300+ bonus damage.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
Sounds good, and I've noticed a lot of people prefer FoN over Banshees on Nasus. Is it really that much better for him over Banshees?
It is only a little more MR, but you lose the hp and mana(hp defends against all types of damage instead of only magical, and mana lets you spam more spells; you are worthless without a farmed Q and lv5 W; and running out of mana to cast ulti at the critical moment is the worse thing you can ever do).

I only get Fon after BV as an luxury item if the other team has 4 magic damage-dealing champions(most tanks gets included).
----------------------------
As for the sheen vs. brutalizer argument:
I do not get ghostblade so brutalizer is not very useful. For farming: it is better to one-hit-kill ranged minion and let the CD start early than autoattack once and then Q; the damage is very noticable and minions' armor are not high enough for the Arpen on brutalizer to work.

With mastery + rune(per level glyph) + frozen heart, Nasus already has around 32% cdr. Just one Raduins will make it almost 40%(I wish that cdr on raduins did not get nerfed...).

I am going to start building Trinity+last whisper + all defense item if I get fed enough(if not, I can still farm up very easily).