[GUIDE] Melee Kassadin - AKA Inyourfaceagainadin, AKA Hashashadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

07-13-2010

full AP is still more viable than you think

SwiftExecution

07-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lier View Post
Guess who's build just got a buff!

With his passive and W buff both being melee oriented, if this build was viable before, it's going to be WONDERFUL now.

Course, I still may want to go a bit more Hybrid, but hey, I think that's what the Devs had in mind.
You mean look who's build just got ruined? no more mana leech

Carewarwuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2010

you gain mana on attacks , you dont leech mana on attacks, it mean enemy mana is not going down.

ExpandingEye

07-13-2010

I'm kind of disappointed by the mana drain, because it made him very unique, but it was very rarely used against champions; the mana gain now is kind of interesting.

Mana drain could have still worked if the % return was higher.

Takipsilim

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voistriser View Post
Great guide, but I still want to say that I don't agree with AD kassadin at all
You stated a few things that counter AD kassadin.
The thing is though. Nothing counters AP kassadin because he's just a jerk.

Kassadin was built to be an assasin, not a fighter. If you want someone who can jump in and melee, play Jax. Kassadin is not for you.

Let's not forget that Kassadin is actually categorized as a fighter by the game developers, not as assassin. His tags are as follows: Mage, slow, farmer, melee, carry, fighter.

Incidentally one of Jax's tags are assassin (Fighter, assassin, stun, tough, carry, melee).

Before you troll, I know you're going to say that AP Kassadins are built to be assassins by player tendencies and not game developer preferences... so my point is probably moot with respect to the most mainstream Kassadin playstyles ... so enough of that.

(but before that let me just troll the trollers by pointing out that even the game developers clearly respect the fact that he can have different playstyles, hence the tip "Kassadin has multiple item paths, he can go caster via mana and ability power, dps'er with attack speed, and anti caster w/cooldown reduction and Magic Resist." in his profile.)

Anyway, this post's primary concern is asking the threadstarter if his guide is still applicable now with the reworks on Kassadin's Netherblade and Void Stone. My understanding is that with the 50 Armor Penetration at level 5 Netherblade, the game developers are clearly encouraging a shift towards a more melee than AP playstyle, of course at the expense of his mana drain capacity.

Has anybody following this guide already tried it with this week's patch?

I think the concern about his Netherblade being useless against Ninjas and other Mana-less champions has been pretty much resolved with him gaining mana from anything he slashes at; but did the rework render Kassadin nerfed without his trademark mana drain ability?

Does this mean that we can now reconsider giving him wit's end just to compensate for that loss?

I'm still pretty noobish with Kassadin and so far my attempts at building a melee Kassadin have been epic fails. I am decent with him as AP but my concern with such a build is that he REALLY NEEDS a GOOD team if he intends to win being AP burst. You may get a lot of kills but w/o a decent team you end up the last man standing (on your team) in 5v5s and if there are 2 remaining heroes (tanks or fighters) in their team, you cannot expect to solo them in lategame and you still pretty much end up helplessly watching as they destroy your nexus. Having no survivability, a bad team pretty much means a loss for an AP Kassadin..

I am hoping the threadstarter can indulge me by explaining how his own build can augment Kassadin's survivability... I mean, indeed the +300HP give by triforce is really a pittance... Will his lifesteal and attack speed compensate?

Zuthuzu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-17-2010

Takipsilim, pretty much my thoughts. Questions, questions, no answers, need extensive playtesting. The only certain consideration is that for melee builds there is a definite solution for both utility and survival: Frozen Mallet. One can argue that with Force Pulse you don't need on-hit slow, but no, if you're melee, you want to chop on target consistently, and most of the time target is on the run. Slowing with FP is nice and all, but its' duration is still shorter than CD, and it's not always filled up for use. So, FM is a must. Also, 700 health, duh.

Deaths Envoy

07-17-2010

Personally, i think if Riot wants kassadin to have a good place as a fighter, they need to tweak his stats. His armor starts at 17 which is really low for a fighter. as for his base magic resist, its 30 like most other champions, the only problem is that it does not scale with level, so at 18 you will still only have 30 magic resist from base stats, where other champions MR increases around 1-1.3 mr per level. this pretty much negates the MR he gets from his passive.

Takipsilim

07-17-2010

aright thanks!~

VeritasLuxMea

07-17-2010

Interesting idea and certainly more viable with the recent changes, however i will stand by AP Kassadin. His Q,E,and R simply scale too well with AP/Magic Pen to warrant an AD build. You make the comment that you cant understand why people neglect his passive. The answer is because in order to take advantage of his passive you have to neglect 3 of his other skills. If you really want to try an alternate kassadin build i suggest you try hybrid AP/Tank Kassadin. Rod of Ages -> Frozen Heart -> Abyssal Scepter.

malphismia

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuthuzu View Post
Takipsilim, pretty much my thoughts. Questions, questions, no answers, need extensive playtesting. The only certain consideration is that for melee builds there is a definite solution for both utility and survival: Frozen Mallet. One can argue that with Force Pulse you don't need on-hit slow, but no, if you're melee, you want to chop on target consistently, and most of the time target is on the run. Slowing with FP is nice and all, but its' duration is still shorter than CD, and it's not always filled up for use. So, FM is a must. Also, 700 health, duh.
He builds Trinity Force. That has a chance to proc slow.