[GUIDE] Melee Kassadin - AKA Inyourfaceagainadin, AKA Hashashadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vindico Atrum

04-23-2010

Great guide, but its just not enough to swimg me from Sniperdin. Giving up insane nukes and a ~5s cd flash to go melee isn't for Kass, leave jax to do his job. Kassadin has without a doubt one of the best ultimates in the game, and rivals Kat/Jax in chasing. With enough MagicPen/Mana/AP, there is nothing he can't do.

Priamos

04-24-2010

I tried this coming from AP Kassadin, and I honestly couldn't get over my old habits from AP Din, so I guess I'm sticking with him. Nice guide, though.

However, I have one bone to pick: I don't like the idea of starting with a Vampiric Scepter, since that item only works well on people with a strong laning game. Such as Ashe, Teemo, Tristana, Nidalee, etc. People like Shaco and Kassadin, who suffer in the laning phase, shouldn't use such an item. Instead, starting with Doran's Shield is better, and you can sell it once laning ends, which is what I always did for characters with a crappy laning phase game.

xDiamantx

04-24-2010

I didn't follow your guide except for the triforce and ignite.

I did pretty well get 3.0 kdrs but then I guess I got cocky cause I started to suck lol, either that or my team just got worse and worse.

I used malady, mercury treads, and triforce for my core build. Most of the gameended there as the other team either surrendered or their nexus was destroyed.

Joppanator

05-10-2010

just a question...why not wit's end?

EchoRex

05-10-2010

Because it is the single worst item in the game outside of the entire enemy team super stacking armor and you playing a champion that is all auto attack and can max attack speed fairly easily. In that single scenario, you take wits end and Madred's Bloodrazor on top of your LW and Youmu's so that you aren't completely gimped damage wise.

Ebonclaw

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppanator View Post
just a question...why not wit's end?
Well, for the sake of argument, let's just assume that it's a valid item choice. My problem, if it were good for Kass, is that in looking at the performance difference between say Boots1+Vamp+Zeal, or Boots1+Wit's, I would have to say that the run speed helps make Kass extremely dangerous in the early game. Your ability to get on a minimally geared opponent and maintain a consistent stream of damage from initiation until their death, is your strength. Wit's End has no run speed, but also falls short in consistency as well, for this reason:

There are really 3 types of champion's in LoL, for sake of this discussion -

Mana Heavy champions: These champions, mages typically, enjoy a huge mana pool. These are the people whom Wit's End will be somewhat effective against, but bear in mind that mages often have some MR in their basic gear build, so damage will be somewhat marginalized, compared to a similar amount of physical damage.

Mana Light champions: These are physical carries and tanks, for the most part. If you consider an opponent with perhaps 700 mana, then yes you would drain them rather fast. Here's the problem - you're relying on your Nether Blade to replace your need for Mana or Mana Regen itemization, and if you drain them to empty too fast, then you starve. Beyond that, you only do damage with Wit's when mana is removed, so if they are OOM, you lose your damage increase.

Manaless champions: When I first started playing Kass, you had Tryndamere, Katarina, and Doctor Mundo as manaless champs. I always felt bummed when I saw any of them (though 1/5 with no mana is generally not too big a deal), and had occasional rough games when 2 enemies had no mana to drain. Now several more manaless champions have been released (and it sounds as if the next few are planned to have 'alternative' resources to manage), and to them you will not do any damage with Wit's End at all, ever. And these champions are very popular lately - in fact one of my TT tests with Kass was a total disaster, as the enemy lineup was Mundo-Mordekaiser-Kennan.

At any rate, assuming you had an enemy team who all would be ideal candidates for Wit's, I still don't see any place in the build for it. As I've said before, Zeal seems to be the perfect early/cheap item to get Kass 'moving'. Once you've gotten Zeal, it only makes sense to push towards Trinity as quickly as you can, as each item added gives you useful stats, and the full Trinity passive is a BIG boost to your damage stream when you finally complete it. Once there you really need to just add some raw damage to your setup (unless you're really cooking, and then Stark's comes next, which will do you more good than Wit's, in fact, apparently anything will :P).

blogg

05-11-2010

I ve been an avid kass player once ... AD works as good as AP its just the role you play is different . They are bot efficient builds but require different play-style. Pure ap relies more on the team at start and on some KS to get the ap up with soul stealer. AD doesn't.

There are a few trolls in this tread that don't agree with this guide and come with 1 sentence arguments (AP > AD nuff said ! sort of thing ) . These posters are morons .. ignore them.

If you disagree with something back it up with real arguments (ie: the mele build is not so efficient without cleanse if you are against a heavy exhaust/ CC team , or against certain champs with anti AD builds (malph centred on E skil)

Congrats to the OP for a well written guide.

Farelthan

05-26-2010

Just carried two games in a row going mid with this build, laned against a shen first and a pantheon second, both of whom ragequit before level eight.

Really recommend this build

Krald

05-26-2010

Sounds sweet, would love to test. What do you think of wit's end on AD kass?

The Lier

07-12-2010

Guess who's build just got a buff!

With his passive and W buff both being melee oriented, if this build was viable before, it's going to be WONDERFUL now.

Course, I still may want to go a bit more Hybrid, but hey, I think that's what the Devs had in mind.