Tank seals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsiphon

02-25-2011

Is armor/level or flat better? I assumed that per level would be just because even though it evens at level 9 or so, that's when armor is the most important, and after that the per level builds up alot.

LateralGrudge

02-25-2011

As a tank, you have more armor than non-tanks early game as it is, so i would go with /level over flat for the reason that you get more out of it.

DoransTroll

02-25-2011

Also, tanks don't have innate MR growth, so be aware of that.
Different tanks (and runes/masteries) have very different play style and stat growth. While just about any set of seals is serviceable, resource seals (mana/energy) are advisable so you can dump your gold purely into other stats.

But if I have to choose between those two, I'd go with mostly flat. A full rune set will equate to a tier 1 or 2 item, which is like buying an extra cloth armor at the end of the game. It helps, and it can be very noticeable--but it's not needed.

Stetto

02-25-2011

Agreed.

I don't see why people always think they need special runes for tanking, especially when they've got a full caster rune page.

MPen, MP5/level and CD-reduction are all good runes for most tanks, because you'll be buying MR and Armor anyway.

Therefor, I'd suggest getting mana regen instead of armor, especially, because there are a lot of really good armor items out there (Randuin's, Sunfire, Glacial Shroud), but only few good MR items for tanks (Force of Nature, Banshee's Veil).

If you really want to choose between these two, I'd suggest "per level"-seals, if you're not planning to jungle in the near future and flat ones if you want to give jungling a try, too.