Kanden, the Product of Progress

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

Character Summary:
The concept here is an immensely tanky mage with low damage, and the ability to push people around. Based entirely off the idea that "the Juggernaut would totally stomp all over the League", I decided to turn him into a champion concept that would be fun to play, and bring a unique "move the enemy where they don't want to be" role alongside Singed, Blitzcrank, and Alistar.

First and foremost, I want him to be Rammus or Tankmorde levels of obnoxiously sturdy. The Method I chose was to give most of his abilities low damage but defensive boosts on all of his abilities, as well as a plethora of soft CC, knockback, and, MAYBE one hard CC.

So... true tank.

The character us a construct built to contain a dangerous gravitational anomaly that began moving under its own power.

Abilities:

Passive: Juggernaut
Kanden's Black Hole generator fires into overdrive as he takes damage, increasing his density. Kanden recieves 1% Damage Reduction and 1% AoE slow every time an enemy champion damages him. Caps at 20%. DoT abilities only stack this passive on the first tick.
Duration:
4 seconds, refreshes on hit

Q - Big Bang Punch
Kanden gathers immense weight into his fist, and unleashes a bonecrushing punch that stuns his target, and lowers their Armor and MR. Stun duration is based on Juggernaut stacks.
Additional damage:
15/25/35/50/65 + 0.3 of total AP
Mana cost:
Defence reduction %:
10/10/15/15/20
Stun:
0 stacks - No Stun
5 stacks - 1 second
10 stacks - 1.5 seconds
15 stacks - 2 seconds
20 stacks - 2.5 seconds
Cooldown:
Range:

Notes:
Wanted Kanden to have a hard CC. But on such a tanky character, I figured it needed some criteria. At 0 stacks, it doesn't stun at all. Nothing. At 5 stacks it recives a 1 second stun and progresses from there, becoming noticably stronger at a full 20 stacks. It's very spammable, which is basically incentive to avoid targetting Kanden before higher priotrity targets if possible, as once Kanded hits 20 stacks, he becomes very difficult to stop. His disruption ability becomes very high, and it becomes much harder to kill his teammates.

W - Under Pressure
Kandens intense gravity condenses his body, making his armor more durable.

Passive Armor/MR:
10/20/30/40/50

Active ability doubles the figures, but he loses the passive when the duration ends. While active, Kanden recieves two Juggernaut stacks per hit instead of one.

Mana Cost:
Duration:
10 seconds
Cooldown:
15 seconds starting after duration

Notes:
This is basically Rammus' Defense Curl combined with Wuju Style in that Kanden loses the passive after use. In a teamfight, this allows him to take advantage of the initial CC/AoE/Burstspam to try and stack his passive as high as possible so he can start his obnoxious skullpunching as soon as possible. The idea is to make Kanden less of a pure hard CC tank. Instead, he helps to counter AoE spam. Spam AoE, and Kanden will absorb the damage, hit 20 stacks, and start pummeling your team.

E - Rampage:
Kanden throws all his weight forward and charges headlong through any obstacle in his path. Rampage is a channelled toggle ability that forces Kanden to stomp forward at in increased speed. He ignores unit collisions, and instead, knocks all enemies his hits to the side of his path (weak knockback, does not stun or disrupt). Kanden deals damage in a small AoE around him. Kandens Q and R both end Rampage. W and item abilities are unaffected, with the exception of Zhonyas.

Damage per second:
15/30/45/60/75 + 0.4 of total AP
Initial Mana cost:
Per second mana cost:
Movespeed %:
5/10/15/20/25
Cooldown:

Notes:
Come on. I based him off the Juggernaut. How could I not include a stomping charge? This is what lets him push people around. Used correctly, he can cut someone off and push them back towards his team, as well, it gives him some chasing and escape ability. It's channeled so it can be cancelled, which is something I always saw as annoying about Rammus' roll. You stun him and then he just rolls at you faster. Rage inducing.

R - Immovable Object:
Kanden unleashes the full power of his Black Hole core, drawing enemies towards himself, dealing damage upon impact with his hard metal body. Kandens density increases exponentially , increasing his Armor and MR significantly and making him immune to CC for the duration of the channel. Enemies standing inside the field are slowed.

Damage:
200/300/400
Mana Cost:
100/150/200
Slow %:
20/40/60
Armor/MR:
40/70/100
Duration:
Cooldown:
Range:

Notes:
This is sort of the reverse of Jannas ultimate. Instead of pushing people away, it draws them towards him. Instead of healing allies, it damages enemies. This makes sense to me in that Janna being a support, she saves lives by pushing enemies away. Kanden draws fire towards himself. The defence boost and CC immunity is just to make it "aw ****, I'm stuck". My MAIN concern with this ability is the range. It's not a taunt or a stun or anything, but it's very similar to Singeds Fling or Blitz pull, but AoE. Which could potentially be VERY powerful. It can be Flashed or Blinked out of, which I think offsets it quite a bit. I'd considered having people walk in during the duration slammed off of Kanded as well, but I feared that would be too strong, and so all latecomers suffer from is the slow, and the futility of pounding on Kanden during the duration.

Quotes:

Upon selection:
I shall stop at nothing.

Taunt:
Find me an unstoppable force, and I'll pound it flat.

Joke:
Your weapons cannot harm me!
We will, we will, stomp you! (To the tune of Queen - We will Rock You)

Dance:
Kanden stomps his foot twice, then claps. Again to the tune of We will Rock You.

Final Notes:
My biggest concern with Kanden is that he remain viable as a tank, while not being completely gamebreaking. I used the abilities and ratios of other tank champions. I tried to make his ult comparble to Amumu, Galio, and Janna in particular. He has some hard CC, but he needs to build up for it, and as he has no taunts, it's very possible to just ignore him and not stack his passive.

As a character, he's got incredible base survivability, and with his ratios his only really viable build is tank. Another concern I have is whether he could build himself as tanky DPS. His W would make it a definite possiblity, and I dislike the idea of building a supertank DPS champ.

Other Champ Suggestions:
Brandine, the Beastmistress

SuperSlothBear

04-16-2011

I really like this concept, and it seems as though you've put a lot of thought into it. I'm not really sure what the design is though. Any concept art? What sort of Juggernaut, because i just had The Juggernaut from marvel with his goofy helmet stuck in my head when I read this hahaha. Flesh out his story and the such. Also, check out Pilate Pristiophoridea (hes my champ concept)

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

Thought? Pfft. No. I just build something off a concept. In particular, this one was based of the Juggernaut, which turned into an immovable Gravity based tank champion.

I have no concept art, unfortunately. I'm a horrible artist and I don't like using other peoples artwork for something unrelated to it.

That aside, I envision him as a Black Hole, surrounded by vaguely humanoid parts, held together by his gravitational field and nothing else.

The idea was a Piltover science experiment gone wrong, and when contained, turned into something a bit more than just a mistake.

A bigger mistake, to be precise. Of my champion suggestions, Kandens the only one I have an actual story in mind for. I might flesh it out later.

TheCowGoes

04-16-2011

What if his ult didn't slow in the regular sense, but acted more like a gravity well would? So when walking towards Kanden after he ults and smashes, you speed up, but if you try walking away, you slow down. Plus if you follow an exponential curve-based gravity effect, enemies that were closest aren't going anywhere, but those around the outside can escape easily.

Or if it didn't slow at all and just pulled on champs the closer they were to the center -- i.e., if you stood in his ult after the initial effect, you got pulled towards him passively, so that it slows as you try to leave and speeds you up as you enter on its own.

This could be insanely powerful for AOE based champions. I like it.

Giltia Zero

04-21-2011

Bump

Giltia Zero

05-05-2011

Bump