What is so hard about anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

02-26-2010

I am thinking about buying her and ive seen many people play her and i hear everyone saying shes so hard to play. The combos are simple memorization and the flash frost is the only thing i see might be a little challenging. Once you get the flash forst range down learn her combos and builds shes pretty easy like all the other character you learn. Im just wondering what makes her special about playing her that makes it hard other than flash frost timing,(which really should only take a couple of games) builds, and combos.

SkepticalMind

02-26-2010

It should be fairly obvious, no? Your primary nuke is a slow moving skillshot and Anivia herself is one of the slowest champions in the game. It's very easy to play Anivia at a mediocre level. It's very difficult to play Anivia skillfully or against skilled players. A big part of playing Anivia comes from using her wall to confuse champion pathing and force skillshot hits, rather than to just block off an area.

Kaiokhen

02-26-2010

Idk there is something that makes her hard to play. I bought her and i regret it cauz i cant get to manage him well but i mastered Annie so now i play annie instead of Anivia. I still own Anivia with Annie stun and ulti together is devastating

GENERAL NUTBAKED

02-26-2010

smart wall placement.

her skillshot moves at about 3 miles/hour and anybody that isnt afk can avoid it unless its point blank. that move is half her damage. not to mention that the way to max its utility is to hit it twice with that one move. it does damage on path and on stun, so you have to make sure that the front of the hero gets hit by the path while the back of the hero gets hit by the stun, therefore taking double damage.

this can be quite frustrating to do on small heroes such as shaco and teemo.

oh, and ironically (since she is a bird), she is the ONLY hero with a base movement speed below 300 (shes 290 i think)

RHINO Mk II

02-26-2010

Heh, forget shaco and teemo, try doing it to yi. Yi is almost even small enough that he can slip through your wall.

In my experience, one of the hardest things to learn with anivia is how to spend your mana wisely. You can do a ton of damage, but you go through mana like nobody else can unless you ration your abilities.

dovvntempo

02-26-2010

yeah I agree with skeptical. I manage to land a bunch of flash frosts in mid against my opponent simply with positioning/predicting where they will move to. But I've faced some people who just cannot be nailed down... and I think that's where skillfull placing of W + Q will get those skilled players.

I have yet to see an example of someone placing a wall to the side of someone and launching a flash frost immediately to the other side. ( WWWWWWW enemy Q )

putting wall in front of someone and then firing Q to the side is pretty simple.
_____________ Q
WWWWWWWWWW
____enemy

but doesn't happen a lot because you still need to be kinda close.

Hmm I'm inspired. Not to be a mediocre anivia, but a great one. CAWWW!!!