Armor vs Magic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

02-26-2010

Ive been playing for a while and im confused at what atts do melee and what dose magic. I thought auto att dose melee and all spells do magic but someone tell me i was wrong. Im just confused can someone explain how do you know if it hurts melee for armor or magic for resitance. Im not a complete idiot like ryze dose dammage and yi dose mellee, but more for like sivir dose her boomerrang do melee or magic dammage,stuff like that im confused.

Ty in advance and excuse me for my spelling was in a rush and to lazy to re-read for errors.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaz3king View Post
Ive been playing for a while and im confused at what atts do melee and what dose magic. I thought auto att dose melee and all spells do magic but someone tell me i was wrong. Im just confused can someone explain how do you know if it hurts melee for armor or magic for resitance. Im not a complete idiot like ryze dose dammage and yi dose mellee, but more for like sivir dose her boomerrang do melee or magic dammage,stuff like that im confused.

Ty in advance and excuse me for my spelling was in a rush and to lazy to re-read for errors.
For the most part, abilities will say magic when they mean magic. MOST abilities, as well as some item effects (Madred's Bloodrazor, Sword of the Divine) do Magic Damage. All melee attacks do Physical damage.

Here is a quick list of abilities that deal physical damage. In general, it is most abilities that is based solely off of Physical damage, as well as abilities that modify your next attack:
Sheen/Trinity Force/Lichbane Proc
Poppy's Devastating Blow
Udyr's Tiger Stance trigger
Corki's Gatling Gun
Tryndamere's Spinning Slash
Gangplank's Parrrley
Ashe's Volley
Pantheon's Spear
Pantheon's Heartstabber Strike
Nidalee's Takedown
Shaco's Two-Shiv Poison active
Warwick's Infinite Duress
Nasus's Siphoning Strike

And here are abilities that fall into one of the above categories, but are still Magical Damage:
Katarina's Bounding Blades
Katarina's Death Lotus
Twisted Fate's Pick a Card
Jax's Empower (I think)
Mordekaiser's Mace of Spades (all of the damage is treated as magical)
Kayle's Righteous Fury Bonus damage

Additionally, the following effects are true damage and are not affected by armor or magic resistance:
Malady's Bonus Damage
Executioner's Calling Damage over Time
Corki's Passive
Cho'gath's Feast, if the opponent is under the necessary HP threshold for an instant kill.