level 10 plays with ALL 30s, seriously MM fail!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imapwnyou

04-16-2011

Somebody tell me how it is even remotely fair for a level 10 summoner to be thrown into a game where EVERYONE else is level 30?

Oh and of course the level 10 was placed onto my team by the matchmaking system, I mean why not right?

How is it fair for the level 10 (AND for their team to have such a disadvantage) to go against an enemy team of level 30's. I don't even think level 10's have access to all summoner skills do they?

Are they even allowed to use Flash one of the best summoner skills in the game? They have 10 mastery page points to spend, they probably only have 1/3 of a rune page filled with level/rank 1 type runes, and likely have 0 quintessence runes

Did you guys have a meeting and decide that the above is ACTUALLY fair?!?!

Seriously I'd gladly wait 5+ minutes to get another level 30 instead of that level 10 on my team. At least being level 30 even if they were as bad as that level 10 (and that level 10 player was aweful) AT LEAST I would take comfort in knowing a level 30 has access to all summoner skills and likely has at least 1 full rune page

Cyphotrix

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapwnyou View Post
Somebody tell me how it is even remotely fair for a level 10 summoner to be thrown into a game where EVERYONE else is level 30?
If the level 10 summoner is skilled enough to offset the difference from runes & summoner spells, it can be fair.

Quote:
Oh and of course the level 10 was placed onto my team by the matchmaking system, I mean why not right?
All PvP matches (ranked & normal) are roughly balanced by elo. Chances are that one of the level 30s on the other team had an elo similar to the level 10 on your team. Thus, the match should have been relatively even. (of course, it's impossible to perfectly balance matches due to variations in player performance, and difficult to balance them well at all)

Quote:
How is it fair for the level 10 (AND for their team to have such a disadvantage) to go against an enemy team of level 30's. I don't even think level 10's have access to all summoner skills do they?
As previously stated, if the level 10 is skilled enough, he can still do well against level 30s even while missing runes and summoner spells.

Quote:
Did you guys have a meeting and decide that the above is ACTUALLY fair?!?!
I would guess that an increased wait time would be a direct consequence of level homogeneity in matches.

Quote:
Seriously I'd gladly wait 5+ minutes to get another level 30 instead of that level 10 on my team. At least being level 30 even if they were as bad as that level 10 (and that level 10 player was aweful) AT LEAST I would take comfort in knowing a level 30 has access to all summoner skills and likely has at least 1 full rune page
I'd also guess that many people might get frustrated with a longer waiting time (which would be much more evident at extreme elo levels in a particular level bracket). Also, multi-queuing parties with different levels will always create similar problems to this, no matter riot's matching algorithm (it's probable that this is what happened to you).

That said, keep an eye out for good lower-leveled players in your all-level-30 games. Maybe this was the exception, not the norm, and riot does manage to balance the matches despite level differences =P.

Kakoto Kun

04-16-2011

The level 10 probly qued up with a lvl 30, i do that alot with my friends, im lvl 30 and their lvl 17+, and we play against lvl 15-30's usually, so that lvl 10 just joined que with a friend. Easier to pubstomp if ur on the other team against him ^_^