Shaco deceive and rune questions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beoron

02-26-2010

Ok, I've seen people answer both of these questions differently so I'm curious to see if I can get a definitive answer.

1. Do critical damage runes work with deceive? What about the critical damage mastery?

2. Do armor penetration runes work vs tower and minions, and if so, can you push them into the negative?

I've been building a critical damage/armor penetration page for Ashe, and wondering how well it would work with Shaco. Thanks for any input!

Noveson

02-26-2010

Was just about to ask a question like this. I play shaco and right now I have armor pen marks and quints. I'm not exactly sure as to what I should be getting for seals and glyphs.

From what I've read Armor Pen is the way to go with Shaco.

Beoron

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noveson View Post
Was just about to ask a question like this. I play shaco and right now I have armor pen marks and quints. I'm not exactly sure as to what I should be getting for seals and glyphs.

From what I've read Armor Pen is the way to go with Shaco.
I have armor penetration marks, and am making the rest of my stuff critical damage, which, even if it doesn't work on deceive, is still awesome.

JengaJenga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoron View Post
Ok, I've seen people answer both of these questions differently so I'm curious to see if I can get a definitive answer.

1. Do critical damage runes work with deceive? What about the critical damage mastery?

2. Do armor penetration runes work vs tower and minions, and if so, can you push them into the negative?

I've been building a critical damage/armor penetration page for Ashe, and wondering how well it would work with Shaco. Thanks for any input!
I think it does provide increased critical damage because, after all, deceive gives you 100% crit chance on first hit along with more crit damage. So I suggest....
Step 1: Get all Crit Damage Runes
Step 2: Max Decieve
Sept 3: Roll face on keyboard
Step 4: ?????
Step 5: Crit for over 9000 and Profit.

Fbsunny

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoron View Post

1. Yes critical damage runes and masteries work with decieve.

2. Yes armor pen works on towers and minions, however armor penetration (inlcuding both flat penetration and % penetration) can never cause an enemies armor to go negative. Only armor reduction can do that.

Armor Reduction Items/Abilites: Black Cleaverm Stark's Fervor, Improved Exhuast, Ravage from Eve, Corki's Gattling Gun and most other abilities.

Armor Penetration: Runes and Masteries, brutalizer, SoTD on use, last whisper (%)

Joru

02-26-2010

1. Yes, Deceive counts as a crit as far as Infinity Edge/runes are concerned.

2. Armor penetration works on minions, but they have 0 armor when the game starts and then gradually get some over time. I think I heard it works on towers too, but I'm not sure. Armor penetration cannot reduce armor below zero, but armor REDUCTION (like on Stark's or the Black Cleaver effect) can. Armor reduction applies first, then %penetration (i.e. Last Whisper), then regular penetration, so those other stats can't help it to go negative, either.

EDIT: Whoops, beaten to it.

Noveson

02-26-2010

So right now I have armor pen marks and quints, I might change to full crit later, but what should I be heading towards for my glyphs and seals?

Franz Josef

02-26-2010

I got quints, Marks and Seals on crit dmg (40%) and Glyphs for cd (5.85%). That makes me one-hit every Squishy wihtout an HP Item as soon as I get Infinitys Edge (If our Level is equal)
And Cd is the choice with Glyphs because it means more boxes, more Dummies, more 2-shiv and, last but not least, can save your ass when deceive is available half a second earlier.

Fbsunny

02-26-2010

I would say Marks and Quints either crit damage or armor pen, then seals and glyphs get crit damage.
So either all crit damage or half and half