phanteon or xin zhao?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrianK05

06-30-2011

phanteon or xin zhao?

Diamondragan

06-30-2011

Xin Zhao. Easier to use, safer to use, can jungle, and is not nearly as item reliant.

Pantheon is not for the faint of heart.

ShadowSlyth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2011

Pantheon if you really want to put some time and effort to work out his mechanics efficiently.

VIVr

07-01-2011

You want something viable? Xin Zhao.
You want something MANLY? Pantheon.

PuffyCreamz

07-01-2011

first of all its Pantheon.
2nd of all, they are two very different champions, in what sense do you need a comparison? neither champion is "better" than the other. they both have very different mechanincs and unique styles of game play. if you expect a extensive discussion instead of one word answer then you should explain a little more for what it is you are looking for. im not trying to insult you in anyway, just saying u need to be a little more clear in what it is you are looking for.

Pantheon

Pros Cons
Ranged Skill Mana sometimes hinders his gameplay
Ability to close distance fast Lack of CC
Stun, can instantly stop channels Stun too short
Auto-crit passive Ultimate too long and can be avoidable
good map control lack of verstility (cant jungle at lvl 1)
high damage AOE melee range is very short
aegis protection vs tower lack of attack speed at early game

Xin Zhao

Fast/efficient jungler can get harassed vs ranged dps (ashe)
can heal from hitting towers takes too long to stop channeled ults
lot of cc, knock up, slow ,great attack speed aoe ult + sheild
ability to close distance fast
fast cooldowns on skills
extended melee range
IMO: one of the best carrys

I would play xin over pantheon any day and prefer to play him as a jungler HOWEVER if you already have a jungler (warwick and udyr) who arnt so good at lane, then consider the solo. At early levels xin can easily get harassed if solo (especially against ranged dps and a good support). Plus i have a special place in my heart for demacians. <3 Jarvan, Lux, Xin. Shouts to Garren, Poppy and offcourse Vayne

VengefulMilk

07-01-2011

Personally from playing Pantheon it feels like he's been nerfed to the ground. Almost any other Melee will walk all over you. At least thats how it feels.

iP1ayJarvan

07-01-2011

pantheon = UP melee caster that desperately needs a buff

xin = borderline OP melee AD carry that does almost all things well (lane, jungle, offtank, dps.....etc)

Easy Slay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffyCreamz View Post
Fast/efficient jungler can get harassed vs ranged dps (ashe)
HOW? In a 1v1 situation Xin eats other carries alive. Especially ranged carries.

Xentorx

07-01-2011

I like and play both but i like xin more then panth but they are very diff in playstyle (IMO!) I hardly use Panths ulti much unless i am jumping into a team fight to help out. But i got panth for free so i am not gonna complain about him too much...

PuffyCreamz

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Slay View Post
HOW? In a 1v1 situation Xin eats other carries alive. Especially ranged carries.
lets say you are fighting ashe and you guys are both farmed well. xin charges into ashe and starts his Q but ashe can stun him right away with ECA have time to move back, volley and frost slowing xin. A farmed ashe (phanton dancer + infinity edge) will start doing tremendous damage while slowing xin, where xin cant engage this ashe without the cool down of his E. ashe can simly shoot+slow (if xin is runnign towards her) move back, or (if xin is running away) shoot+slow till hes dead. its a bit tricky.

but early game though when has is squishy, xin can just hit minions to get back his health and ashe is pretty much dead