Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karthus Question?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stipchaser

02-26-2010

When using Requiem please correct me if I am wrong but it seems that would be a critical strike. My question is do the crit strike items apply because its kind of confusing in the explanation. Meaning just using the word damage? So what I am asking is would say like infinities edge make a difference because nobody seems to use that with Karthus and I guess I honestly dont know why? lol!

I realize we are talking about magic damage I think but I'm sorry its kind of confusing lol! I am doing great with that champion BTW but it would be nice to know why some things are a certain way and up until now I can honestly say I was to embarrassed to ask and still don't get it lol!?

Thanks

EnronTheGreat

02-26-2010

Critical strikes are only for melee champions (and gangplank). So Karthus gains no benefit on requiem for crit strike. If you go to the magic tab in the in-game-shop and click ability power, thee items are the ones that enhance the spells Karthus uses.

unR Mohrisbetter

02-26-2010

I'm confused. Requiem is a spell. It does not have the ability to crit. I'm not why you think it would benefit from crit items.

stipchaser

02-27-2010

Quote:
Mohrisbetter:
I'm confused. Requiem is a spell. It does not have the ability to crit. I'm not why you think it would benefit from crit items.

Well "I'm not why", I see now where I was confused thanks to Erons explanation/ response and I thank him. Your response although not helpful at all, in terms of answering my question "why"(?), is greatly appreciated.

Zulishmidu

02-27-2010

It could be he's coming from WoW, where spells can crit.

Easy enough to get confused, when I first came here, it almost got me as well.

Dsantoss

08-14-2014

actually i just played a game with karthus and somehow i had the second highest critical strike at 851, just behind MF's 869. Which is what led me to this thread in the first place out of curiousity

War God Mogis

08-14-2014

I think his q crits. I have the same thing where i will have one of the highest crits even though i spent nothing on crit items.