Just solo queued aaaannnd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bomb in lasagna

02-26-2010

TWO people were afk at champion select! Good thing someone else queue dodged because I didn't want to...Why does it seem like this is happening more(people afk at champ select) ever since they put in the new queue dodge rules? Are people doing this to troll on the game?

PrawnWonton

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb in lasagna View Post
TWO people were afk at champion select! Good thing someone else queue dodged because I didn't want to...Why does it seem like this is happening more(people afk at champ select) ever since they put in the new queue dodge rules? Are people doing this to troll on the game?
This is happening more because the penalty system rewards afk'ers, greifers,and trolls.

Before an AFK'er had a hard time getting into a game. Now it is pretty easy. They can afk farm IP all day long now.

Although why exactly someone would ever need to 'farm' IP is beyond me.

Tegan

02-26-2010

Some AFKers in Champion Select come back in the game (and don't suck). It's happened.

Sedon

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnWonton View Post
This is happening more because the penalty system rewards afk'ers, greifers,and trolls.

Before an AFK'er had a hard time getting into a game. Now it is pretty easy. They can afk farm IP all day long now.

Although why exactly someone would ever need to 'farm' IP is beyond me.
They sure can, unless everyone who sees this happen reports them to Riot.

I haven't even seen one afk'er. It makes me upset that everyone is not reporting.

GrinNfool

02-26-2010

Ya i am getting pretty fed up with this bull **** punishment system. I usually play with a couple friends, and generally only dodge a game to avoid an afk person who doesn't pick a champion. This has been happening a lot lately, and its very frustrating that we are punished with a 5 min timer in which we can not play because some jerk decided to que and then go out for a walk.

If they are gonna make us deal with this idiotic system they should at least allow a for a system in which players can vote a team to disband before starting, and any one who does not vote is made an automatic yes. Make it 4 votes required to succeed and things might be a bit better, but its rediculous my friends and I have to sit there for 5 min doing nothing on the first dodge.

Yes it is 5 min not 3 blatant lie by riot, just dodged tried to reque and had 4:10 on the timer that pops up.

coronaas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

ive made several specific posts warning that this would occur with the auto surrender bot becoming more popular and more just plain griefing with mundo/clairity/revive and auto feeding because they think they will lose and want other people to dodge them

over the last few weeks i tried a little experiment not queue dodging and solo queuing more often then premaking (before the patch went live) my elo is now so low im enjoying stomping single digit level players now that its getting punished its very amusing to watch 2 teams stand at mid and just look at each other because neither team has a tank and zero initiation

JunkRamen

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegan View Post
Some AFKers in Champion Select come back in the game (and don't suck). It's happened.
Yet others come back to find out they didn't get the champion they wanted, rage at their teammates for not dodging them, then AFK for the rest of the game. It's happened and I care enough about my free time not to ever want it to happen again.

Meta

02-26-2010

If someone AFKs your whole game, just take a screenshot and report it to support@riotgames.com

That individual will likely be banned, and all of the IP they exploited for will be gone.

Xinoxlx

02-26-2010

Had my 2nd afker in a row and I had to dodge the first.

Well off to play a different game now cause why wait 10 mins when I could go play another game.

@Meta

There's no proof that they're actually banned or anything done to them. By not informing you what happens they can just bank on the fact you probably won't see them again.

Sedon

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinoxlx View Post
Had my 2nd afker in a row and I had to dodge the first.

Well off to play a different game now cause why wait 10 mins when I could go play another game.

@Meta

There's no proof that they're actually banned or anything done to them. By not informing you what happens they can just bank on the fact you probably won't see them again.
Actually yes, Riot does punish people that they say they will punish.

You're just quoting the typical line from someone who is too lazy to report them. Oh well, keep getting afk'ers then. I never see any afk'ers. Must be a low Elo issue. Have fun qq'ing.